Battle Arena Multi-Attack Feature Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by neill1990, May 16, 2013.

1. Akkhunter1

Akkhunter1 Member

yup..............

2. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

well WB IMO this is definately the worst added feature so far. as i have stated def.Mode is not worth trying to use and when you do it gets over powered.

3. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

121 left in an hour of play on FB yikes

4. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

62 left in MS.........yikes.. I tell ya what though...it def takes care of the whole "inactive" prob....unfortunately it hurts the actives as well....lol

5. Squarenips

Squarenips New Member

An hour and 15 minutes in and 822 players have gone from FB battle arena... Been killing people in about 9 or 10 seconds!

6. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

yes it does Polish and i did use a 5 stam attack several times and it really didnt make much difference from the 10 so this feature will have to be adjusted greatly to actually be a help

7. The Protector

The Protector Banned

To our haters:

You guys didn't think a strategy out and got thumped :)

You had every chance to use that on us.

8. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

I've started an official feedback thread in an attempt to consolidate all the feedback in the various threads so far. You're absolutely welcome to continue discussion here, but if you'd like to post in the feedback thread, please only do so once so we can get feedback from a variety of players. Thanks! :)

9. brad8and8

brad8and8 Member

Wow i am the 4th highest level player n the game and got mowed down, by the time i knew i was being attacked, that has to be the dumbest move KANO and devs have done, I actually have an arena 1st place finish and dont mind being taken out but the thing I have always liked the most was the long drawn out battle. MY LAST ARENA, THE WINGMAN

I am editting this post because i have changed my mind in support of this change, I think it gives the low levels a fighting chance now, all you need is stamina, come out swinging, build yourself up an pray for a little luck THE WINGMAN

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  10. brad8and8

brad8and8 Member

I agree completely The Wingman

11. brad8and8

brad8and8 Member

Come on, i didnt know anything about it till after my 1st kill and noticed the slide bar, and others had no idea till i asked them if they saw the bar and have yet to see anything in the news about it, but i might not have seen it, of course i dont want to take away from SWMs team play, they win most of these arenas due to planning and team play and guess ts not to early to say congrats on you guys winning this 1 ALSO the wingman

12. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I noticed that bar right off.

13. polishpimp

Lets not get silly here...10 stam attacks is waaay to much. The limited time wouldnt allow enough time for a valid strategy to unfold. If it was scaled back to maybe 2 attacks....it could be a completely diff story in the hands of the savy lower leveled player. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out the biggest of levels had a huge additional advantage in this arena....Bragging about shooting fish in a barrel is kinda weak dont ya think? You know me....im always advocating for a level playing field ...even if that gives a high level player an advantage....because it would be an earned advantage. This ridiculous situation is just a huge unfortunate lack of foresight on Kanos part. I assure u it will be corrected as it should and u will be the only one arguing that it shouldnt be.

14. polishpimp

this update was in beta. they stated they would monitor the results and adjust accordingly. It'll get fixed. Def a lil weird that Kano didnt realize just how bad it would be....but I assure you they fully understand now....lol

15. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

It doesn't affect players starting in defensive stance.

16. polishpimp

What do u mean it doesnt affect them? R u saying u cant use power attacks against players in D-stance or just that it has little affect? Is there a diff in the affects if a player starts in def stance compared to if they go into Def stance later in the arena?

17. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

It doesn't hurt the player. I finished at rank 29 being in def. stance the entire time. I signed in to find myself that way and was shocked because that's better than I've ever done. As soon as the def. stance wore off, however, I was killed. It was less than a minute from two hits, one that took away 600billion health from me. I was annoyed that I didn't even get a chance to fight as I had just signed in to participate, and I was shocked I was rank 29 when I didn't do anything. So while it was awesome for me, naturally, I don't feel it was earned. I think they over-padded defensive stance to make up for this new feature. Not sure but I am proof that the new feature doesn't hurt def. stance.

18. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

it would be my guess that not many attacked you with a 10 stam attack but i could be wrong.

19. polishpimp

I appreciate your reply. Im a bit confused when u say "it doesnt hurt the player", In my experience...although tedious...its was possible to take players out in def. stance even with 1 stam attacks. It seems odd to me that it wouldnt be even easier to do while attacking with 10 stam. Im left to wonder if you werent just let be because u were in D-mode and there were plenty who were not in Def stance. If I had been playing and the arena was moving as fast as it was I would have left you alone as well until the easier pickens were done.

Unfortunately....even though you ranked better than u had previously I would imagine you didnt get any rewards being that u didnt get your 100 attacks in? I could definitely see that happening alot considering most active players or ones in Defensive stance more than likely didnt have time to get their hits in. Kano didnt mention anything about padding the defense at all...would be interesting to know if they did and why they didnt tell us if indeed they did. But it does stand to reason that when attacking with a 10 stam attack the attacker is going to be taking that much more damage as well...especially if their target is in Def stance.

Ive heard a few players actually say they like the new system because they placed better than they had previously(even when not in Def)....but once again Im left to wonder if it was purely random chance, even under the old system there would always be a few random players that ranked well simply because they got lucky/slipped through the cracks.

In the end....I think its pretty obvious that a 10 stam power attack is way to much as the majority of players due to their level/amount of health vs the amount of damage being done in a single attack simply dont have time to react . Also as u said....u made it to where u did because of your Def without doing anything.... no disrespect....but that does seem a bit whack....lol. It seems a bit counter productive that many players will rank well while not getting their minimum attacks in to be eligible for rewards even though they may have wanted to.

All in all I think its a neat idea ....it just needs to be either dialed back considerably (maybe a 2-3 stam attack) and or....either dont enable the attack until much deeper into the arena or have the ability unlocked after a certain number of attacks in an effort to promote activity. At the very least players should be able to withstand more than a couple of seconds of attacks.

Ive also heard talk about there being less sniped kills, is this because the arena went so fast and all the snipers were killed before they had a chance to even get going. It seems to me if most players were using 10 stam attacks the likely hood of a sniped kill would be the same as it was when everyone was using one stam attacks.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  20. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

There were quite a few that ranked in the top 20 and a bit higher that did not get one shot it, besides the fact that the hits do not jive , if you hit with a 10 stamina it counts as 1 hit, as far as I can see.