[VC] Whats happening this week in KANO/APPS Dev, TGIF edition!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Deltan

Deltan Member

Instability, Outages and Apology
    Since mid-December 2011 we have been met with a series of cache server outages unlike any we have had in the history of KANO/APPS. We now believe that we have made the necessary system changes to prevent the kinds of outages that we have been experiencing, which is a good thing! We are confident that we have fixed the issues, time will tell if we have resolved these instability issues.

These outages have pushed us to improve our internal processes: better alerting on possible issues before they happen and moving data out of cache to persistent storage so that when a cache server does die there is minimal impact to the player. We just about have everything moved over, the last big changed will be users' rivals lists which will go out next week. So players should expect one more rival reset, which we will warn people in advance about, but from that point on it will be stored in persistent storage which means no more resets.

Sometimes outages occur and are beyond our control but with the extent of issues occurring over the last 60-days and now that we believe to have found / fixed the issue(s) we would like to roll out a "Thanks for Playing" item next week as an apology to all active players, we will be speaking more to that next week providing that we have no pending fires to attend to (knock on wood).

Here are some changes that occurred this week!
    • Nidhogg the Dragon retroactive rewards for players that missed out on the rewards due to a scheduling error on our part.
    • Player Requested: Ability to hide new Limited Inventory items on home page for a session of play (6-hr timeout)
    • Social Feed Maintenance, we have had some issues with performance which may have contributed to some of the recent issues, we have hopefully fixed those issues with this maintenance.
    • Leap Year calendar.
    • Inner Circle page optimizations to improve adding & removing members.
    Upcoming Changes Target Next Week
    Boss Improvements
    • Max boss helper damage moved to persistent storage and one setting for all bosses, no more resetting max boss dmg each time.
    • Min dmg required by boss owner, no more bosses being killed when the boss owner has done 0 dmg.
    • Death by boss will result in loss of XP, this was something that when we originally rolled out pulled back loss of XP to allow players time to invest in Health appropriately, now that it has been some time it is now time to add loss of XP back in, if you are dying by boss then for your level you should invest more in health.
    Property Selling
    • We will look to bring selling features back and engage the community more next week with respect to why it was removed and why we made this change originally back in 2010 but pulled back to allow players time to adjust, more to follow on this topic next week.
    Stamina/Energy/Health Refills
    • From ideas players have requested that stamina refills add their max stamina to current amount, so for example if you had 500 as your current max Stamina a Stamina Refill would give you +500 stamina no matter what your current stamina is, and guess what we agree!
    • There was also a suggestion to add 50% refill options, this is something that we are going to look into more and see what we can do. :)
    Stamina Refill Buttons
    • When fighting a boss / rival players have complained about the placement of the refill stamina button, we will look into this next week and make appropriate changes to reduce the opportunity for mis-clicks.

2. Maler

Maler Member

sounds too good to be true. if you can achieve those targets, then you have my thanks.

3. That sounds great !!! cant wait ..Kano rocknroll always ;)

4. kayjay

kayjay Guest

sounds good deltan looking forward to our thanks for playing reward.....

5. clubber

clubber Member

36322-no_good_enough_arsenal.jpg

NOOOOO! Leave as it is, we are hiding under our own sucidial actions.

6. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I like most of what I read but do have a couple questions. TY!

1)Can u explain the minimum damage on a boss by its owner thing...how will that work? Will there be an imposed limit to the damage a player can do until the owner gets the minimum? will they not be able to ask for help until they get minimum?

2) when did we get compensated for the nidhog event? I pay close attention to my xp and have noticed nothing?

3) when are you going to address the bounty delay issue?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  7. Thank you, Deltan for these changes! Well, most anyway. I think some of my smaller level clan will be dismayed on the minimum damage to bosses thingy since I have pleaded with them to hit their own bosses in the past and they just didn't want to for what ever their reasons......lack of stamina or disinterest in bosses, idk.

As for receiving compensation on the Nidhogg boss when you had that snafu and mine was reset, along with others, I haven't seen any compensation. Please explain what we got either here or privately is fine.

LOVE your other changes and proposed changes. And I personally have no issue with the minimum damage on my own bosses........just think some of my clan will be disappointed. I never have understood why they would wish to give up the boss owner rewards, can't get them elsewhere and can't get them back once the boss is dead. If anything, my only issue is you are taking away yet another act of free will. I am disturbed how much you are "protecting" the players from the consequences of their own decisions.

8. Deb

Deb New Member

Thank you!

Thank you Mark and all those at KANO for correcting this boss problem. This went a LONG ways with most players.

9. I'd like to see... hold on... gotta go copy this from chat because SOMEONE'S a little camera shy. You know who you are...

"maybe another idea would be to take back xp and drops if owner doesnt get the max damage done."

Please refrain from telling us how people only give you bosses out of the goodness of their hearts. If they don't have the stamina, they shouldn't be opening those bosses in the first place. Thanks in advance.

10. Dunk Nielsen

Dunk Nielsen Member

its cool with me , with the boss dmg by owner but really on my ice dragon u can have it all dont want any of the drops or rewards from it but maybe if it changed where u could use the stupid shit u get it would be a diff. story ?????

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
  11. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

This was getting a little off topic. Nobody wants to hear about your sausage, polish or otherwise.

Boss Damage limits. The Boss owner has to at least do the minimum damage. You can still set the damage limits for how much helps can do.

Compensated for the Nidhog World Boss - that went out last week and was added into your account on Friday. I have checked to make sure but if you are still concerned then send me a message into support.

12. polishpimp

The boss owner has to do the minimum damage or what? Can u please explain what u mean by this? will the boss owner have to do min damage b4 they share the boss? or if they share the boss but dont get the min damage nobody gets rewards? will players that help only be able to do as much damage as the owner until they get the minimum? Please explain.

13. Wonder Woman

It is still in the development phase so things might change slightly but basically the owner has to do a minimum damage for the rewards to be given out. They can share at anytime but it is the Boss owners responsibility to get that damage done.

14. Again, I see no evidence of any reward from the Nidhog reset. Looks pretty much like I just got the finger.

And WHAT IN THE WORLD R U TALKING ABOUT??? Polish? Sausage? Where in the world did that come from?

15. polishpimp

Wow....sure hope u let this update be well known....because there is going to be a ton of wasted stamina and angry players who wasted it. Personally I like the idea of holding each player responsible for there own actions.....surprised u chose this update to finally do it when there r so many other areas u protect them from themselves. Regardless...i like it and look forward to seeing it implemented

16. LMAO before u attack your own BosS set minimum damage is possible and than attack and boss and take that minimum damage away so everyone can attack how much they want more or less ..

Cara said ''Nobody wants to hear about your sausage, polish or otherwise..'' so she didnt call polish a sausage hehehe
    but now its funny from jills reaction :D

back about boss is one problem that person who have a boss also have lots health some like 70-100 k ..so minimum damage will be so high for players who health is 10-30 k so when they attack that player boss will be hard for them to get that minimum damage but for some one who health is the same 70-100k will be easy get that minimum damage !!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  17. hahahahaha oh too funny and so true ... all about fun right pimps ?

18. polishpimp

what ever u say Para. considering your guild is longer a force in the game ...i find it no surprise to find a slew of your guild mates up here in the forums running their mouths off topic. , it was always was what your guild did best....u will always have that. ;)

19. You are just said what you and your guild is doing here lol and yes keep pimps PARA-noid ;)

20. Wonder Woman

One of the deleted posts was talking about it.

The rewards were deposited in your account on Friday. There was no notification other then reported on the Forums. If you are concerned, then send a message into support and we can look up your account to let you know what rewards you got.