Warmode rewards

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Blue Nose, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I play LCN on kong/armor. Warmode on the platform is incredibly quiet. There are 5 proper warmode synds, only three of which are properly active.

Just wondering whether the weekly reward is enough to get new people interested in warmode? As it currently stands people believe that joining warmode isn't worth it because of the increased number of deaths. They're probably right. You maybe break even if you have a good week and finish first.

I joined recently and love it. I've tried to encourage others to do the same but they all feel the negative of losing XP isn't worth the reward at the end.

I also think a season in warmode should be better rewarded than a season for gamer points...

2. Striker1

Striker1 New Member

I'm up for better rewards in War Mode. But to a certain extent, it is WAR MODE. Get prepared to die. It's part of the game. It's certainly not for everyone depending on how people play. But maybe better rewards will increase competitiveness & more people to join. :) I think the rewards system should definitely be changed & upped to make it more rewarding for players

3. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

when i started playing, i was in war mode. it was okay, but i left it after a while. i don't think increasing rewards is going to encourage participation, it will just give more stuff to the 3 syndicates that are actually in it. and i will say that you can still level up each day, even though you get killed more often. with so few active war mode syndicates, it's even more labor intensive now than it used to be.

4. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I level as much in warmode as I did out of it. I'd just like to see it promoted as people seem to be scared of giving it a go.

5. graveyardgabby

graveyardgabby Active Member

I look at war mode and see tons of either dead or alt synds in it but, no one actually playing. The recent survey results also indicate it's lack of popularity. My first question is, why are syndicates not required to opt into the event between wars just like they are required to opt into syndicate wars and players are required to join battle arena with each new event. It would be nice to see all these alt/dead synds removed from war mode. I wonder if the devs think this activity is more popular than it truly is due to all these inactive synds being in war mode. I realize war is always running so, perhaps that is the logic behind not requiring an opt in for each war but, as a non war mode player, i have to say, all these supposed war mode synds raise a great deal of suspicion in my mind (among other things) that definitely make war mode unappealing to me. Considering this is an unpopular activity, at the very least it needs to be updated and not just in the category of rewards that will only benefit a very small number of players and synds. Although I personally feel very strongly that war mode should be eliminated altogether, as i see it as an activity easy exploited by cheaters, I do realize that the majority of war mode players very nice, good, honest people that do enjoy it. If put to a vote, I would vote to keep it because these players should not have to lose a very important and enjoyable part of their game due to a few bad apples. That said, in my opinion, war mode does need a serious update if you want it to gain popularity and war mode players should be more closely monitored for the use of alts etc. as this is a high risk activity. Eliminate the cheats, improve the rewards, and make it a little more interesting than just doing some attacks, punches, and lists, then, I think you will see more players interested in joining up.

Reefer likes this.
  6. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

I really don't understand people saying that war mode is for players that have to cheat and to have alt accounts, for what you think we that are in war mode need an alt?..yes the survey shows that players don't like war mode ( Kano didn't even considered the percentage of players that like war mode because no percentage is showing ) but one thing is for sure that without war mode players this game have non sense at all..for what you play? just to level up? so what? you be strong yes, but after how many 100 hits maybe? to a weaker rival you have to stop because you give xp to your opponent because of counters..as the survey shows boss battles is the most favourite of the game, but this is meant to be a PVP game not boss killing game, which means that the purpose this game was meant to be has failed.

7. graveyardgabby

Okay, so, the original intent was to be pvp and you feel it failed. Well and good. If it is not a pvp game anymore, then the devs need to adapt it to what it is if they want it to grow and continue. As to my comments regarding cheating. Please take note that I believe the majority of players don't but, that's not to say there aren't a few and I for one am not interested in competing on an unfair field. What would you use alts for? I would think a war mode player would know how they could be used to take advantage but, just to name two ways in which an alt can be used 1) used to list for the main/synd. 2) healed up and used as a wp farm for the main/synd but, left dead so other war players can't get points off it. I also didn't say the opportunities for cheating in war mode were limited to the use of alts. If you haven't seen obvious alts being used for the purpose of war mode, you are either blind or refuse to acknowledge the obvious. I doubt there is one person playing on either armor or kong that will read this and not know of the player that quickly levelled up to level 666 then promptly joined warmode, demobed everyone, and has been kept at that lvl for over a month while being used as a hitlist mule to either boost wps or transfer funds amongst other players. How this account (and it's synd for that matter) has not been banned is beyond me but, it is a blatant example that most players are fully aware of.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  8. Striker1

Striker1 New Member

Well it's obvious there are alts in war mode. It's an issue that needs to be addressed not by just banning the alternate accounts, but to take action against the rule breakers that continuously make the alt accounts. Kano says they wanna "preserve the player base" & make the rule breakers "learn their lesson" about making alt accounts. 100+ banned accounts shows that punishments are not working & that Kano needs to seriously step up & enforce their rules on players who are continually cheating. Seeing the rule breakers keep playing & making more alts just makes me say: "to hell with the rules, how about I make some dozen alts because I'm certain I won't be banned." It's a bad message to send to players. Some alts frustrate other players & alt owners have an unfair advantage to others. Kano just needs to enforce their rules :) get rid of the cheats!

graveyardgabby and Reefer like this.
  9. Jess

Jess Active Member

All of the social activities like WarMode and SyndWars require some tweaks. Not only in rewards but also in the system they operate in.
    Hopefully Kano sees it and will take action soon.

For now, I'd leave the reward as they are, and perhaps adjust the WM/SW better in order to gain more participants. After that focus on the payouts.

Reefer likes this.
  10. graveyardgabby

Well, I'm very glad to see some support/confirmation of what I am seeing from current and retired war mode players. Reading you posts, makes me think about the rewards issue. I know a lot of people feel better rewards would attract more players. Of course I really only hear that from war mode players who stand to gain from it and I doubt anyone not in war mode really cares one bit at this point. That said, they are without a doubt correct. If the rewards were greatly increased and paid out to a larger number of syndicates, I'm sure some people would go in for the rewards alone whether they enjoy it or not. The truth is however, if you make an event or activity really fun, people will participate even if there are no rewards. Make it more fun/interesting and clear out the cheats first, then worry about adjusting the rewards.

Reefer likes this.
  11. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

A big problem with warmode is that it's biggest detractors are those who have never participated. I'm not saying it's perfect but with a little bit of work it could be a lot of fun for everyone (All levels included).

12. graveyardgabby

It's tough for me to disagree as I have never played war mode. Non war mode players probably are among its biggest detractors but, I think there a probably a few out of the many that have tried it and quit that are a little more opposed to it. I would wager that more have tried it and quit than there are that actually play it. But, here's the thing, war mode is simply not appealing to the majority of players. That's why so many don't try it. You can say that's because they are scared, afraid to die, aren't team players, blah, blah, blah. It doesn't matter. It is not appealing to the vast majority of players as it is right now. It also probably has a higher proportion of cheating going on because, it is an activity that is easily exploited.

It is truly a shame because, the people that do play it, are probably among the most dedicated and loyal players on lcn. I've made no secret I'd like to see it retired but, that's only if it remains in it's current form. I really don't want you or any other war mode player to lose what is probably their favorite aspect of the game. What I would like is for war mode to be improved (and not just in rewards) to give it mass appeal, for the opportunity for cheating reduced, and the participants be held to tos.

13. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

No one's saying it's because they're not team players. There's teams outside of warmode, it's not exclusive to WM.

For whatever the reason, people don't see WM as rewarding enough for the hassle. I thought by increasing the rewards it would make it seem more rewarding to everyone...

Apparently not.

o_O

14. graveyardgabby

I truly don't know what the issue is with war mode. I know for myself what makes me say no way and I know from chat what some other players don't like about it but, for most, I have no clue what keeps them from joining. To be honest, I really don't know what people like about war mode and would be interested to hear what attracts you and others to that activity. I've asked some war mode players and they seem to have trouble putting into words what exactly it is they find so fun about it. The usual response is, it's just fun, try it or something along those lines. It's that or, it helps them level which, is another thing that I couldn't care less about. I'm thinking of starting a poll to see what it is that keeps most people from playing war mode but, i have to come up with a decent list of possible answers. If I do end up making a poll, hopefully, some more people will also post comments etc., so that the devs might get a better handle on why this activity is so unpopular and come up for some ideas on how to improve it.

15. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

It's an extra feature to the game.

It helps with both hit list and fight kill achievements.

It opens players up to people you would otherwise not be opened up to.

It adds a lot of interesting strategy to the game where as without there is little.

16. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

The problem with WM and even SW is that every other synd is playing for 2nd place. Once a few months back SW went to a different synd. I cant remember the last time a different synd won WM. However rules should not be adjusted just so some other synd has a chance at winning but if there are rules in place and they are being violated they should be enforced.

17. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

I'm definitely up for better rewards... Currently the active warmode synds spend way more than they earn back in xp at the end of the week for winning... If the rewards were better, more synds would likely join warmode! :D

18. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

It's up to other people to form a syndicate capable of winning. On Kong/armor FKN by no means have the best 25 players.

If people want to win there is absolutely nothing stopping them but themselves.

19. RedTurtleGames

I think maybe the rewards for first, second and third place each week should be on par with the SW rewards...

20. RedTurtleGames

War mode and syndicate wars are cool parts of the game, because they are the places where syndicates need to come together and use teamwork to win.