Aztec High Priest, Silverspike, Silent Assassin Blacksmithing tips:

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by DarkStratus, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson New Member

Has anyone tried any of the new challenge drops in these tries, will read back again to make sure and make a list of my tries with those but seems to me one item should or could be from those as it appeared when they did unless I am mistaken.

2. Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson New Member

But then again that would make sense and most of the secret ones on all 4 apps haven't

3. Please no pictures

Please no pictures New Member

I haven't solved Silverspike either, but keep in mind that you can be ANY level to participate in another captain's Boss battle and get those drops. Also, I would not make any assumption about the similarity of items, i.e., silverspike does not have to have a "silver" or "spike" input element. Just my thoughts on that.

Also, I see that some people have done the math on the Blacksmith items. I always make 1 of everything to have it, but in most cases it seems like it is mathematically NOT in your interest to craft the items because you "use" high value weapons, mateys, ships (this could apply to VC as well) to get a higher value weapon, matey or ship. Now, I'm not an expert on the battle formula, but I am pretty sure that your total attack point and total defense points matter. So, technically, you can reduce your total attack/defense score by getting a single higher value item that used up several other items. The logic above is dependent on how many captains you have, which drives how many items you can employ in battle (if you have more captains, the more likely that you have "base" items, i.e., those that you can purchase in infinite quantities; if you have fewer captains, perhaps you are using only special items and maybe even have excess quantities). Who wants an example? OK, say, for example at your level you can buy a weapon that is attack/defense 15/15. Great, so you have lots of those. The special items that you can craft is 30/25 (I'm just making up the numbers) and the inputs are 3x of a 21/21 item, 1x of a 20/24 item and 1x of a 22/18 item. But here is the key point -- are you employing those items in battles? If so, keep in mind that you are trading in 5 items for 1 item. The 5 items had the combined value of 105/105 whereas the new 1 item + 4 of the base item would have a combined value of 90/85, so you would lose out by crafting the special item.

NOTE: don't piss off the thread owners by replying to the latter part of my note. The first part was about recipes, but the latter part is not, whoops.

4. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

You are correct about the "silver" and "spike" not needing to be present, but wrong about the boss drops.
    You HAVE to be able to get the items YOURSELF. For the Silverspike, this means you HAVE to be able to get any required items from Atlantis at level 175. This includes the gifts. NO gift after level 175 can be used, just as NO Boss past the Sea Serpent can be used (actually, ONLY the Serpent would be used anyways) and NO adventure past the Red Pearl Compass can be used.
    The new Challenges? You mean the Treasure Hunt ones? No. They were released AFTER the Silverspike recipe was. This is the same with the February and Valentine's Day gifts (January's already existed).

EDIT: finally got through the latter portion of your post. Technically, you are correct. But if the ingredients are NOT used when you Attack or Defend, and the finished product IS used, then it is worthwhile crafting. Example - Ivory Elf recipe in Viking Clan. The two item types it consumes are not used in my battles. The Ivory Elf is. Also, I have a ton of ingredient#1 sitting around, and ingredient#2 drops from a boss. So I don't lose out since I just so happen to have the ingredients with me. I don't have to go and do an adventure/challenge or fight a boss I don't want.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  5. a lvl 2 can join a parasitic beast boss battle and thats the final boss.you can get the drops even at that lvl if you hit the boss enough times(and empty your credit card)

something says its not a boss drop from that serpent.only thing that possibly fits from that boss is the blade.

6. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

I know that, but those don't count. The drop has to be open to ANY player at or above level 175. If a level 200 player has no clan powerful enough to open the Parasite, or they do and the clan just doesn't share the boss, then the player can not obtain the boss item.

7. then lets rule out boss drops for moment.how many combinations does that leave minus all boss drops

8. Please no pictures

Please no pictures New Member

Wait, how do you figure that those don't count. I think AS and I are right about this -- anyone helping on a Boss battle that meets the minimum damage requirements can get those items including the random boss drops. How can you rule those out? Its a foregone conclusion that other plays have already opened up those battles, so any player can join them. Its fine if you want to start with the low hanging fruit and begin your process of elimination there, but you can't just exclude those possibilities. The only remark that I would make is that you are not going to make the silverspike out of anything BETTER than than silverspike, so I would exclude those boss drops or any other item for that matter.

PS: yeah, on my other comment, that was the point, before you go crafting a lot of these items you have to figure out if you are using or not using the ingredients -- if you are not using them, then yeah, go make better items, but if you are using them -- stop and do the math.

9. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Here is a list of the Atlantis items, excluding those that can NOT be obtained by any means at level 175 (Adventure/Gift/Purchase). I didn't bother looking up other Boss items. I only know the level 175 Atlantis purchases.

Silverspike (weapon) - 22 Attack / 14 Defense

Ancient Chest (weapon) - 12 Attack / 12 Defense
    • This gift unlocks at level 175. The Red Pearl Compass or the Ancient Chest or the Mermaid/Merman MUST be used.
    • Any later gift can NOT be used.

ADVENTURE
    1. Atlantis Key (weapon) - 2 Attack / 3 Defense
    2. Golden Challice (weapon) - 1 Attack / 4 Defense
    3. Giant Pearl (weapon) - 5 Attack / 2 Defense
      • This is used for another recipe.
    4. Red Pearl Compass (weapon) - 4 Attack / 8 Defense
      • This unlocks at level 175. The Red Pearl Compass or the Ancient Chest or the Mermaid/Merman MUST be used.
      • Any later adventure drop can NOT be used.

PURCHASE
    1. Merman (matey) - 10 Attack / 13 Defense
    2. Mermaid (matey) - 13 Attack / 9 Defense
      • Both are unlocked at level 175. The Red Pearl Compass or the Ancient Chest or the Mermaid/Merman MUST be used.
      • Any later purchase can NOT be used.

BLACKSMITH
    1. Coast Guard (ship) - 64 Attack / 64 Defense
      • First off, this is a ship. While it *could* be used, it has too much power.
    2. Juggernaut (matey) - 13 Attack / 14 Defense
    3. Ancient Divesuit (weapon) - 10 Attack / 10 Defense
      • Any later Blacksmithed item can NOT be used.

SEA SERPENT BOSS
    1. Atlantis Warrior Cannon (weapon) - 12 Attack / 21 Defense
      • This loses WAY too much Attack for the Defense gain.
        • It could still be used, but I doubt it.
    2. Atlantis Sub (ship) - 70 Attack / 70 Defense
      • First off, this is a ship. While it *could* be used, it has too much power.
    3. Atlantis Warrior Armor (weapon) - Attack 15 / Defense 25
      • This loses WAY too much Attack for the Defense gain.
        • It could still be used, but I doubt it.
    4. Atlantis Blade (weapon) - 20 Attack / 10 Defense
      • Many think this is used.

I hope this helps. I seriously think we deserve a hint now.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  10. Bubba

Bubba Member

Possiblities

Using Skyler's list which does not include all the gifts that could be used, there are 14 possible items to use in our formula. Assuming one of those items is a Blacksmith item and no items repeat (for instance two different gifts), that means we have the following possible combos:

13 x 2 x 12 equals 312 possible combos. I have excluded the ships in this formula as well as there are several reasons they are not part of the recipe. Once we get the number of possible gifts then the formula will look like this:

# gifts x 2 x 10. Several of these combos have been tried, so we do not have that many more to go through. Maybe we each take a particular gift and try with all these possible items?

11. well only 1 gift is used.so hmm.ugh this one is buggin.

i think another hint is in order

12. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Don't forget ONE of them has to be unlocked AT level 175.
    Also, the Blacksmith trend is to use an item from the same location. Since the ship is overpowered, we get 2 items: Juggernaut and Ancient Divesuit.
    There are 40 gifts unlocked before the Ancient Chest. The Ancient Chest is the 41st.
    There are 10 different items you can get from Atlantis at level 175 (including Red Pearl Compass but ignoring purchased items). I've also left out the Atlantis Challenge drops because I don't know what they are.
    Including the Ancient Chest, there are 4 items unlocked at level 175: Red Pearl Compass, Merman, Mermaid, Ancient Chest.

If the gift is the level 175 item:
    2 x 1 x 10 = 20

But if the non-gift is the level 175 item:
    2 x 40 x 3 = 240

240 + 20 = 260 combinations.
    Narrowed down, but still daunting. Atheistic, your suggestion of picking gifts is a good one. I'll see if I can collect what's already been done. Anything in bold has either not been tested or I couldn't find it for some reason.

Blacksmith + Ancient Chest trials:
    Atlantis Warrior Cannon
    Atlantis Sub
    Atlantis Warrior Armor
    Atlantis Blade
    Atlantis Key
    Golden Challice
    Giant Pearl
    Red Pearl Compass

Blacksmith + Level 175 (RPC/Merman/Mermaid) trials:
    Red Pearl Compass (still missing some):
    • Parrot
    • Silver Hook
    • Cannon
    • Eye Patch
    • Dual Scimitars
    • Jolly Roger
    • Ship Helm
    • Compass
    • Bone Necklace
    • Melee Scimitar
    • Pirate Monkey
    • Chinese Pirate Sails
    • Rabbit Skull Bandana
    • Boxing Gloves
    • Pirate Tombstone
    • Zombie Compass
    • Zombie Dagger
    • Bandit Gloves
    • Captain's Rum Flask
    • Captain's Spy Glass
    • Lucky Shovel
    • Peg Leg
    • Captain's Hook
    • Boat Cat
    • Bronze Eagle
    • (I was told by the Secret Ninja that Evil Eye Talisman is NOT used)
    • Lion Figurehead
    • Ship's Bell
    • Boat Rat
    • Boat Dog
    • Letter of Marque
    • Sea Turtle
    • Pirate Captain Hat
    • Bottle of Grog
    • Pirate Telescope
    • Treasure Chest
    • Mistletoe
    • Lump of Coal
    • Rudolph
    • Frankincense
    • Jade Gemstone
    • Ancient Chest

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  13. well if ancient chest is unlocked at lvl 175,i think ferret and dagger are unlocked after that.so pretty sure those 2 are out

14. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Corrected it.

15. Dead Mans Bones

Dead Mans Bones New Member

I hate the lazy ones, beggars, and those who have NO Grasp of English. Can't spell Immortal very well can you "Jack"??

16. Pytera

Pytera New Member

I'm also working on trying to solve this very frustrating recipe -- does anyone know where the photo of the silverspike is? I have gone all through these threads and can not find it at all...just wanted to look at it again. TIA and thanks for all the hard work you guys have put into this!!

17. go to customize loadouts and click show all.it'll show you the photo AND stats of it.

but the photo can be deceiving.take the trident from viking for example.

war elephants used for a trident lol.dont let the name or photo fool you

18. Pytera

Pytera New Member

Thanks so much for your help and the tip. Now to go start some crafting ;)

19. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Thank you for you tirade (means "rant") on an old subject not really related to this thread. Indeed, lazy beggars are a nuisance. But insulting those with poor English? I've found that those for whom English is not a first language often have better, more understandable grammar than many for whom English is a first AND ONLY language. Jack is probably this second type.
    Maybe the name with the correct spelling of "immortal" was already taken? I know I ripped into the guy, but I was more angry at his lazy, greedy, insistent begging than I was at his grammatical skills typical to the interwebs. He wasn't rude (other than begging), just lazy.

Back on topic.
    Just follow what we've collected and post what you get. Please and many thanks! :D
    I'm so frazzled but I'll try to finish the list of Blacksmith + RPC + gift trials that I posted earlier.

Hint, Kano, please?

20. well since its a weapon lets rule out juggernaut if we didnt already.