Limited-Time Holiday Rewards!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Wonder Bread, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Enjoy your negativity and have a good evening. lol

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Well everyone has every right to be negative on this one.

Shame on Kano.

This is one day that shoulda just been left blank if that was the real reason Eric gave ya.

3. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Dear Kano Grinches!

Yes I enjoyed my prezzies from u just like the ones last year and the year before.

Cheers,

Your faithful king under the influence an alcoholized honey drink with some modern grand marnier ... try that!

PS I got a cookie for you left by some reindeer sled tracks last night on the front yard ...

PSS the PS is too mean, how about a carrot from the snowman that a bunny tried to eat but got sick on ... still "Enjoying the stay in the Hospital" over it!!!!!!

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Ummmm...thinking this one didnt go over to well guys...lol. Ide be interested in how many players actually took the time to come and collect these gifts. Ive seen a lot of players posting the link to this thread in their feeds as did I. My guess is that more players than normal made it here to the forums, may have been a good time to have put on your best suit Kano.

LOL.... I realize that there are other days and other rewards but I just cant get over how odd it is that you would give away useless in -game stuff on Christmas day with such a small window of opportunity which to me implied how good they might be. I cant help to think or should I say hope that this was just some kind of mix up and one of the Devs imputed the wrong stuff kinda like they did when they put out the old skadi image instead of the newer artwork for the Skadi blizzard (hint hint ;) )

It was a bit of a roller coaster ride for me, when you guys used the word "gifts" I pretty much thought you meant 1 gift per game, when I realized it was 4 per game I was totally stoked, right up until I came to realize their worth........

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  5. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Give them a bailing bucket Polish!!!!!!!!!

"Holiday Rewards

Because you're awesome, we've decided to do limited-time rewards over the holidays as a thank-you for being so great!"

Wonder "the Grinch" Bread

The toast is cooked ...

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

No mix up...Linda posted in one of the fb groups a message from Eric..no mix up.

7. maizy boobalicious

maizy boobalicious New Member

first off..... to the moderator here...... who the hell are you to tell us how to feel ?? we were told we'd be getting something... no..... FOUR something wonderfuls, for christmas. i can't see them past the 1st 3 pages of crap i looked thru to find the a & d on them. after 3 pages, i give up.... not worth my time. who are you to tell anyone how they should feel after receiving a promised wonderful that turns out to suck if you're over level 2. as you're a moderator, you get alot of perks in this game..... as i am a player, i have to spend to get perks, and i DO spend, as i feel it's a responsibility for players that if they enjoy a free game, if they expect that game to continue, they need to feed the cash register for the people who provide these games. my paying is my way of saying thanks, and keep up the good work, as i appreciate your efforts and your business. when i am told i am to be given some great things, only to see they are worthless, i am disappointed, and if i am disappointed, i have every right to bitch about my disappointment. you don't like it, do not read my posts, or don't respond to them, and let someone with authority who is on the payroll respond.

as a moderator, your 'job' is to relay our thoughts and feelings, not to denigrate them to oblivion because YOU do not agree. it's called customer service. i am a customer here, and if i were your boss, i'd show you the virtual door and hope it would slam your ass on the way out. the customer is always right. period.

now to the kano devs..... i play lcn only. when i am told i am gonna receive 4 great gifts, i, at the VERY least, expect to be able to USE them. i cannot use these items, and am hopeful you will take some time to rethink the a & d #'s you assigned to these 'great' gifts, and make good on your promise of '4 great gifts'. i will await a response from a true dev on this site, because the word i got from your moderator, frankly, is unacceptable.

thank you for your time, and again, wishing you all a merry christmas.

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Hit the nail on all points there.

9. gtbuddy

gtbuddy New Member

standing applause

10. polishpimp

Really? Why would she post something like that in a FB group rather than here in Kanos official forum? Linda? Would appreciate if someone would copy n paste that message from Eric to here.

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Check your inbox

12. Joey Mele

Joey Mele Member

Let's call a Spade a Spade. We are not perturbed because the gifts given by Kano are weak. We are perturbed because the gifts are something we can freely send and receive to each other, and because we are greedy. Kano is in business to make money. Yes, having put in almost 900 days with Kano games, I had a sense of entitlement to getting something with some wicked Attack/Defense stats. This sense of entitlement is only driven by an inflated ego, not because I have some elevated value to Kano. Be thankful for the game, the updates made, and the energy/stamina boosts we got yesterday and will get tomorrow. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

13. polishpimp

I read it, TY.

What a joke. Apparently we have a case of the right hand not knowing what the heck left hand is doing.

Eric basically said the gifts were never intended to be anything good like the limited items they give out in newsletters because they didnt want players to miss out on them while with their families. Well Eric...perhaps Dan shouldnt say things like "Dec 25 (12am-11:59pm PST) - 4 awesome Holiday-themed gifts", or use the word "limited" when describing things we can get in-game. If so concerned players wouldnt get any of these "awesome" gifts because they were with their families......how about not having the smallest window of opportunity for them? Why only twelve hours? Why not all day or a couple of days like the rest of the stuff? Why not skip Christmas all together? Thats just goofy. Heres a thought....Why not just have told us what they were ahead of time so your most dedicated of players could have decided whether it was worth their time during Christmas to even show up. You know as well as I do a very small percentage of your players even bother with the forums, i think its pretty safe to say the ones that do are amongst Kanos most dedicated, the one with ideas, reporting mistake and prompting fellow players to get there asses up here and keeping them informed in the games. If there are players who wouldnt have made it here to the forums for all of 2 minutes despite yours and our efforts to claim what SHOULD have been "awesome" "limited" items would that of been all that bad? Would it have caused some great imbalance? Not hardly, it would have been no diff than someone going out and buying a few limited items another player couldnt afford. Apparently it makes no difference what so ever how much time or effort a player puts into these games or your forum.....so why should players even give a ****? In the end its just a bunch of BS, All the miss-communication aside....what the hell were u thinking giving out something nobody but the lowest of levels could use? Poor judgement is an understatement

14. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

First off as a Moderator I and another Mod did let kano know how people felt,( on a major Holiday when Kano is off , no less) Eric said if I wanted to post his announcement , feel free to do so, I did not have the time( nor did I think it would make any difference to some here,) again I was right. As a Player I also let my feelings known and I do not see the big deal some of are making, but you certainly have the right to speak your minds as I do. As far as a virtual door , don't let it stop you from going thru it, Maizy with your ""one"" game , I am also a customer and have every right to voice my opinion , just because it does not agree with yours makes it no less relevant. So if anyone has a problem with my opinons , OH WELL.

P.S. Almost forgot, having worked in the service industry since the early 1970's and still do in the" real" world, I speak from experience when I say" The Customer is Rarely RIGHT"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2012
  15. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

You can read my apology for this horrible situation by clicking here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.