[VC] Why am I not getting my boss rewards?

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by thor persson, Jun 1, 2015.

1. thor persson

thor persson Member

I have noticed on multiple occasions this last fortnight that I have been missing out on boss rewards due to some sort of rounding error perceived in Kano.
    It really came to attention just now when I missed out on 4 drops. I always attack coop bosses that I join to 100% (unless I only get 5 % for a 20 token hit). I make sure that on most bosses I put an extra 20 or more tokens in after the 100% but have been noticing that Even though in game it states that I have made the 100% for my reward drop, when it comes time to award the reward I am missing out on a payout due to the fact that it now says that I have only completed 98% or 92%.

This is extremely frustrating as I have missed out on a lot of higher level boss drops! The xp is worth diddly squat so you only attack them for the in fight drops and rewards at the end of the fight.

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?

I can only really surmise that there is some sort of rounding error in the code (pulling at straws).
    Please explain why this is happening and when it will be fixed

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

This is a bug that we're aware of and are currently looking into. If you were affected by it, please contact Support and they'll look into your account. They'll need to check things out but if they can verify it they'll be happy to help you out with your missing rewards this time. :)

thor persson likes this.
  3. thor persson

thor persson Member

Thanks Mitch for your reply :)

mi7ch likes this.
  4. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i fail to understand why we have to open up support tickets if we think we have been affected by this. from what i've seen, this has been brought up several times, and it seems to happen on more than one game (not just mob wars) and on more than one platform (not just kong). wouldn't that lead you to believe that this is not an isolated issue and a fix could be pushed out so that we wouldn't have to keep bringing it up here and opening up tickets for every boss that we attack to make sure that we have gotten all of the drops that we were supposed to?

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

As I said, we're aware of this bug and we're looking into it. If we had a fix for it by this point, it would have been rolled out. Support tickets have to be created because we prefer to have those interactions go through that channel (for privacy and technical reasons, although I am able to help out with small requests) and it helps us keep track of these issues in a system that is better built for logging and tracking these types of ticket submissions. :)

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Part of the problem is we have been unable to reproduce this while testing. I have tried numerous times and have come up empty handed every single time.

If anyone can see that they are about to collect on a boss they were sure they did 100% of the min damage for but it is showing less at the time you collect please do not collect this reward and PM me with the following info:
    • The Game you play
    • the Network you play on
    • your User ID
    • the boss owner's User ID (or name)
    • The name of the boss you are helping
    If I can trap one of these cases before the collect state it will likely help nail down the issue.

7. Vic

Vic Active Member

a couple of things. i logged into the support site, and you can't copy and paste images to tickets. you have to copy and paste them to a file in a program (like Word), save the file, and then attach the file to the ticket. isn't this rather labor intensive?
    plus, we are instructed not to collect boss rewards until the information has been reviewed. what if the boss rewards expire while we are waiting on a response? we should take the chance on losing out on ALL the rewards because we're only missing one or two?
    if i'm not getting all of my rewards, then i guess i won't worry about it. if there is not a way to send screenshots so the info can be captured and researched AFTER the rewards are collected, then it seems that there will be no resolution to this issue.

8. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Vic, if you encounter a boss in this state please PM me (not support) and I will look at it as soon as I see the PM. Having said that I am gone all next week so that isn't going to help any but if you happen to encounter a boss in this state before the end of Friday June 5th please let me know ASAP.

Screenshots are also helpful but I am really curious as to what is going on behind the scenes.

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Alternately if @Smack is not on the forums, send me a PM and I'll snag him. :)