World Chat

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Steve Hughes, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Ya know Steve, if you think you are a special case for being bountied, just remember, anyone responding in this forum thread, or in WC or listing you has been listed many many many times in our years playing, by stronger, high level, equal and weaker players, over and over and over and over, for a reason, for no reason or just cause, If you cannot accept that and continue to insult people , you might as well close the game down and go play farmville, You just do not get it , these are fighting games there are no bullies there are people who play the game to its fullest. You may not be cut out for these types of games, there are plenty of fun games online where you might only fight a computer, but these are PVP , Player versus player, and you better be prepared as anyone else who plays to be listed and targeted, it is just that simple.

Old Salt, Rodas and Taisto like this.
  2. Kirsten

Definitely fun , happens to everyone and anyone, you are no exception.

3. Kirsten

we do not care what anyone wants, it just is, and depending who is online at the time, ya gonna hear from them .

4. Taisto

Taisto New Member

I like when someone bounty me. press heal and fly again, much new toys :)

Kirsten likes this.
  5. Steve Hughes

Steve Hughes Member

Kirsten - read back and you'll see it is you that doesn't get it. I don't think I'm a special case. As you'll see, I hadn't realised that by posting on World Chat i was fair game. That's all. The very fact you use 'we' rather than I proves that you (plural) have your rules (albeit unwritten).
    This conversation has moved on and is really interesting but for me it just shows how you players who have been here a long time have developed a group that is close knit and unable (or unwilling) to see how it could be for newbies and the consequences of how you (plural) behave in relation to them. Personally, I'm big enough to take any consequences dished out but i wonder if any of you posting are individual enough to actually understand the point I am making.
    And it is a serious one (really). I bear none of you any malice and I'm sure if we met at a party we'd get on. It;s fascinating how a simple question in World Chat created all of this but please, just take a look at yourselves and ask whether you really want to drive away 'innocents' (as I was when I entered World Chat).
    Will I get a serious response or what some of you pass off as a witty comment back...?

George Burd likes this.
  6. Kirsten

Well now you are not an innocent, like I said I don't even know what you said in WC and it does not matter, but you learned a valuable lesson and no there is no mob mentality , and no one tells anyone who to hit or list or target, but one thing is for sure, if you or anyone else starts with any personal insults, most will rally to the occasion and take that person to task. We have all given you sound advice, if you get past the snarky, sarcastic, remarks , hidden in them are honest and good advice.

Old Salt and Steve Hughes like this.
  7. Steve Hughes

Steve Hughes Member

Thanks Kirsten.

8. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Steve... heres the description on the Kano page for Viking Clan....have a read...
    Viking Clan
    Odin chooses you. In Viking Clan, a Norse RPG of epic proportions, you’ll become a warrior, a hero and a god. Wield a powerful arsenal and assemble vast armies as you embark on perilous adventures and challenge legendary bosses. Band together with other Chieftains to form Clans and engage in war with other Players for wealth and glory.

Build an empire that will ring through time." Prove yourself worthy of Asgard in Viking Clan, dethrone the Gods themselves!"

It is a full battle game...if we didnt make enemies who would we battle ?...We all have had our hides tanned on our way up...you prove yourself and earn respect...hell i have enemies i respect....but we are still enemies in the game and battle...if its your death count your worried about then this game is NOT for you.....I stand behind Jade/KMA...hes just giving what he got on his way up in VC...suck it up...Rodney took his beatings on his way up and learned what the WC can and can not do for him....most of higher levels only treat those lower the way we were treated when we were wee vikings...its part of the game...got a question...ask it here in the forum...have a complaint post it here in the forum...if you cant handle the WC stay out and post here in the forum....uughhh when will they ever learn....LOL

Rodas, Kirsten and Taisto like this.
  9. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

As I said Steve you can be bountied for any reason at any time. No letter of explanation comes with it. You can get defensive about it and call people "sheeple" and claim there are cliques or whatever and everyone is out to get you. I don't know most of the people commenting in this thread so I'm not part of anything. But people will post when they see someone complaining that they got bountied for no reason so that's most likely what your seeing here. And I get a bunch of new clan requests constantly from people just starting out so I don't know where the "VC is dying" rumors are coming from.
    Actually KANO games are very structured where you can't be attacked by people out of your experience range unless you attack them first. You can always attack "up" meaning higher levels but they can't attack you unless you initiate it. All they can do is bounty or slap you. I've been in games where there are no barriers. You're fed to the wolves pretty much right off and people thousands of levels above you could attack you at any time whether you hit them first or not.
    Like I said, if you're stressing about being bountied for no reason then you're just going to have a hard time in this game. Complaining about it definitely will not help and just get you bountied by other people that have nothing to do with the situation. They are just pissed that someone is whining because they have gone through it also. I got bountied the other day 8 times in a row for no reason. I just kept putting my health up and playing. You're not really dying you know. ;) If you can't respond to that person because they are too far above you take it out on someone else. :D

LaScepter, Taisto and Kirsten like this.
  10. Steve Hughes

Steve Hughes Member

* Sigh * In danger of repeating myself. I have no problem with being bountied. And this was never intended as a whiny post. Sorry some of you perceive it that way.
    I naively assumed I could post safely on World Chat. I now know that is not the case. If you speak up you (can) become a target.
    I guess I hoped that one could have a conversation on World Chat without being picked on. Maybe my sense of 'fair play' is simply out dated!?

George Burd likes this.
  11. Old Salt

You're missing the point. It's not about not being allowed to post in world chat, it's simply that you can be bountied for anything. He just bountied you for the hell of it because you posted in world chat. He could have (or anyone) easily have bountied you for something else. Anything. Your name went by in the feed. It doesn't matter. So it's not about not being allowed to post in chat. Post in chat all you want. It just so happened this time you got bountied for it. Like a lot of other people do. It's like the one millionth person to walk across the bridge gets to meet the mayor. The person just walked across the bridge at the right time. Well you posted in chat at the wrong time. He felt like bountying someone. You were it. That's all there is too it. It's up to you whether you make it something it wasn't.

12. Steve Hughes

Steve Hughes Member

No. I get your point. I KNOW it's nothing personal.
    I will reiterate that such action though does put people off playing and is this really what you (plural) or Kano want.
    Personally, I would rather have a game where there is a point to bountying rather than sheer randomness or being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

13. Old Salt

Good luck finding a game like that. It doesn't exist. And if it did there would be only a handful of people playing it. You either have fighting games like this one or you have non-fighting games like Farmville. People don't play for the in-between.

14. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i see what steve is saying, and this used to happen to me (although it doesn't anymore because i keep getting chatbanned for no reason, but that's a different subject). while i don't do this myself, i do know players that do. just as someone can give you a hard time just because they can, you can do it to someone else if you wish (i have a lower repeatedly bountying me every day, and it's just building up my bounty cost, so i could care less).

George Burd, Kirsten and Steve Hughes like this.
  15. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

yep, it happens to me, too. when someone puts me up (for any reason, not just posting in chat) and i can't bounty them back, i just go after one of their lower level friends. there's always someone you can find to take it out on if you want to.

Rodas and Kirsten like this.
  16. Old Salt

Yep. That's right. We all know what rolls down the hill. It's just a game. Take it out on someone else and move on.

17. Rodas

Rodas New Member

Yep.... we all do the same :D and tell me that it isnt funny that way

18. LaScepter

LOL...Welcome to Viking Clan ...!!!

Rodney Rangel, Rodas and Kirsten like this.
  19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

It's funny how friendships work in games huh? Taisto is a friend and just so happens to be in TBP. I didn't tell him to do anything, nor will I ever "tell" anyone what to do. We are a tight group and always have been, so go suck on a egg cry baby.

20. LaScepter

Steve...I think you embarrassed yourself with that statement...LOL...no Leader in VC that i know of..(including myself) would ever tell our members how to play their games or what to do....The more you comment the more im convinced VC is NOT the game for you dude....:p

Hildr Jorg, Kirsten and JADES like this.