World Boss Feed Gone Forever??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Allen Sumaran, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Allen Sumaran

Allen Sumaran Member

Awhile back, there was a post that the World Boss Feed was coming back with certain revisions/improvements. Now I'm hearing that it may be forever a thing of the past. Is that an accurate statement? Or is there still a possibility that it could return? Just wondering. :D

Allen Sumaran Level 2580 Warrior Viking

2. Hi Allen there is thread that Kano will give players a chat room :cool:

3. I made a chat room to try and bypass this issue as I have a feeling that the same people that got the world boss feed shut down will get the new feed/chat feature shut down due to over-moderation. I haven't been actively promoting it but if you want the link just let me know, friends and foes alike...even cats are welcome and will not be censored out. I'm trying to find another platform to base chat out of for the regular VC community but again I've been slacking here thanks to Eddie.

4. Allen Sumaran

Allen Sumaran Member

Thanks Para. I thought I had seen something about that in forum, but it had been awhile and I couldn't locate it. : )

5. Allen Sumaran

Allen Sumaran Member

Thanks Thrand. I already knew about the chatzy room, but it seems like hardly anyone has been going there of late. So you're thinking about creating another room? Very good!

6. I haven't been posting it so only the handful that bookmarked it know where it is. Yeah need to find somewhere free with more features.

7. Allen Sumaran

Allen Sumaran Member

Maybe if we all promise to be on our good behavior, Kano will decide to go ahead and bring it back. : )

8. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

We are working on something as was mentioned in a previous thread but not sure of the release date.

9. Eddie

Eddie Member

Dont worry folks, I am working the best I can on this update. I will make sure certain people are permanently banned from the new chat.

Stay tuned for my updates!

LOOOOOOOOOOL

10. Tylerbmiller

Tylerbmiller New Member

What type of chat this going to be? IRC or some like that?

11. Eddie

Eddie Member

We like to keep the details to the minimum before releasing updates, that way suspense builds up and it is a surprise.

Eddie the unofficial Kano hacker/owner/developer/staff. :D

12. Tylerbmiller

Tylerbmiller New Member

Or big let down lol. I be look for to it

13. Jme

Jme Member

I had asked Vampryss about this when the myspace world boss feed went down, and was told that it was removed because of all the slanderous and derogatory(sp?) comments being put up. Of course, the FB one is still there, because all anyone says there is ADD ME, it's no wonder.

Leave it to a bunch of immature arses to ruin it for everyone else who can keep a civil tongue in their heads, and don't feel the need to be internet tough guys.

14. Myspace ZS is unfortunate enough to have 4 or 5 real troublemakers who seem to be so bored in their lives that they must resort to internet drama in order to pass the time. This wouldn't be enough to cause these problems except that two of them are known for (through whatever means) buying points for those who "support" (aka brown nose) them. Which causes others to follow in their foot-steps thus exaggerating the real problem.

It's sad but I've actually seen people on the feed wishing for the DEATH of another human being, just because that person HAPPENS to beat them in an online GAME.
    Truly it speaks to just how low our lowest common denominator goes.

I can understand emotions running high in a game, but at the same time, is it truly so difficult to keep perspective?

15. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

Not sure what it is going to look like yet but the changes should make it so that it doesn't get out of control like it did previously.

16. Jme

Jme Member

Problem with trying to weed out the troublemakers is that you'll either have to have a moderator checking in on the chat so often, that it will become a full time job, or having a program to weed out keywords or phrases that is so strict, that it may make chatting nigh on impossible for those of us not making trouble. I do not envy you people with the decisions you're facing to make this idea workable for us users.

17. SkylerF

SkylerF Member

I've seen that happen, the program filter, before. The players took it in stride, dubbing the filter-bot "Fred" and worshipping him with the fervor others bestow on the RNG (random number generator). HOWEVER, since the users were more mature (maybe not "older" but not as idiotic) there, it wasn't a problem.

Really? MySpace feed had death threats? Wow. And I thought the incessant "Ad mee 4 klann plzplzplz" was bad...

18. Jme

Jme Member

I've actually received some death threats like that before when I used to play Travian. People like to hold double standards. It's ok for them to do whatever they want, like incessantly attacking one person, but the moment they're on the receiving end, they instantly start with the bullying tactics and, unfortunately, the death threats. Which is silly, becaue the likelihood that they're some kind of computer hacker, and actually possess the skills to carry out such a threat, is about as likely as being struck by lightning. Wait...scratch that, getting struck by lightning is more likely, lol

19. Allen Sumaran

Allen Sumaran Member

Thanks Kano! I'll be looking forward to the new feed, as I'm sure many people will be as well.