[ZS] Achievement for Challenges Assisted

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Ray Tarr, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Ray Tarr

Ray Tarr New Member

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere, but I did not find one for this :)

So.. only been playing for a couple months, but am close to level 600 (my toon's name is Azarath Firebane, you can find me poking the bears in WC), and working on achievements while playing (always been an achievement junkie in other games I played, i.e WOW).

So while looking through my achievements page, I notice that there is a an achievement for Outbreaks assisted, tiered out as:

1 Outbreak Assisted - 10XP.
    10 Outbreaks Assisted - 20XP.
    50 Outbreaks Assisted - 50XP.

So on and so forth.

There is not an achievement structure for Challenges Assisted. There are plenty of achievements for completing Challenge W 1 time, X times, then Y times. Outbreaks have achievements for completing 100% of zombie kill requirements, as well as the assist mentioned above. Yet... no brackets for Challenges assisted.

I request that there be a bracket for Challenges Assisted.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

as long as it is retroactive :p

AlterEgoT likes this.
  3. Ray Tarr

Ray Tarr New Member

I would agree with that wholeheartedly. But, more than likely, would not happen... look at the honorable hit listing achievement and the fact that it was not retroactive. I doubt any new achievements put into place would be retroactive (wish they were). Challenges would not be hard to do so - a challenge assist is a challenge assist - but retro'ing others would be quite difficult, if not impossible.

4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

then I vote no :p as a Level 600 compared to the rest of us playing for 4 years, think about it a moment.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  5. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

some ach's have been retro and some haven't... i'm all for new ach's but their are so many others they could implement...punchkills, hitlist wins, boss ach's etc....

AlterEgoT, Xtina and Kirsten like this.
  6. Jess

Jess Active Member

Achievements for Challenges Assisted would be a great addition to the game! It's obvious that it'd have to count the current ones, so old players would get these automatically. ;)

1000 -> 5000 -> 10000? Sounds good enough?

Xtina and Kirsten like this.
  7. Ray Tarr

Ray Tarr New Member

Kirsten - I understand your pain on that one. I think Challenges would be retroactive - look at number of challenges assisted, apply to requirements, bam, done. Challenge assists don't have a level requirement or range requirement. Honorable Hits does have that requirement; ergo, when it implemented, it was fresh. No real way for Kano to see just how many of your prior existing hits were 'honorable'.

Jess... I was thinking of in-line with the Outbreak Assist achievement lines:

1-10-50-100-500-1,000-5,000-10,000-20,000-35,000. Give appropriate rewards for each tier accomplished. For Outbreaks, it is:
    10XP - 20XP - 50XP - 100XP - 500XP - 1,000XP - 3,000XP+1UN - 5,000XP+5UN - 10,000XP+5UN - 20,000XP+5UN

If this were implemented, I would also suggest that challenge assist have a daily cap (I have yet to hit one, whereas I have hit the 35 Outbreaks many times). This would ensure that somebody with a max friends list could not complete this in such a short time; the ifnal stages of the achievement are to belong to people who have sunken the time and effort into the game.

8. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

challenge assists do have a cap, but its an xp cap, drops to 1xp after 50 assists... but u can hit an unlimited number atm...

Kirsten and Xtina like this.
  9. Jess

Jess Active Member

I was thinkin about LCN, sorry mate. I knew there was something fishy bout this! :D
    This idea should refer to all of the games, since all of the games allow players to assist with challenges, right? And we could use those in LCN. I bet ZS players would love it too.

10. Ray Tarr

Ray Tarr New Member

I do play LCN; have not tried Viking or Pirates yet. Have not really looked the achievements much in LCN; I've been wrapped up in ZS since I started playing it.

11. Jess

Jess Active Member

I understand. Kano should look at this idea in every aspect. Could be applied to more than one of the games.

12. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Where is the skill in assisting challenges?
    Why would one even contemplate an achievement for that?
    Now if it was fight kills or punch kills then we are talking!

AXXO and Kirsten like this.
  13. Ray Tarr

Ray Tarr New Member

Foxy, that might be true. Yet... there is no skill involved for Assisting an Outbreak, yet achievements exist for it, which is why i suggested this :)

14. Jess

Jess Active Member

The reward for this doesn't have to be skill points. XP or Cash would do. It's the idea of an achievement that makes it worth considering.

15. Ray Tarr

Ray Tarr New Member

16. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

You have hit the nail on the head. Given there is no limit (XP degrades to 0 though) this is a bit of a problem for this achievement. But as noted we have been recording Challenges Assisted for some time so we can certainly apply something like this that would be retroactive. I am not opposed to the idea but this is a hurdle it would face.

Ray Tarr, Kirsten and RainSunGone like this.
  17. Ray Tarr

Ray Tarr New Member

If my idea were to be implemented... when the achievement is implemented, remove the XP cap from Challenge assists, and put in place a hard cap similar to Outbreak Assists cap (35). It's what I figured would be the most effective way to do so.

18. Jess

Jess Active Member

This should be reconsidered and suggested again. Perhaps we'll get more feedback from players

19. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

It was originally suggested less than a week ago! ;)

Feel free to continue to leave feedback but I can say that I am not sure we will be looking to put a limit and the nerf the XP degradation on Challenge help just to accommodate an achievement. A change like this would likely have a rippling effect that would annoy other players who are content with how the Challenge help has been working for some time now.

Kirsten likes this.
  20. Ray Tarr

Ray Tarr New Member

In other words, this most likely will not be an implementation in the future. To keep it in line with other achievements, it would have to have a cap, yet hard capping it would upset players.

Understood.

Kirsten likes this.