Who defines our brand of 'fun' ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Robert Belrose, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

I keep seeing threads closed and posts removed because we are supposed to be here to have 'fun'... just wondering who defines what we call fun? In the old DB forum people would log on just to see what was going on there and perhaps join it. It sparked the game back when it was a battle game and not a 'who has the biggest credit card' game. To me it added an extra level of competition, and when the game was slow we could always amuse ourselves with the posts.

Now unless you are exchanging flowers and kisses the posts go 'poof!' So who is it that decides what is fun? Is it the players that support the games or is it the people that work at bringing them to us?

2. stoef

stoef New Member

I find this offensive Robert. Kano, can you please close this thread.

3. Maybe we can start a poll as to why people come here?

4. Stephen moyes

Stephen moyes New Member

well said Robert, agree 100% bring back the old DB This forum stinks

5. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

Flowers and kisses are pretty cool.

Seriously though, you can read our forum Code of Conduct by clicking one of the many links in my signature. You can also read our Moderator Policies there as well, which show the reasons our Mods close or delete things.

I can appreciate that some players enjoy competitive banter, however there are many other places where players can exchange barbed comments. We want to keep the forums free of personal disputes and insults so that they're more accessible for everyone.

6. Robert Belrose

Those 'other places' where all could go and do that were taken away, thus the suggestion of a section on the forum we could do that- people wouldn't have to go in there if they didn't want

7. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

If i remember correctly...it was Facebook who took the Discussion Boards away from the apps/games...too bad though..i agree those were the days !

8. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

For me ..i come here to post ideas or issues im having in VC...to gain opinions or fixes....but NONE of that happens in my case..well maybe once !

9. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

That is correct, FB discontinued the old forums while back so we are left with these types of forums in any game, but I figure the FB groups make up the difference, no rules there for the most part.

10. Wonder Bread

What I meant by other options was other places on the internet, FB groups being one of the most common.

Again, we have considered the possibility of an anything-goes section of the forums, however I personally believe it's better for the community if we all just work on posting opinions and discussion respectfully.

11. Robert Belrose

FB groups can no longer house that many people- a section on the forums where we could actually have a debate and throw 'barbs' could

12. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Why not start a chat group and give the link out to everyone? When you go to "war" people can get in the chat and have at it. People don't like it they can leave the chat.

13. what is so offensive about someone having an opinion.. I myself have had a post closed off.. all because it upset one poor hard done by little player... give me a break.... closing them all down is just fuelling the issue.. not closing them as you seem to think you are doing...

14. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Kano decided to close threads yest , please do not reopen closed threads , thank you

15. I may start up a teamspeak channel when I get more time. Imagine how interesting that would be if you left it wide open for anyone to join in. Hey, Wonderbread... Would Kano have any issue with that being done ? I know we can do that without consent but if I were to name it anything close to Viking Clan Voice would that be inappropriate because I would like it to be recognized as what it is for. I used to have much more time and already had this plan in the works all with help channels also. If Kano doesn't mind maybe someone with more time could put this together. PS... I would just be sure everyone joining had the abilty to simply mute another user if they try to take over or get abusive.

16. Wonder Bread

@JG That sounds like a great idea! You are absolutely welcome to have the game name in the channel title so that other players can find it easily, although of course it won't be officially affiliated us as we won't have anything to do with the content or moderation.

17. Absolutely understood. I just didn't want to get into any copywrite problems. Thanks WB

18. MIKE BEOWULF BOVINE

MIKE BEOWULF BOVINE New Member

I resectfully would like to post my opinions WE HAVE HAD ALL WE CAN STAND OF THIS YOU NEED TO WORRIE ABOUT MAKING THE MAJORITY OF V.C. PLAYERS HAPPY TO PLAY THE GAME AND NOT THE MINORITY!!!!

19. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I have no idea what your talking about?!

20. MIKE BEOWULF BOVINE

MIKE BEOWULF BOVINE New Member

It means stop looking out for to pockets in the game and look at the real players who have made this game what it is or was at one time fun to play I do not like being hit on all day by people four times my lvl.who paid to get to that point I worked my ass of to get were I am the way most of us have and you want to tell us we can not complain about it!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.