Information on the New Tier of Characters and Character Switching

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jul 22, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The next tier of characters will be on us quickly, and since many of you have been asking about the level requirement and pricing, I got some preliminary information together to share with you in advance of the release.

The characters have not been named yet, but the level requirement and pricing are final. Here's what you're looking at for the next character tier:

Viking Clan
    Level: 5,400
    FP Cost: 250

Pirate Clan
    Level: 4,360

Mob Wars: La Cosa Nosta
    Level: 2,500

Zombie Slayer
    Level: 2,250
    UN Cost: 250

As usual there will be separate characters with their own stats and bonuses, but that is being saved for the actual release.

In addition to the above information about the Tier Four characters, I'm also going to be introducing a new feature that will roll out alongside the release called "Character Switching".

Character Switching

During the last release, there were a few questions about what would happen to previously purchased characters or the possibility of getting a discount taking into account previously purchased characters. The answer to that is Character Switching.

What this feature will do when it goes live is crawl your game history for characters you've purchased. Once the game has that information, you'll get access to your old characters back and be able to switch between them. You'll also get a partial refund if you've purchased multiple characters in a "lineage", or progression line. For example, if you purchased a Tier Two character that has faster Energy and Stamina regeneration and then purchased a Tier Three character with those same attributes, you'll received a small refund (75 FP/UN, bringing the actual cost for the Tier Three character down to 100 FP/UN). Purchasing additional characters in a progression line will also mean that you get a discount on their price. The characters also need to be the same gender (so no going from a male character to female or vice versa).

To illustrate this, here's a series of images that explains Character Switching and shows off the new UI. Character Switching <- I'm aware these images show Pirate Clan, but the functionality is the same for all games.

To head off a couple potential questions, yes, we are only bringing out Tier Four in this release. We know that players at higher levels want characters that are commensurate to their tenure in the games and we absolutely plan on releasing them when we are able, however the feedback we received during the release of the Tier Three characters last year caused us to bring our plan back to the drawing board which has bumped back the higher level characters slightly. Character Switching will help make unlocking characters a better experience for everyone, and that feature came about largely thanks to your feedback.

Stay tuned for news on the release of the Tier Four characters and any subsequent tiers. As always, feedback or comments can go below!

2. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

Great News! I'm ready to pay 250 FPs for a new character, BUT ...

lvl 4000 is too high.

I understand that it will work on Facebook LCN, but I play LCN on Kong and it's not motivating for players who are about lvl 3000 (like me) to have to wait so long until lvl 4000. In fact, it is discouraging.

I suggest to make it lvl 3500. Because me and other dedicated players will reach that level in a few weeks/months and I'm sure most will purchase this new upgrade then.

IpeeFreely and mi7ch like this.
  3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks for the feedback, @WendelinR, that's certainly something to consider. I'll discuss it with our designers.

IpeeFreely likes this.
  4. Jess

Jess Active Member

Not sure yet how I feel about it, but it's good to see some progress and new features. :)

mi7ch likes this.
  5. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

Yes but I think for LCN on facebook should stay level 4000

6. Guardian Angel

And in how much time you think this characters will be released?

7. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

Too expensive for me!!! just prefer too keep my original character it was Free lol

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

In terms of a release window, we're looking at hopefully releasing Zombie Slayer characters this week and then following up with the remaining games in short order.

9. Guardian Angel

Hope will make a good difference if we compare whit characters that already exists, especially for higher level its harder and harder to advance and will need some help like for exemple feature: 20% less Xp to each level or alot more better time on stamina regeneration etc

10. Guardian Angel

Anyway its good to have new content in game (become a little boring latelly) and switching between characters that we have already purchased its a great ideea, olso thanks for your fast replay !

mi7ch likes this.
  11. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

I did not buy a tier three, so I guess I won't get a refund. I hope we don't have to wait long for the next release, as level 4360 seems mighty low to me. :(

12. IpeeFreely

IpeeFreely Member

Mob Wars: La Cosa Nosta
    Level: 4,000

lvl 4000 is way to high! maybe lvl 2500-3000 ish range tops 3500?

on FB ya, you'll sell a bunch, but on MS & kong, very little

why set the lvl's so high ?:confused: isn't the point to sell new characters for FP's?

not complaining, i'm Level: 4872 on MS & Level: 3168 on kong

13. VK QHill

VK QHill Member

Sounds like a good idea, except I agree with others, that perhaps the level requirement should be considered per platform in this instance.

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'm hoping the new character's have no boost in attack as the Demigods do of .25%. It's nothing really, but it is still in essence buying skill points. As for 250 FP's, that's a no go for me, I'll stick with my Skald Viking. Basically your asking each player to give you 50 bucks each, then come out with another new character. Great marketing setup, but I'm not buying into it.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  15. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

yea the umm Favor points are alittle to high an its really not worth buying for tho why not lower it down an the levels i have to agree with a bunch of them too way too high in my opinion should be reduce like EXECUTIONER said :)

16. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

not very relevant to me but jumping from 1850 to 5400 seems a pretty big jump to me, thats a very long wait for the lowers....jumps from level 100 to 1850, you would think it would be around 3700 or so for the new ones, no? anyways, thanks a ton for the heads up, a little over halfway there fp-wise and looking forward to seeing them! been a long time comin

17. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

Am I the only one just hoping the outfits are more logical? I almost bought a male last time because I didn't want a Southern Belle with frills running the ship. And not to nitpick but a "Lord" is a male, a "Lady" is a female. A "Master" is a male, a "Mistress" is a female. Goddess works, too :D lol.

Anyway, can't wait for the release! Hopefully, you''ll drop the price from the insane 250, but it will still be interesting to see them.

18. Water81300

Water81300 New Member

You should make it level 2K-2500 instead. Many more people will have an easy time doing this.

19. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

im more interested in what they will offer for the nice amount of 250 points

20. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

well there was a ton of feedback between all the games from the last release so im sure these ones will be a nice upgrade from those, including the weapons/warriors that will come with them