[ZS] Developer Update June 14th - Outbreak Assistance

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

As some of you have already noticed there has been a change to Outbreak Assistance. The changes are as follows:

Max # of Outbreaks you can assist has increased from 10 to 25
    Max # of players that can assist your Outbreak has increased from 10 to 20
    XP awarded to the player assisting is now based on the helping player's current level rather than the XP payout of the Outbreak that is being assisted.

If you have any questions or comments please let us know!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  2. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

I only have one question...I figured I'd direct it here rather than the thread I made earlier.

Alter Ego T just helped you with the Fort Glamorgan, East London outbreak. You earned $3,929,187 and 164 XP.

Does that actually register in my XP "gauge" as 164 XP for me and 781 XP for her as she just showed me or am I also getting the high XP but it's just not showing up on my end?

I didn't have a chance to look at my XP before and after as I didn't know she was going to help on my outbreak lol....

3. Has Christmas come early, updated our game and then reverted back to June in some sort of bizarre*, yet pleasing time vortex-type thing?

This was much needed as previously challenge helps were far, far, far superior to job helps. But now they are much more similar in usefulness.

I do have a question that is vaguely related to this update:

The new profile layout and added information included was, imo, the biggest present in this irregular, geometric year.
    But the jobs helped counter, previously being limited to 10 helps per person, how can this possibly be so much greater than the challenges helped as challenge help was never fully cut off, only reduced to a single experience point per click?​
    Was the jobs helped tracked somehow before this counting mechanism was introduced, with the challenges being counted from a much shorter period of time?
    Or was it because challenge help was introduced much later in the game, while job help has almost always been available?

I think i may have cracked it, i didn't think of that until i just typed this so i may have answered my own question..
    Well, i've typed it now and i'm not really one to waste effort. :rolleyes:

* Bizarre as it may sound, even after getting somewhat addicted to Zombie Slayer (and the other 3Kano apps), I still love my xbox. One game that i just cannot play enough of would have to be Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved (and of course the sequel with better HD graphics, Geometry Wars Evolved² ). This would explain why this irregular year (and the year or so prior) takes a geometrical shape :p

4. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

It does register on both ends, it would be silly if it did not ;) After you receive the assistance you should see a notification pop up in the upper left corner which shows how much cash and XP you got. By the time you see this message those values have already been applied to your character.

5. malific

malific Member

I´ve noticed some changes regarding profile page & job help bonuses. I do have one question though, I might test it out by myself later but it´s always good to hear the devs.
    Will the actual XP payout/location of the outbreak even have an influence in helping bonuses? I want to believe yes, it actually gives people a reason to squad up with higher levels so they get better XP payouts (at least it was a good idea before but XP became too poor over time). I also want to know if the same payout amount is given to both the helper & helped, if I get to help a lower level and get like 500 XP off it, I would believe the lower level is not going to get that much, if he actually does then leveling up is screwed.

As for the new profile layout, I like it a lot more than the previous one, it´s way more organised. I also like the fact our biggest bounty is shown in our profiles, then you can see who´s bragging & who´s lying. :)

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Correct. The counts for Challenges Helped and Bosses Helped have only been tracked for about the last week or so, whereas Outbreaks assisted has been tracked since the game was launched.

Thanks for the kind words, glad you like this and the Stats layout changes.

Cheers

7. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

The change that was released today only affects the 'helper' not the player requesting the help. So lets say Player_A is requesting help with the first outbreak in USA (Rodeo Drive) and Player_B is level 500 and provides assistance. Player_A will get 1xp and some cash for being helped (no changes on Player_A's end) whereas Player_B will get an XP reward based on Player_B's xp range for their level.

Test it out and the changes should be apparent.

8. Jessica

Jessica Member

Love the new job exp change it was much needed. The only thing that would be an improvement is if the job help disappeared after the max amount of people helped.

9. No no, thank you guys at Kano for the kind update that makes our profile pages much more interesting and also informative!

Now i just need to catch something bigger than this flipping pog in my sig.
    Speaking of which-

[​IMG]

"Because it wasn't that long ago that you were huddled under the slide with your fellow cronies flipping chunks of plastic in the direction of miniature cardboard wafers in hopes of achieving dominance over the local grade school Pogs circuit."

Have i not been calling the pog-a-longs "cronies", all along?

The quote came from the body of text accompanying the picture found in google for "flipping pog", LOL

10. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

I only ask because it shows me I'm getting 170 XP where as the person clicking my outbreak help is getting over 900 XP.....

So which one is registering on my end? 170? or 900+XP? Cause it shows me 170.....

11. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

You get the 170 XP, your helper gets 900 XP as you said.

12. Hashshashin

Hashshashin Member

So we really don't get anything when other people help us then lol.....

Would have been nice if both parties got the high XP--seems rather odd to me that one person would get upwards of 1,000XP and the other would get 150-170XP..

13. MOJO1916

MOJO1916 Member

for sure:p

14. SHO KOSUGI

SHO KOSUGI Member

I'm starting to feel that 25 outbreaks help per day is nothing! Would be good if you increase a little bit! probably 40-50 ;)