Why is a first hitlist cost on your mob LOWER than the Base hitlist

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Xipe Totec, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

I was under the impression that the "Base" hitlist (which was relatively recently introduced on your profile) reflected the lowest cost of hitlisting your mob....

but i see its not, as my mob has just been placed on hitlist for LOWER than the cost of my base......
    Hit Placed
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX has put a Hit on you for $1,143,948,624,213.

Raise your Hit cost by increasing your Income.

my profile shows me:
    Base Hitlist1.346 trillion
    Current Hitlist1.682 trillion

if the base is actually lower than the cost of hitlist then this needs to be looked at so that it gives a REAL indication of hitlisting your mob, or there isnt much point to it.

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Taxes when this show's up, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX has put a Hit on you for $1,143,948,624,213

Takes % why seeing this, for a person to bounty you will cost Base Hitlist1.346 trillion, but person to collect will only get $1,143,948,624,213.

3. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

No Jades, i agree that that would be for the bounty COLLECTED.... but the COST of the hitlist should be the same as the "base hitlist" what the mob gets after "taxes" would be the reduced amount i.e the bounty collected.

4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well, figuring was my idea is the way asked for it. Guess you should read more and comment. http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/bounty-cost.13484/

5. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

that thread doesnt answer my question...... i was asking why the bounty cost is LESS than the base cost. if its due to taxes then the base hitlist should be what the cost is with taxes..... but the cost of listing does not include taxes. the bounty includes taxes. the cost of listing should be the same as base hitlist or current hitlist. NOT LESS.

6. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

you're missing the point. it COST 1.3 to put you up, but the REWARD was only 1.1. why would it show that it only costs 1.1 to put you up when it really costs 1.3? anyone that has played for more than a few days knows how this works, so everyone knows that the reward is going to be 200 billion or so less than what the cost is going to be. it works the same way for everyone.

The Navigator, MobMan and Kirsten like this.
  7. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

Have to agree with Xipe Totec, I also dont get why my base hitlist is 650b but in my feed it shows that someone put a hit on me for 600b.

It shows someone put a hit on me for 600b. Normally it should show: someone has put a hit on you for 650b.

I still didn't understand what hitlist taxes are and why Kano needs to collect a tax there (despite all explanations in this thread).
    Mi7ch explain please.

Aapje likes this.
  8. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

i think you guys are missing the point here.... if my base is 1.3 then it ought to cost the player to list me 1.3. i fully appreciate that the person that kills me will get less after taxes.... but why should it cost LESS to list me than my base hitlist?

9. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

do you all never put hits up yourselves? it DOES cost you 1.3, but because you only collect 1.1, that's what's posted in the feeds and on the board. seriously, you all never noticed this? and the reason there is a "tax" is to "prevent" cash transfers between players working together. smh

The Navigator, Kirsten and JADES like this.
  10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

It does not" cost" less,it just amounts to less for the one who collects.

The Navigator likes this.
  11. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

You will not know nor do you know what the base cost of the mob you are listing costs all it reflects is that you are listing a party for an amount. whether it is that parties base cost you dont know (not referring to subsequent listings) and here i am not talking about listing another mob... i am saying when I am listed the amount is less than my base cost..... sorry but you not understanding what i am saying. maybe i am not saying it right. if my base cost is 1.3 then the cost of listing me should be the same. i copied the above from my feed reflecting the cost of listing me was LESS than my base. i fully appreciate that the hunter getting my bounty will get less. but that should not affect the base cost of listing me. the feed should reflect this.... ie so and so has put a hit on you for 1.3 tril and then so and so got your bounty of 1.1 tril.

12. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

It still will cost the setter the amount it show when it says "this will be the first,second,etc,bounty on so and so,doesn't it?? That is what it would cost the player setting anyone.

From the Help section::

Bounties

Put a price on a rivals head to sit back and watch the Bounty-hungry hoards take them down for you!

Taking down Bounties is an excellent way to earn Gold and XP, but watch out! A high bounty usually means a powerful Pirate, and they are known to hold grudges.

The base cost of a Bounty is determined by a Pirate's total income, but it can grow higher depending on a number of factors, including:

• level
    • income of the person setting the bounty
    • the number of recent aggressive actions between you, and
    • the number of times the target has been recently bountied
    You can see your base Bounty cost under the User tab on your profile page.

"""""The amount paid to place a bounty will be slightly higher than the amount earned by the person who successfully feeds your target to the fishes, due to "facilitator's fees.""""""

Not sure if this helps the question you are wondering about.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    The Navigator likes this.
  13. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

i thought i from the responses to this thread that i had missed the plot somewhere.... but I am glad to see Mi7ch replied and I was right:

Hi Xipe,

I've tried to inquire about this, but unfortunately none of the developers seem to have any indication of how this happens. The Base Hitlist is supposed to be your base cost before any modifiers come into account and your current Hitlist price should not be lower than it.

I'll continue looking into it. Sorry for no news! :(

14. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The player who is listing you will pay the full price, just ask a friend of yours to remove you and copy paste your price.
    The godfather will keep 15% of your price, and the player who collects your hitlist will end up with 85% of your base hitlist price.

In your case the player will pay your base price: 1.345.821.910.838, the Godfather will keep: 201.873.286.625 and the one that kills you will get: 1.143.948.624.213.

In LCN your base price it is 6.8 * Income per Hour, and with each new hitlist your price goes up with 25% of your base hitlist.

The Navigator and WendelinR like this.
  15. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

why should the feed reflect anything differently than what it does now? anyone that has played the game for more than a day knows how this works (as it has for YEARS). PLEASE don't have Kano waste any time on this.

The Navigator and Kirsten like this.
  16. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

already knew this but damn, that's some real talk. you don't read fine explanations like this too often.

Kirsten likes this.
  17. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Where do you think the Godfather gets all the $$$ to list inactive accounts ;)

The Navigator and Smack like this.