[VC] Whats new at KANO this week. TGIF - high res bunnies edition!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Deltan

Deltan Member

Based off of previous feedback we've received in the past asking calendar artwork, we've decided to implement a feature that will allow you to download a high resolution version of the calendar backdrop artwork! There is a link on the clear bonus screen as well as here shown below. Look for the April calendar to start Monday, April 2 at 12am PDT!
    [​IMG]

Bonus, as a fun little thank you to all our players today, we've also made previous calendar artwork available for download. Today we've got 5 past calendar backdrops, and I'll aim to post 5 more in every weekly TGIF post!
    http://bit.ly/calendar_dec2010
    http://bit.ly/calendar_apr2011
    http://bit.ly/calendar_june2011
    http://bit.ly/calendar_aug2011
    http://bit.ly/calendar_oct2011

I'd like to showcase more from the content and art teams, as well as random musings from the office. There's a lot that goes on here at KANO every week, I'd really like to show off the efforts of our hard working team that go into the games you love every single day. Please let us know in replies if these are things you're interested in seeing from us!

More hi5 player scaling
    As we originally mentioned in our thread here: http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?6574-hi5-players-hired-adjustments
    We are continuing to monitor the hi5 players and their game activities. We are seeing situations where hi5 players are camping at their level and abusing their advantage over other players and racking up battle kills. while the majority have played through as we thought there are a few that seem content to just camp at the lower levels and rack up kills. The new adjustment is as follows, as long as the added friends is above the current max clan amount you should be taking them all in. Friends are not capped beyond the per level amount after 500.

If we had more time with the original transfer and take what we know now into account, we would have handled this a lot differently. hi5 did not give us or any developer an acceptable schedule to deal with this problem. In short, it was not handled as best it could have been, we apologize for the post transfer adjustments, it was unavoidable. We have talked at nauseum about the hi5 transfer. We feel more confident that should there be forced transfers necessary, moving players from one network to another, that we will be better prepared to handle it better.

What happened in Dev this week!
    • Gamebar along the top of all our games had a mouseover tooltip removed in favour of a background swap.
    • April Gifts are live
    • Mobile has some Social Feed integration!
    • (FORUM) Stamina Refill Buttons are now oriented with the Refill/Boost buttons on the left and the message on the right
      http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?6344
      http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?6343
    • (IDEAS) Crafting - Crafting items will remain on the Workbench after a failed crafting attempt
      http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?6173
    • (Bug Fix) Action links on feed posts you have already helped on were disappearing. This persisted from about 6pm March 28 till about noon March 29.
    • Easter Calendar now has the ability to download a high res version of the background upon completion.
    • As we posted earlier in the week in the support forum here: http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?6922 We have filed a bug with Facebook regarding the notification spam some players are seeing. We have been told it's being worked on and a fix is coming soon. We want to re-iterate that this problem is on Facebook, not us. Please do not block the games from posting, a fix is coming. Thanks!

2. Michel

Michel Member

This was to be expected, penalizing HI5 players, I still say it would have been more appropriate to transfer our profile as it was, so there would have been only a change in the leaderboard, now with the Gods and the money we receive is clear that the players in FB are furious

3. clubber

clubber Member

This thread's title should be renamed: Whats new at Kano burning/teasing ex-hi5 players.

4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

You won't even have that,I bet.All you hi5 players know that,at level 325,your normal facebook/myspace player can have the full 2000 size.You did know that,right?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  5. The Protector

The Protector Banned

I like that one,Clubber.

6. The Protector

The Protector Banned

They were going to whine if a 1:1 transfer happened.Granted,I agree with you that it would have been the best option.

7. Klaudinhu

Klaudinhu New Member

I don't know what has been going on at your office all this week but one thing's for sure.... It was not good for me or other players from my clan or guild!!! First you blocked me of 226 HC and now you blocked my of ALL my HC...... I usally could go up against players that were over the 1000 chifts limit, but now i'm an easy target for them because of you!!! I have 714 real chiefts and 643 blocked HC... before i had only 226!! THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR WEEK OF WORK!!!! You have been most helpeful!!!! My Hc count IS NOT SUPERIOR to my real chiefts count!

8. Klaudinhu

Klaudinhu New Member

P.S: I don't spend lots of hours playing here cause i DO have to work for a living, but, between yesterday night to noon today i leveled up 6 times and i had no whatsoever HC unblocked to my chifts count..... I can see that their're gonna be blocked till lvl 1000 now!!! THANKS

9. Olof Halgil

Olof Halgil New Member

This is just not fair!!!!! You took me over 200 chieftains...again! I had 1805, now i have... 1605! You are sick, twisted people!!!

10. Freya

Freya New Member

First of all, I believe that most of us, and most of the Facebook players would have been more pleased of a 1:1 transfer...
    Second, why this situation? Why can someone of the same level ( a FB player, of course) use their HC at full capacity and we cannot use any of them? Only because we come from hi5? Well, we had played this game for almost 3 years, we know how to do this, and we know how to become stronger... Why do we have to battle stronger FB players, who can use these facilities, only because they chose the right network from the beginning? How were we supposed to know that this was about to happen?
    And about the weaker ones, what should we do? Not kill them only because they are from FB and they might complain about it? It is not our fault that they have so few chieftains at this level, it's certainly theirs... We killed them on hi5 too, and no one complained about that... We were allowed to do that there, but we aren't allowed to do this here... Strange, I guess it's the same game.... am I not right? The strong players, trust me, they do not die that easy. And now I'm talking about battle kills and axe slap deaths. About bounty listing, we are being placed on the bounty list by people with thousands of levels above us. Is this what you call a fair game?
    I'm very sorry for that, but I'm not sure if I want to continue playing this game, I liked it a lot and I still do, this is why I agreed to continue here and start from the beginning, but it is getting too much... This is a battle game, a war game... if they don't like it, why don't they play farm games?

11. Olof Halgil

Olof Halgil New Member

Why are you doing this to us? My profile is level 806, so i must have 1806 chieftains!!!! But you just keep screwing us, you... Creatures!

12. Olof Halgil

Olof Halgil New Member

Not mentioning that one day, shortly after you gave me that compensation points, several hundreds of them just... disappeared!!! How could that be, in a normal game? You simply stole them; that made you simply, primitive creatures... you just know how to steal... only that, my beloved creatures! Don't expect to get respect from us, when you simply steal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Klaudinhu

Klaudinhu New Member

Deltan could you please explain me the following.....

More hi5 player scaling
    As we originally mentioned in our thread here: http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthrea...ed-adjustments
    We are continuing to monitor the hi5 players and their game activities. We are seeing situations where hi5 players are camping at their level and abusing their advantage over other players and racking up battle kills. while the majority have played through as we thought there are a few that seem content to just camp at the lower levels and rack up kills. The new adjustment is as follows, as long as the added friends is above the current max clan amount you should be taking them all in. Friends are not capped beyond the per level amount after 500.

How can a player "CAMP" in a game like this?? What is this game? Call of Duty of something?? If a player does is GP's gains XP therefor levels up so i can't see how can they play always in lower levels.....
    Except of course if they stopped playng the game!!!!!
    Unless that some of them were ex-Hi5 players that gotten some HC blocked the first time and simply just quitted playing the game!!!

14. mithos

mithos New Member

Dear Kano devs,

all i have to say is .... you don't understand anything about games. You are just a bunch of kids.
    That excuse of players camping ... how can this be camping??? I was around level 1500 (if i'm not wrong) in hi5. I had to start hover again.
    Now my stats are Joined 55 days ago / Level 601
    This is camping??? Why can't i have all my hired chieftains.
    It's not your fault that hi5 canceled your game there. Well it's not my fault to.
    You didn't want to have lots of work transfering hi5 profiles to FB, now that's your fault.
    I had to start all over again. It's acceptable that i can get a little "help" achieving the level i was in hi5 or isn't it?

15. Freya

Freya New Member

Ok... I still don't understand... why don't the same rules apply to all the players? And why don't we get any answer? I'm getting tired of all this things... What is happening is a real mess... And I think that we do deserve to get an answer... At least that... Is anyone going to bother and do that?

16. Aaron Cooney

Aaron Cooney New Member

to deltan could it be possible to have viking clan a system where a person can give a set amoiunt of money to another viking of there choosing like my friend really likes this game and he cant make money fast and i make alot of money and i would really like it if i could be able to give him money other then have him in my inner circle which i already do

17. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Aaron this has been brought up many of times in all kano games. And it would have to be posted as an idea again for players to vote on but it will probably still end in the same result as a no from the general public. If that was allowed you would have a lot of players who have money accts or alts transfer money into there main accounts. Kano is not always going to be able to catch all the alts no developers will ever be able to get rid of those. But until that situation is resolved somehow the general public will always vote no on it like they have numerous times in the past.

18. Aaron Cooney

Aaron Cooney New Member

ohh i just like join the forum today

19. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Its okay i saw your posting. When developers are not on or admins us moderators try to field the questions and help them out until they come back on again. Were always around somewhere and checking to see if individuals need questions answered or help with an issue that either we can find a solution or if its programming in the game to send the feedback up to them to get it fixed as soon as possible. If you need anything answered or help look to the bottom of individuals names and you will see the title they carry. And posts more posts means they have been here for awhile and are knowledgeable in the aspects of the game. Or look for the moderators developers or admins tags.