[LCN] Weekend Arenas

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Aardvark, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Aardvark

Aardvark Orycteropus Afer

We've had a number of comments from players who found it challenging to participate in Wednesday Battle Arenas, and suggested that moving some events to a weekend might work better. To further explore this idea we ran a feedback survey regarding the Arena schedule so we could get a clearer idea of the interest in a weekend event.

Responses were pretty heavily in favor of including a weekend slot, so we've established a new cycle where every 2nd event will be held on a Saturday, and lined everything up so it won't overlap with other busy events such as the Syndicate Wars or Raids.

The next Arena will take place Saturday, May 2nd at 2:00 PM PDT!

2. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

Yes rotate days would be nice

3. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

Id just like some acknowledgement that people outside of the US play the game. 2pm GMT would be a lovely start time. How about a start time that reflects the rest of the known world?

Dale Barrie and The Navigator like this.
  4. Jess

Jess Active Member

About time Kano started listening to the players. Let's see how that works out for the ones that requested it :)

5. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

yay, shoulda listened to me a year ago,lol :p

AlterEgoT likes this.
  6. Dale Barrie

Dale Barrie Active Member

If they would have listened to you and a few others from start Rain, maybe we wouldnt have had only 600 people joining a BA ever!! lol

AlterEgoT likes this.
  7. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Chill dude. They are in PDT time so that's what they use. I'm in CST should I whine about having to convert?

Kirsten likes this.
  8. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

Weekend arena MUCH better than on wednesday, it's just logical isn't it:
    To get players to pay in ur battle arena u need them to have a job in order to get the money to pay for stam refills. Most people can't do a job while having to stay up late on a work day, so it's either one or the other, r u feelig me, do u know what i'm saying

9. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

no. being there at the start time is key, regardless of the day. i wasn't able to be there at the start this time because it was on a weekend, and my result is going to reflect that.

10. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

jarvin, i totally disagree with that. clueless got 2nd this BA only participating in the sudden death phase, start time is always the brawl phase and i also think that sudden death holds way more score to possibly get. i used to always triple my score in sudden death and thats 9 hrs after official start time, just my experience.

11. Varied start times seem fair for all players. Maybe 6 hours later every start that will get a start in about every time zone. Like has been mentioned sudden death is key for BA so it would rotate that start around the time zones too.

Easy To Remember likes this.
  12. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Weekend start times are much better for me, since it allowed me to play both phases.

13. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

not for me. i couldn't play either phase due to the start time. i do realize that i'm probably not the only one in this situation, but i can usually play in at least one phase when it's during the week.

14. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Weekend is far better for me. I did it this time when I usually don't bother.

15. SwiftlyInnocent

SwiftlyInnocent Active Member

Weekends are the best times to do the bigger activities in the game

16. I think varied start days along with varied start time is the best idea. With the global participation in this game, it seems only fair.

Easy To Remember likes this.
  17. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

@mi7ch - In the Battle Arena on LCN, some of the Rewards include XP multipliers and increased Strength in Battles (for example: 2x XP, 6x Strength in battles). I was hoping you could please elaborate on those aspects of the BA Rewards - Are those Rewards only for the next Battle Arena, or do they apply to everyday gameplay, etc.? The current BA that just started has been my BEST start ever, and I'm trying to decide if I should go for it or not.. Thanks for your help! :)

18. ChewbaccaSW

ChewbaccaSW Active Member

Talking about all the events (Raids / battle Arena / SW) and when to organize them: what about adding a calendar with all the next events? For example in Home/Main menu, you could add a tab "next events". It would be awesome! What do think about this idea?

Aapje likes this.
  19. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

It would be especially useful for raids.

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Those boosts are only active during the late stages of an Arena depending on how many people are left.