world boss solution....SWEEEET!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by polishpimp, Apr 7, 2011.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Kudos to Kano! There have been a lot of really good suggestions on what to do with the world boss but most were pretty flawed in one way or another. By making the damage inflicted by each player increase with each new hit is ingenious! It puts the burden on the players as it should be and as the difficulty of the boss increases with levels....it gives us a fair shake at killing them as long as the players get involved. It seems to me this solution allows for a slight tweaking of the numbers by you that would go virtually unnoticed should ever the need arise. TY KANO for a great solution!

So is it a sliding scale? so if we r ahead of schedule the damage amount dealt will decrease?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  2. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

Is this for all the VC games or just one platform? PC as well?

Either way, I think you summed it up pretty well.
    Cool!

3. It's a solution to one half of the problem and the more recent half at that. The real and persistent problem that needs addressed is the time between hits, not the damage done. We might be going back to the boss dying in 3 days again. 4hrs between hits is ridiculously imposing on players trying to get 25 hits in before it dies. Those of us that work or have school aren't able to get more than 2-3hits in per day without the game becoming an inconvenience in people's real lives...at that point it's better to just ignore the world bosses altogether or quit playing, which is negative overall for the game...myspace is already suffering from players leaving due to myspace itself undergoing its idiotic changes. Either reduce the time between hits down to like 2hrs or increase the time between hits to 12hrs to enable players to get their hits in with normal play and/or add a slider to allow players to get in 4 hits at once.

4. kennycjr

kennycjr Member

or maybe they could let us recharge some sort of hit tokens? we can only hit it the number of times we have tokens for, and they'd refill at the rate of 1 every 4 hours, with a max of 4 or so. I'd think it'd get alot more ppl involved if we could ask for clan help to earn more hits too.

5. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

This has been suggested and seems to be a favorite (along with random drops).

6. kennycjr

kennycjr Member

ooh random world boss drops too? idk, they do give alot of rewards as it is.

anyone know what happened to the timers when the last one died? now they're both stuck at 14d? ???

7. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

They always do that. The timers say how long it will be until the boss attacks. I have 3 theories: either the times until the boss attacks it greater than 14 hours and there's a problem with the code, there's a DIFFERENT problem with the code and the devs won't start the timer running until it gets closer to attacking (I think less than 7 days was the last time it started counting), or the devs haven't yet decided exactly WHEN the boss will attack again.

Really? I didn't think so. GREAT rewards, but since they happen so infrequently (AND one is CONSUMED in the Blacksmith)...

8. speaking of world boss

myspaces viking boss really needs its health lowered otherwise another defeat.....

9. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Right, Atheistic. It would be the 4th defeat I think.

I think it would help if Power Attacks unlocked faster on myspace.

And yes, I also vote for drops upon attacking. Maybe every 3 attacks, you get a boss Warrior or a Boss Weapon dropped. The stats for these are up for debate, though.