Get rid of the delay on the Hitlist

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by AlterEgoT, May 10, 2015.

?

Is the Delay on the Hitlist a good idea?

1. yes

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. no

23 vote(s)
    92.0%
  1. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

It's killing the game.

I could go into bullet points of how and why but let's face it. You've read that a thousand times.

How about you just do us this favor and make the game fun again? Where folks hang around for lengths of time Please.

Thank you.

George Burd, bbean37, JADES and 4 others like this.
  2. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

never been a fan of the delay, routing etc...

3. Richard Peters

Richard Peters New Member

I absolutely despise the delay. All I'm gonna say

4. JuanDeadBlade

JuanDeadBlade New Member

The delay makes me just not want to play when I get it bad I just give up because it only gets worst. It should be even for all players.

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I agree 100%, KANO added this to defeat bot's etc., but why in the hell should legitimate players get punished for their doing? Punish them, not us.

AlterEgoT, George Burd, Jess and 2 others like this.
  6. Lisa Rhea

Lisa Rhea New Member

when i get the delay i stop playing and go do something else.

7. Richard Peters

Richard Peters New Member

I hate how inconsistent the delay is. There are times where I can get 40 hitlist kills in one setting. And then there are other times where I have absolutely no hitlist kills and yet everything flashes. Come on Kano this is ridiculous

8. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

kinda gets old when u gotta deal with delays all the time..bc i play the hitlist everyday on pirate clan on server 2 an have to deal with it after maybe about 5 or 10 bounty kills kinda gets old..please remove the Timer....an if u got so called programs make use of it an catch them bot users that way...lot more easier then letting us loyal players fall to pieces..

AlterEgoT and George Burd like this.
  9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

This change was actually introduced to give more people a chance at picking up players on the 'list, not to combat bots. The more you know. ;)

Like I mentioned in this thread, I've brought this up with the devs. Moving this over to the Ideas forum as that's a more appropriate venue.

10. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i agree completely i dont hunt much but when i do it is annoying and i dont see a point in it anymore especially for how they are saying they get rid of the bot users so if they actually are there reason to have it because of them wouldnt make any sense

George Burd likes this.
  11. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I think with the introduction of god bounties, especially fb where you can see 6 at a time the delay is no longer needed

AlterEgoT likes this.
  12. AlterEgoT

Thank you.

The thing is. It's not helping other players get a chance.

they do the damage the delay wears off for the health accounts and down the bounty goes. So same health accounts can still get the decent bounties.

the UN hits do not hit the same delay btw.

It's just not accomplishing what kano wants it to and it's running the players off left and right.

90% votes to get rid of it certainly makes a statement. And that was just 1 quick posting of the thread.

Pretty please Devs. Rethink it.

JuanDeadBlade and Tony Montana like this.
  13. AlterEgoT

any word from the Dev's Mitch?

We cannot stress enough how detrimental this is the the game.

This is a simple game. What keeps it going is the interaction. When we hit delay we leave. When our friends hit delay we stop listing. Pretty soon there are 3 people staring at each other waiting for someone to work on honorables.

Would appreciate it if you would bug them again.

Thank you!

JuanDeadBlade likes this.
  14. AlterEgoT

doesn't work for that purpose by the way. for a few reasons.

* the delay wears off on the strong accounts just in time to get the kill shot for large bounties
    * we just quit listing when the folks that are regulars can't catch anymore
    *the spenders run out of cash, when they can't catch...they leave.
    *we quit listing when we can't catch
    *everyone leaves. But hey they can catch those juicy un lists

15. kamikazeweasel

kamikazeweasel Active Member

have to agree, delay doesn't seem to do much to resolve the problem. pretty much pointless unless your trying to annoy people just my 2 cents tho

AlterEgoT likes this.
  16. Alice Prospero

Alice Prospero Active Member

Honestly, this can not have been very successful? The same people kill me when i'm hit listed. There's maybe 10 people that get me every time. The hunters. If the plan had worked as intended we should see more lover level attacks and people that hunt less often getting kills. But i get attacked by a player that i don't recognize maybe 1 time out of 50 times i get bountied. Note that i said attacked, not killed.

Have you actually followed up on this and made sure that more people are picking up list kills or if it only resulted in frustrated and angry regular players? Where are all those "more people" that are supposed to get the kills?

I think that if you can't prove, with statistics, that the delay is a success then it should be removed.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  17. AlterEgoT

worth asking again?

Alice Prospero likes this.