[All] Question about Timelines for ideas

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by AlterEgoT, Nov 5, 2015.

1. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

I remember reading in a thread that different developers have different things they work on, which is why sometimes this update or that is quicker than others.

Does Kano have a guideline in place as to how they decide priority? Or is it just oh that's an easy one do that first for each dev.

Do you have meetings and choose, or does each dev have like a list they go down.

Just wondering since there are a number of ideas floating around or are in queue and we have no idea if they are in a dead letter pile or if they might be coming soon.

(yep, game down, so entertainment is the forums-catching up on ideas and realized there is some really old stuff hanging around that we keep asking about)

ETA: well there used to be.

Jess and Justin the killer like this.
  2. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

that is a good question Alter an most likey we will never see!

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Due to the complexities of internal task-tracking methodologies I can't give a specific answer (and because this has the tendency to change every few months), but I can give a general overview.

When I send a task up to the developers, I add it to our internal queue. From there it is evaluated and if they decide to go forward with it, it's added to a developer's plate when they have some time to put towards it. This depends on their current tasks and the overall complexity of the idea.

I do regular reminders and updates for the developers/the higher ups to remind them of ideas that have been hanging around, which ones have the most "buzz" around them, and then organize which ones I think should be looked at first based on that.

Until something is actually moved to under way, it's tough to tell when ideas will move forward. Sometimes they can hang around for a long while. There isn't a lot of transparency in this process which I know can be frustrating if you've been waiting on an idea of yours or one that you're enthusiastic about.

Hopefully that clears some things up for you. :)

4. Jess

Jess Active Member

Hmmm, it's been a long time since any of the players ideas was implemented...