[LCN] Proposed Change to Pawn Shop

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Scoughman, Jul 30, 2016.

?

Should Kano allow people to sell back Limiteds that are 70% weaker than current for 20% FP?

Poll closed Aug 6, 2016.
  1. Yes!

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. No.

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FancyPants

FancyPants Active Member

Sometimes simple is the better way to go -- easier to implement and less chance of bugs.

For the pawn shop, make it simple: people can trade in any limited item of any stats for 9 FPs. You can limit it to 10 per day initially since there's some concern about flooding the game with FPs. Then the user can decide which items they want to pawn and what they want to do with the FPs.

For the workshop, as others have suggested, add a level after Optimal and add some new craft items that utilize otherwise unused gifts.

To balance out the gigantic welcome offer that the MW influx got, create a welcome offer for anyone who hasn't already taken advantage of one with choice so that people can pick what works for them. Ex: 2 weapons, 1 armor, 1 vehicle, 50 FPs, and a choice of 50 paid men or 20 skill points (just an example). This would help level out things a bit.

These should be fairly easy to implement and adds more strategy to the game.

2. gods people

gods people Active Member

Well i have come to the conclusion that kano don't really care. so good luck with this feature

3. UNL Sassy Me

UNL Sassy Me Member

Where is the present pawnshop?

4. Sandy Barrows

Sandy Barrows Active Member

In The Kano stationery cupboard with the other projects :(

gods people likes this.
  5. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

also i dont wanna here about them being worried about all the fps being tossed out, when they got alot of newbies dropping large amounts of cash, if you was so worried about keeping it fair you would not have allowed them to level in less 6 months compared to what took others years. You say you worry about the influx of changes it could bring but you have no concern when there is cash involved and it changes the game in many ways worse than it would be by letting us trade our old crap in for new items without being cheated out of what we spent. Its a unorthodox statement kano its like the phrase jumbo shrimp

Backdoor Boo boo likes this.
  6. Scoughman

Scoughman Well-Known Member

Over the years we have had people who came in and bought a ton of inventory, and this often made them stronger vs. existing high level players. However, more recently, higher level players have focused on levelling rather than inventory, and so even those who have been spending have weaker item stats than those who started recently and bought a lot of inventory. Your Attack and Defense stats are multipliers on your inventory, so even with partially weaker items, higher levels should have a good change to beat lowers in most cases. We are currently considering some changes to Crafting to help older players use some of their larger inventories to help offset this issue.

It's visible in your inventory under any item that you purchased, but that you do not currently have equipped by you or one of your mobsters. It's pretty rare for this to happen, so it doesn't currently show up for the majority of players.

From your guys' comments and my research, I think crafting is a larger concern than Limited trade-ins at this point, so I'm going to close the thread. When I have more info about plans for crafting I'll open a new one for us to discuss that. Thanks for your feedback on this and I'm sure we'll revisit the feature in a few months once we clear up some other issues. :)

Rick B likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.