World Boss Defeated

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by LaScepter, May 4, 2013.

1. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

WOW.....after over 100 hits on the Nidhogg the Dragon (Level 32 South Midgard World Boss) it was NOT killed before it expired !
    Many others i know have more than 100 hits.....im bummed big time we missed the payout ! :( how do we fix this..??...and i thought the hitting every 15 mins was so this didnt happen..???

2. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

In yee old days, Kano support was around to take out a couple of Billion of damage during the day in these situations for a concept called "goodwill."

Fast forward, Kano support is not around like they were. And ... goodwill? Not quite too many situations I have seen.

The bosses themselves are getting very very big and I guess it cannot be taken for granted any more the kill of them.

3. LaScepter

Your right there Kel about Kano support not being around like they were...as these bosses get bigger and stronger maybe we need the option to hit with 20 stam from the start instead of the 15 min deal they have in place now..

Oh and Congrats on level 19500 !!!! thats huge !

4. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

I only had 166 hits... was slacking off during the day :-/ lol

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

As much as like the rewards and what not from the world bosses, I actually dont mind the fact they dont die all the time as it adds to the fun when they actually do. Im not a big fan of certainty when it comes to things like this as it makes it boring. Fortunately for the players that are very activ on the world bosses.....the XP is great along the way so its not a total loss. As far as what we can do to better insure that they die....more active participation especially from the heavy hitters. Personally I know that JJ and I have been slacking in our world boss attacks compared to what we use to do. There has been a couple threads on the subject but as Im sure you can guess a difference in opinions from the community. Look at it this way...your still getting a leg up in the form of rewards over your less active rivals....If the boss dies every time its a wash if your rivals get their minimum number of attacks in as far as the end items.

6. LaScepter

I see your point ....and i agree for the most part...the end result is always a good pay off for the ones who hit for the drops ...I myself am in it for the exp..i guess the exp at the end when the boss is killed is just an extra bonus :)

7. DarkStratus

DarkStratus Administrator

We are considering making the boss weaker the next time you challenge it if you don't beat it. How do you feel about this?

And how many levels do you think we should dial it back if you don't defeat it?

8. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Reducing the health its the best humanly solution.

At the last day due to the low XP payout I should attack the boss at least 8 hours every 15 mins to make a lvl, wich is an absolute time waste in my opinion, considering that I can make a lvl in 5 mins if I search a lvling partner with the same amount of stamina.

If the boss is defeated? Rollback the whole game for 2 weeks :)))

9. Erik Peterson

Erik Peterson Member

What about just adding one more day of 15-minute timers to the bosses? That way we'd have enough time to grind through them, and last days for world bosses would land on Saturdays, when many more (granted, not all) players have the free time to login more often.

10. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

If the world bosses would be the same as regular bosses, with up to a 20 stam attack available, that might defer the day of reckoning!

Dialing back? I don't know if there is a world boss achievement you'd wreck ;)

11. Maler

Maler Member

looks like the world boss will be UNdefetead once again ...

12. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

I think allot of people didn't even bother with it because of the ones that we couldn't kill off recently and Kano did nothing about it.. I'm close to saying 'screw it' myself. Thanks Kano ;-)

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Mitch as a new rep I'd like 'you' to really look into this, not a big feat to fix pass it onto SMACK he can figure this out. I think 3rd World Boss now on VC

14. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

I've said it several times already, but I'll reiterate it again. We need the power attack unlocks earlier. Let's face it, neither on fb nor especially on MS we will see the biggest power attacks unlocked ever again. These days are long past and the lack of powerful power attacks adds up to damage not dealt. It would also help if you had 100 Stamina Power Attacks on the last day. They'd make defeating the World Boss much easier.

15. Maler

Maler Member

and like before, no one in charge will listen to this wish of ours.
    maybe another way around this would be unlocking the last power attack at 10.000 vikings, not 20.000, since i doubt there are 20.000 still playing.

16. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

The Way it Goes

A game is supposed to be challenging. Yet all I see here is complaints and requests to make it easier. We lost. We could not do it. Deal with it. Maybe next time we can be more diligent in getting our hits in and encouraging our Guilds and Clans to get theirs in too.

17. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I agree. Just for the record......I neither complained or asked to make it easier in my previous post....lol

18. Maler

Maler Member

Craig, some of my guild mates had over 200 attacks on the world boss, i stopped at around 150ish. The problems are that the boss has too much life and the people who can inflict the most damage don't or can't do so many hits. something has to be done, or else why bother attacking ?

19. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Or, if you look at the MS World Bosses, we also lost players, with MySpace's recent stunt we lost even more players and now the remaining players have no chance in hell to finish it off. And I'm honestly not interested inhaving to deal 300+ attacks on the boss for the sake of defeating it. A bit of sleep is still needed.

20. LaScepter

Yep...it happens again... :( I am seriously thinking that for these older / stronger bosses maybe we should have the option of a 5 stam hit from the start...keep the hits as they are every 3 hrs..Something needs to happen..otherwise they all will be expiring before we defeat them because eventually players will boycott hitting them..