WFT? How is XP calculated?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by waldo1984, Dec 17, 2010.

1. waldo1984

waldo1984 Member

Okay... I thought I was at least somewhat clued in on the idea that the harder the battle, the more XP I would get. Over the course of just shy of 12,000 victories, it has seemed pretty consistent that as my advantage over my opponent came closer to 0 (or even dipped ever so slightly under), XP would increase into the 60's or 70's. My biggest payout so far has been 80xp (I'm only lvl 387 atm) from a guy who, if I remember correctly, I only had a 0.27% advantage over (or something very close to that).

However... I just hit a guy with a much bigger clan (he had 612, I have 362), and while I only had a 6.17% advantage over him, I only received 15 xp. This is usually what I'd see when my attack strength was somewhere in the neighborhood of 150% or more higher than my opponent.

What the heck happened? Is this normal?

Also, just an observation; I'm sure most of you already know this, but since I haven't seen any posts on the subject, I figured I'd mention that personal combat strength does seem to have a noticeable impact on fights. In this particular battle, I was weaker in every area except the personal side (personal attack strength, armed weapons, and attack boost). Granted, that 5% for the attack boost might make a lot of difference, but when I'm looking at the firepower he's bringing as compared to what I'm bringing, I'd have expected to be swamped.

2. its the health.
    if your opponent has low health the exp payout is lower.

3. waldo1984

waldo1984 Member

Ah... gotcha. That make sense. Thanks for the quick response, AS.