World chat

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by JADES, Oct 31, 2014.

1. T Ann

T Ann New Member

I do not ascribe to this philosophy or personally practice such, when playing my game. I must respect other ways of playing, but do not have to follow those "rules". Hypothetically a viking could be entirely shut out from chatting, if the opponents all chose to keep that viking dead. It happens............

Steve Hughes and Kirsten like this.
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Bottom line ,mouthing off in WC's in all games, healed or not makes one a target, it has always been that way in fighting games, even before Kano games, and if the one yapping,damn someone can yap here in the forum and become a target (and it does not matter what the yapping is about,sometimes it just reminds someone they forgot about) is not healed ,yes his guild,armada,faction,friends may pay the price guilty by association lol make things interesting for awhile,same if someone asks someone privately to lay off someone, that can also make things interesting. The game rewards players who "play"(fight, list,punch,whip,slap etc) that is what these games are about.

3. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Agreed. If you run your mouth in chat you should be healed. We had someone in PC who would constantly find a trap then run their's so to speak. Have the courage to back up what you say.

Kirsten likes this.
  4. T Ann

T Ann New Member

As I see the responses, I wonder, is there no place for light chat? Are settler groups and people who enjoy the game without such heavy purpose, to be excluded? Interesting.

Steve Hughes likes this.
  5. Kirsten

well as it stands now,T Ann nothing has changed and prob nothing will, so for you there is not an issue :)

6. Old Salt

You can say whatever you want in chat.

Kirsten likes this.
  7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

So which is it? If happens to you it's ok, but not on others?

8. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

Its cute to be free, I anyway didnt talked to much there , had alot of unesed speakers available, so no diffrence for me , maybe for others

9. Rodney Rangel

Rodney Rangel Active Member

i'm the mouth of wc :p

10. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

i enjoy trash talking my rivals as much as the next, but then there are those that always turns it into a 3rd grade name calling contest, attacking people looks, character, etc... but i understand some people are so insecure they have to attack others to feel better about themselves ;)

Demonik1 likes this.
  11. Kirsten

Have totally seen that time and time again, especially in FB VC ,yikes

RainSunGone likes this.
  12. hellsbaby

hellsbaby New Member

13. Rodney Rangel

if they dont like my trash talk on wc,,bring it LOL :p but i agree with ya

14. Steve Hughes

Steve Hughes Member

I've read this thread. I understand why KMA wants people who use World Chat to be healed but don't agree with it. As T Ann says, it makes them too easy a target. I do think World Chat should be a place where people can chat and not be targets simply by posting, but that is a personal opinion.
    If KMA's suggestion is to be implemented then there would need to be another 'safe' place where less 'enthusiastic' Vikings are able to chat freely. I don't really see that happening so in essence I am opposed to World Chat needing you to be healed to use it.

George Burd likes this.
  15. Kirsten

May I ask how long you have been playing kano games ,I am curious, and I have my reasons for asking.

16. Old Salt

How do you make World Chat a place where people can chat but not be attacked? Steve, it sounds like you want to carve out an "attack free zone" in a battle game, to which I suggest again maybe this game really isn't for you.
    I do agree with KMA's suggestion that if you want to talk the talk then you have to walk the walk, meaning your Viking (or Pirate) should be at full health while your running your mouth ridiculing or challenging others. Far too many in these games make sure their characters are dead before they come alive in chat.

JADES and Kirsten like this.
  17. Rodney Rangel

stop cryin lol :p

18. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i disagree with the whole you have to be healed to chat, thats just ridiculous....im not the person that traps out then runs at the mouth but i can see why certain people DO do it and theres nothing wrong with it...this game is already Hitler enough without them telling any of us when we can or cant talk...cmon people, get real. you dont like what someone is saying in the chat then mute and /or ignore it...its just bullshit to get a rise out of you anyways and as soon as you show theyre getting to you then they win...its just mindless dribble 99.9999999% of the time anyways...move on and deal with it

RainSunGone and foxysiren like this.
  19. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

I agree with Demonik...Was thinking of anything else to add, you said it all lol

20. John Luna

John Luna Member

I totally agree, if you are going to taunt you should be alive.