[ZS] Cupid Carnage Valentine’s Calendar – February 13 and 14

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Yes, you'll receive a kano item and cash reward as well as the Xp reward each time you complete the calendar.

2. George Callow

George Callow New Member

but that does not give people the full 48 hours that is stated in the terms of the calendar

3. RIBBET

RIBBET New Member

What terms are you talking about? my terms stated the end of the day on the 14th, if your states otherwise please copy and paste it

This is what my terms state

"The Cupid's Carnage runs from February 13 @ 10:00am PST through the end of February 14. You may complete the challenge 3 times."

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  4. I don't know what to tell you, I'm not Kano.

5. Maybe a Kano representative made a mistake on the forums. I know at one point they said we'd have a full 48 hours, but the "How to play" on the calendar says:

Welcome to the Cupid's Carnage! Open Doors to win XP and Cash. Open all of the doors to earn the Clear Bonus. To begin click any of the doors to open it and reveal a portion of the image beneath it. A new key will be awarded every 20m and you can only hold 1 free key at a time. You can also ask for the help of your friends to earn extra Keys.

The Cupid's Carnage runs from February 13 @ 10:00am PST through the end of February 14. You may complete the challenge 3 times.

6. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

"Valentine's is a time for loving and giving, so be sure to ask your friends for help and help them out too!"....Yah....that would be great if we could actually request help from our friends

7. George Callow

George Callow New Member

but you only have 48 hours, February 13 and 14, to do it! 10 AM PST on the 13th til Midnight on the 14th is NOT 48 hours ... now which is it? Midnight or the full 48 hours, because I am sure that there are players that would like to complete it the 3 times without having to use their favor points or by purchasing favor points.

8. George Callow

George Callow New Member

and I am not going to spend my favor points to complete it, nor am I going to buy points to complete it ... Kano says 48 hours, they need to abide by that

9. Again, I'm sure they made a mistake. The calendar's How to Play rules doesn't say 48 hours.

Be glad that you completed it once without spending FPs. I think the ability to complete it three times and get the rewards three times is a bit excessive by itself.

@Polishpimp:

To work around the bug, click "Ask for help" at the bottom right of the page. When the Facebook window opens, right click the link and click "Copy link location", then paste the link to your wall, group, and/or guild feeds and your friends will be able to click it and help you.

10. George Callow

George Callow New Member

A special edition, two-day only Cupid's Carnage Calendar has just been released. Keys regenerate every twenty minutes, so check back often to make sure you complete the Calendar and win the powerful prize! You can complete this Calendar up to three times, but you only have 48 hours, February 13 and 14, to do it! Valentine's is a time for loving and giving, so be sure to ask your friends for help and help them out too!

That is taken directly from the beginning of this thread, and that is what I saw when I started the challenge.

11. You act as if Kano is incapable of making a mistake, George.

Deltan probably made a mistake assuming that because the Calendar will be open on the 13th and 14th that it would automatically be 48 hours.

The How to Play IN GAME does not say 48 hours as far as I know.

12. RIBBET

RIBBET New Member

"The Cupid's Carnage runs from February 13 @ 10:00am PST through the end of February 14. You may complete the challenge 3 times."

Thats taken directly from the actual game (the one that counts), which if you started the calender you also had to see

13. George Callow

George Callow New Member

no, just trying to get clarification so that I can inform the people I play with as to what time it actually ends as there is a major amount of confusion and I am not going to get into an argument with anyone over this ... just looking for an answer from a KANO administrator

14. smack
    Administrator

I understand, George.

Here's the clarification from an administrator though, found on page 3 of this thread.

15. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I appreciate the heads up....i play myspace though...I will see if something similar helps...Thanks again

16. George Callow

George Callow New Member

yes, you can complete it the allowed 3 times if the ONLY thing you do is play the game and 8 hours of sleep per day ... if you think about it, 25 keys 20 minutes apart is 8 hours start to finish with no help from friends ... you are allowed 3 free keys with help from friends, knocking it down to 7 hours start to finish ... 7 hours times 3 completions is 21 hours ... you have 38 (THIRTY EIGHT) hours to complete it 3 times, minus the 21 hours that it will take to finish ... that leaves a total of 17 hours to LIVE A REAL LIFE

17. It's a game, George.

Those who can't be here 24/7 are still given the opportunity to complete the calendar once or twice before the end of the calendar. They still have a chance at rewards.

Again, I feel they should have made the keys regenerate at around every hour and make the calendar a one time completion only.

What's done is done though.

18. It's torture, pure torture. Thank you, Kano for doing this, but I hope you never do it again in this exact way. The concept needs a few tweaks.

P.S. I asked for and got clarification in this thread yesterday. Deltan has been known to make a mistake here and there.

19. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

What are your concerns with the concept?

I understand it has been a bumpy launch of this calendar, in particular with the feed posts, but what specifically about the concept is concerning for you? Please let us know so we can make the next iteration of this a better experience for everyone.

20. Deltan

Deltan Member

One man's mistake is another man's typo! :) We're refining process internally to make sure content that is given to me is accurate before it goes out the door. Don't shoot the messenger. We'll get it soon!