Why are the Links Disabled on Squad Contracts ???

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by HeyUwereWTFpwned, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

No we obviously do not accept every idea but we do consider every idea that we see. As with anything, there are pro's and con's to every adjustment, change, or addition that is made to the app. We make every effort to look at things from all angles. We are going to be making some changes that I think will help with this process.

2. Wonder Woman

You make a good point about a lower level players and we are exploring some things that might help them to understand better.

3. Wonder Woman

Your suggestions are for a different situation. I will pass on your suggestions to the team for consideration.

4. Wonder Woman

This was posted by Kendall in a similar thread in LCN which sums it up nicely:

"some weren't abusing the elites but some definitely were which has negatively impacted new users experience to the game. From our original release we have made a couple changes to make links always viewable from a friends / mobsters / Syndicate members page, from a rivals page only those that you are friends / mobsters / syndicate members with. LCN rules are very open, which can be a negative experience for new users, imagine joining an elite contract of someone you just became friends in-game with and all of a sudden you are being punched / hitlisted by players 1000's of levels above you.

I understand that this change may be upsetting for some players, as change usually is, but for now we want to run this test to see if the negative complaints and metrics improve for that area. I am sorry that we have left it as is for so long without making this change earlier. We want to get more players into the game so that you can have more rivals to beat up, picking off newer players though the elites is what this change was targeted at, right now it may encompass some true rivals so we will be looking into that.

The links may be back in the near future if we can figure out how to remove the negative experience for true new players."