You already have your friends punching someone...

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Survival Streak 0, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Since when was this a thing?
    If I look at the punch help feed I can see people with 3 punch requests within minutes of each other. -_-

2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I don't believe there have been any recent changes around mass punch functionality so I believe this has been "a thing" for some time now. Actually I just looked it up, it been that way for at least 3 years :D

As for the multiple request you are seeing, are they all on the same target? Cause this should not be allowed.

mi7ch likes this.
  3. Survival Streak 0

no they're on separate targets...it's still not right though...why does it only apply to some people?

4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I've seen opposite side of this before in VC and wondered how people were able to request slap's on every guild member. I never use the feature but have seen over 7 before on our guild looking through feed minutes apart for slap help requested. The option rarely ever pop's up my side, but never use it anyways. o_O

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Wait a second, are you saying if someone asks for punch/whip/slap request on me, no one else has the ability to do so on me? If so, no wonder why getting screwed on this option, I wanna get those extra target's.

6. Survival Streak 0

[​IMG]
    That was one short 4 hours between being able to do punch request huh...so what's going on?
    Don't think I've ever seen that message about having to wait 4 hours before and I've been playing for years.

7. Survival Streak 0

Nah he meant were the multiple punch requests from one person all for the same target...but you can't do that you have to wait 12 hours before issuing another request on the same person.

Kirsten and JADES like this.
  8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I did a little more digging and I believe the error message in the OP is a little misleading. You are seeing that when someone else has asked for punch help against this player within the last 4 hours.

As you have demonstrated it is no problem for yourself to ask for punch help on different targets within a short time period. We'll get that cleaned up before the weekend. Thanks for the heads up and details.

mi7ch likes this.
  9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

HMMMMM Interesting, I have a question ,I do post whip ,slap and punch posts, I also answer them going thru the feeds, yet sometimes I cannot post one,so are you saying that might be because someone or others already have a post up for this person, or are we limited to how many we can post, or both ?

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I take it that you mean after the punch you are not even seeing a button to send an Invite to punch/etc like this.
    [​IMG]

There is a whole laundry list of reasons why you might not see this but the more common ones would be:
    • Player is Dead or recovering from death
    • You have Invited friends to punch this player within the last 12 hours
    • Someone else has Invited friends to punch this player within the last 4 hours

mi7ch and Kirsten like this.
  11. Kirsten

OK Thanks ,Smack :)

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

A change will be going out soon to fix the messaging. For the remainder of the day the message will read something like this (language localization per game of course).
    This Viking is already under a barrage of Axe Slaps. They can only be targeted once every 4 hours.
    Starting tomorrow it will give you a better indication of when this player will be eligible for you to invite your friends to punch/etc.
    This Viking is already under a barrage of Axe Slaps. You will be able to invite your friends and Chieftains again in 3 hours.​

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    AlterEgoT and mi7ch like this.
  13. Kirsten

Nice , thanks for the update :)

14. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

ROFL. I've noticed it seems rather random as to when you can ask and when you can't. Knew I couldn't request very often on the same slayer.

Nice to see the why.

But I've never gotten a msg. it just doesn't give me the option.

Kirsten likes this.