[LCN] Just for ONE time can we

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by DMQ, Jan 10, 2016.

1. DMQ

DMQ Member

Roll back BA and have it how it used to be.. Pure dedication to the game, hunt out and get the kills..

Qbot

SweetestAngel likes this.
  2. Michael Wheet

Michael Wheet Active Member

Could you elaborate on "how it used to be" for us newer players,please? I for one am turned off by BA for the fact that 24 hours seems a bit too long. Was it shorter earlier? If so, I would agree with you.

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The Battle Arena used to be 72 hours.

Also this was asked of us when we changed the BA over a year ago, and my response is still the same. The old code for the BA does not exist anymore in a way that would allow us to bring it back. :(

Kirsten likes this.
  4. Michael Wheet

Maybe if a "Battle Arena Blitz" was a thing, lasting 2-6 hours, more people would register to play? I don´t know. Just an amusing thought....

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Nope, then more time zone issues come more into play= more bitching..

Sir Opinion Alot and Kirsten like this.
  6. Michael Wheet

Then I can imagine a lot of people being unhappy with the Bounty Blitz Event, seeing that half of the players are asleep or at work when it happens. I guess time zones will always be an issue, no matter what.

7. otty22

otty22 Active Member

I'm from Europe and everytime when it's BA, here it's the middle of the night.. Can't you put a time which is convenable for all?

8. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know my personal opinion is BA is better now. having two phases is an excellent idea, may be it seems like unfair as the people who spend money have a greater chance. but still I like the way it is. without spending anyone can get in
    3 Favor Points
    70% XP to level
    20x Income
    1.2x XP, 1.5x Strength in battles

2 Favor Points
    65% XP to level
    15x Income

1 Favor Points
    60% XP to level
    10x Income
    these ranks, depends on if you stockpile some amount of GF. and if you choose targets wisely, during the first half you can get at least 600000-700000 (depend on how many times you die) so use defense mode wisely ;) i.e I have 4 hours defense mode time. so its just a little practice you need. ;)

Kirsten likes this.
  9. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

I cannot agree with you on that, every-time it was a different time for me.

Kirsten likes this.
  10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

It use to be for me also in the middle of the nite or to late ,my job is more important than any arena.The 3:00 and 5:00 and 7:00 pm ( think those were some of the times) been awhile , but the days did not always work for me , it can never be good for everyone .

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  11. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

the thing with the blitz are they are random you will have to wait till its good for you i have seen a couple and slept or worked through most thats the way this game is you have to learn you cant grab or do all the features all the time, once you learn this it will be alot less painful and less stress with missing things.

12. I think that consideration should be given to starting the BA at 10am in the morning UK time so that sudden death started at 6.00 pm. or maybe even Midday start for 8.00pm Sudden Death

At the moment I get sudden death at either 6.00am or 2.00am depending on the rotation. This means that I only ever get to play points in the warm up section. Unless I decide to get up very early or stay up stupidly late which I did once, I will never play in Sudden Death again.

13. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

they cant make everyone happy lol and i think people who play arena actually stays up until it starts or wake up early, and it doesn't matter staying up at the beginning is not a must, as long as you grab points during first half.

14. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

it was created once. there is no possible way for it to be created again, even if it can't be "copied and pasted" somehow? it's a wonder any code can be created then. or was the code for raids "copied" from somewhere?

15. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

Not sure if you play on FB or Kong but on Kong, BA doesn't last too long. We have the brawl which lasts really only 30-45 minutes as after the start, everyone stays dead and reviving is a waste as no one is around to get points off of and if you are not one of the big players and you do revive, any of the big players around will find you fast and kill you making the loss of points not worth reviving for.

After the brawl which no one has actively done anything for the past 7 hours, Sudden Death starts and within the first hour, almost everyone has been killed except maybe 10 people of which 7 to 8 are hiding in defense. And by probably the 2nd hour of Sudden Death, it is over as the big guys just attack through def mode as they get tired of waiting. Sudden Death rarely lasts more than 3 hours on Kong LCN.

It would be nice if they could create a BA that incorporated both the ideas of the OLD and the NEW versions of BA. Make the place where you go out matter as well as the points for attacks and kills. Players should have two goals when playing BA - trying to stay alive and get as many attacks as possible. In the old BA it was just about staying alive even if that meant doing nothing. And in the new BA, players go in all attack and just spend as much stamina as possible until dead. For me it works out well as I have a huge max stamina and plenty of fps. So getting top 5 is almost guaranteed every BA on Kong. But I think being more balanced would create a bigger challenge.

One thing that should be changed is the POINTS you get when attacking someone in DEF MODE. The fact that you lose so much health is punishment enough for attacking a player in def mode but the points are ridiculous. Getting as low as 2 or 3 points per attack. Since so many players hide in DEF MODE, it makes the game stall on Kong often as since the game is based on points, there is no reason to attack someone in DEF MODE as the points are crap AND you lose so much health as well. So you just end up sitting around waiting for them to come out of DEF MODE. Many of the players go into defense mode and then leave. So being in Defense Mode has no value but to delay the game as they are no longer playing and trying to get more points.

16. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

What about a BA with "tiers" ?

ThaMan and Michael Wheet like this.
  17. Michael Wheet

Excellent idea! Those that avoid BA because they feel they don´t stand a chance would be motivated to participate.

18. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

And it would avoid to die in 1 minute like sometimes :p

19. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

what they should do is set different Battle Arenas for different time zones...an people on the PDT can go first then the EDT..an then whatever other country etc...so we can have our seperate Battle Arena Servers with of course the same payout of the rewards which it would make it fair!! that is my point of view lookin at an kano should of done it that way years ago!

i know this is a old thread figure i update it with this discussion!

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  20. Rhenkle1

Rhenkle1 Active Member

Don't think there are enough players on server 2 or kongregate for that to work Justin. Maybe if they combined those 2 servers there would be but otherwise no.