[ZS] June 30th Update - New Characters

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

6 new characters have been released to Zombie Slayer today. These characters have a minimum level requirement of level 100 and cost 100 UN Credits each.

The new characters are as follows:

Butcher / Carver - faster Energy & Stamina regen
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Woodsman / Gardener - faster Energy & Property Income regen
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

There is an image limit on the post. Continued below...

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

New Characters continued.

Machinist / Mechanic - faster Stamina & Property Income regen
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

You can select a new character the following 2 ways:
    • The UN-> New Characters
    • Profile -> Select Character
    This will spawn the new Character Selector. Click each character icon to see a full sized image along with their stats and the requirements (if any) that you need to purchase them.
    [​IMG]

Feedback on these new characters is appreciated!

3. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Sweet! I know my new character class. As I love income and Energy, I'll become a Gardener. Nice addition.

New Char is here:
    Eisenkreuzkrieger
    Level 858 Gardener

A sweet addition to the game, and not too powerful to tilt the balance of the game too much in favor of CC players.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  4. malific

malific Member

Regarding the amounts.

The addition itself is good, I´ve seen it already in the other Kano games and I agree with a little UN empowering to tweak your character. I have some saved in my slayer and I´m probably gonna spend them in this addition.
    However, I find the tweaks a bit strange... Let me explain:

Income: The income bonus takes your 60 minute period, down to 48 (20% less), and it means an increase on actual income by 25%. It´s great for non-hunters and hunters as well, since income gets decent enough later on.

Energy: The 240 second regen goes down to 190 seconds (Also about 20% less), meaning you gain 25% more energy per hour, day or however you want it measured. It´s useful for low energy players who check back often, and also helps the high energy players to get a bit closer to leveling after logging back.

Stamina: 180 second usual regen, goes down to 170 (5.5% less). I find this quite disappointing to be honest. An increase by 6% per hour/day/whatever is definitely not worth using up 100 UNs to change up a class... I know XP throughput from stamina is good, but the bonus increase is too low compared with Energy and I feel it could be better. Maybe not as high, but 160 seconds (2:40 for 1 point) would be a bit better IMO...

Things as they are now, most people who want this change are going for the Energy+Cash one, since Stamina bonus is too nerfed.

Just my two cents on the matter.

5. TonyDu

TonyDu Member

This is a sweet upgrade. I already done it with my viking months ago.

Edit: I agree with Hashshashin with the stamina. 2:30 regen time should be perfect on both butcher and carver.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  6. Jessica

Jessica Member

I know what I'll be saving my UN for next. :p I also think it would be better if stamina was at 2:35 or 2:40.

7. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

Thanks Kano, wish this thing has been applied long time ago :p

Gardener is the go! w00t! w00t!:rolleyes:

8. Yeah.. thanks for another update that wasn't really needed so you can delay releasing a new country/bosses

9. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

I too agree that the stamina regen on the Butcher/Carver is not enough. I mean even 2:40 would be better.

I think 2:30 would be perfect.

[TERR] Hashshashin Level 1153 Butcher...

I didn't do it for the stamina primarily, although it's a nice "little" upgrade, I did it for the energy....as I can get all the money I need from the hitlist. :) lol

10. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

The regeneration rate for stamina itself is already low, if they reduce more, all people will definitely choose butcher/carver :p

11. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

I really need this, I don't know why you did not :/

12. The PaleHorse

The PaleHorse New Member

i agree with the rest would be nice if the stam upgrade was better then just -10sec.
    [TFHM] TFHM The PaleHorse X

Level 760 Butcher

13. The Lion OG

The Lion OG Member

I also want to throw my 2 cents out there. I think that the stam regen should have been tweaked a little more. Although I still love the update I just want it to be equal across the board. Remember is still cost us 2 points to increase stam. Let those of us who built fighters not jobbers get the same bonus as they did. Overall though I'm contempt with having even a shred of help with my regen timers.

14. Ahad

Ahad Member

I agree completely. Why does stamina get such a poor boost from the regen increase?

I understand that stam has a better xp payout than energy per point of each, but there are energy boosts to refill energy each and every day.
    There are no stamina boosts, for whatever reason, the stamina character should at least have an equal improvement to regeneration as the energy character if we are going to continue to be deprived of those stamina boosts that the mobsters get :mad:

I was saving up for that machinist to get my kills quicker, but now after reading all this i'm not so sure.
    There is no way i am going to improve my energy, i'm too lazy irl to even consider anything to do with energy.

Malefic seems to have his head around all the numbers involved with this (walking, talking, clicking textbook! ) so my guess would be that he knows how to balance this out for stamina lovers to get their fairly divided slice of cake :cool:

cake-big.jpg

15. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Because Kano seemingly always keeps a tighter lid on Stamina regen ratios than on Energy regen ratios.
    For Example from Viking Clan:
    A Level 4001 Pathfinder (faster Energy and Stam) gets energy faster than stamina with all achievements.
    A Level 4001 Explorer (faster Energy) gets energy faster than stam with all achievements considered. Same is true for the Skald (faster Energy and Income)

It makes sense. Most people on ZS (and the other games even more) use Stamina to level. If they want to level quick, they need refills, as waiting for a full refill takes time. Multiple refills cost money sooner or later. Kano needs the money to keep the games running. They can offer a bit faster stamina, but they have to keep in mind that too fast stam would make people consider slowing down and waiting for th refills that will come.

16. This was the same complaint about the new character upgrades on VC. The stamina increase was for all intents and purposes negligible. It should be at least a -50 second reduction in wait time since ZS makes you wait 3 minutes for 1 unit stam.

17. Ahad

Ahad Member

Awww how come nobody said we couldn't have our cake and eat it?

That was the whole point of the slice of cake analogy..
    I even went to the hassle of finding a rather delicious looking cake to make my point.

However, i do actually have a point. I'm not all about flapping my metaphorical cake hole :cool:

If the stamina regeneration rate has to stay 'as is' to entice people to buy UN stam refills to keep the games running, at least give us the stam boost that the mobsters have...

I'm not taking the piss but i do love cake!

18. The PaleHorse

The PaleHorse New Member

im not saying they should have taken 50 sec off it. im just saying more then 10 would be nice. mabee 20 or 30 sec off.

19. cbhitman

cbhitman Member

I got mine, and i like it!!!

20. cbhitman

cbhitman Member

And by the way they do have stamina boosts,,,, duh,,,, under daily rewards... Wow kano, do u have people posting that dont play or what???