[Other] voiding a bounty

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Eraser

Eraser Member

I can tell you exactly who it is that suggested it, it was Jorge "the cool kid", "spiderman", "JIC" "Moes husband" and everboydies favorite "the ladies". Just some youngster from Myspace zombie slayer.

It was in a time that there was a lot of fingers being pointed at people about autoclick on the hitlist. and he suggested it, as a simple way to prevent it. How much programing the devs put into it ; Weither or not its a way of detection no way to be for sure but it was implemented within 48 hours of it being suggested.

I really dont think it would get you banned for not answering it right away, and if it did. You could get unbanned thru email. esp with a corresponding convorsation here in the forum.

"I was there at the computer, I just couldnt answer it because i was riding the list and being attacked."

ps. nothing will pressure the devs to come out with new detection methods, or remodeling the ones that are in place faster than them being proven ineffective.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

What would be the point of this security feature if not to catch automation users and then to discipline them?

Ive really no doubt that I personally could prove my innocence if I was frozen, Kano has gotten so many complaints about me over the years I may possibly have one of the most scrutinized accounts out there...they know im squeaky clean. But I really dont want to even deal with an illegitimate suspension for a couple of reasons.

1. Snail mail is not very efficient...who knows how long it would take to get thawed. Most if not all Kanos troubleshooters and problem solvers are gone on the weekends(thats why alt n bot use is way worse on the weekends)...can u imagine if u got frozen on a Friday....lol

2. Its easy to tell if a high profile account is frozen even if unjustly....regardless of reason or length of a suspension the offending account is removed from the leader boards for the duration. God forbid u should be unjustly frozen and some of the idiots around here catch wind of it. I remember the one time I was frozen on accident (Kano admitted to that publicly here in the forums) years ago for only 4 minutes due to a glitch caused by Kano pushing new code at the time it happened, within minutes of my wrongful suspension it was being slung around in the clan feeds, forums and even you tube that I was a cheater....lol. Not gonna name names....but the parties behind all that are still here in the forums slinging mud at me every chance they get...persistent little buggers...I'll give em that...loll

3. Eraser

Eraser Member

Even if it couldnt bust you, it would still sereve the purouse... that you couldnt auto-hunt anymore. I was always under the impression that was the only purpouse that it served.... Admins/devs????? anytime would be a good time to chime in here.

I sent a pm to kendal... being that he has the magic wand.

by the way polish you should clear out some of your messeges. i had been trying to Pm you so we could discuss a solution without flooding the threads/making every comment public. but you're maxed out on saved messeges.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  4. polishpimp

will do....i seem to have to clear that dang thing all the time...lol

5. i see no problem with maths that are there to against bots,scripts and auto play programs ...
    if there any one who try to skip maths - will get frozen ..
    i think its a good thing that kano have maths on bounty ..
    also fast healing button give players way to heal 100% and fast so if any auto play program run on bounty that will abuse game and more normal players will get upset .. so thanks to Kano for heads up
    sorry polish i give one star to your idea :confused:

6. polishpimp

lol...im not suggesting they get rid of the "math" so reasons for your vote are BS, but I expect nothing less from u Para.

7. big papa Grendall

big papa Grendall New Member

to get kano to alter the app in his favor i give 1 star its a bad idea the math equation was put in to help get rid oof bots script and any auto play cheating i think it has worked i dont think kano should change it back because in week after they do they will have 50 threads asking for it back and thier in box full people complianing of people suspected of using bot and scripts bad idea

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
  8. my comment was specificity about bounty ride polish :)

9. polishpimp

I was not asking them to get rid of the math at all...even for the bounty ride

10. polishpimp

Not asking them to get rid of the math or to change anything back to the way it was.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
  11. polishpimp

Im not asking for a refund... the refund would go to the lister which wouldnt help me at all as none of u can ride the bounty long enough to activate the math

12. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

one solution that was proposed was the suspension of the attacks on the rider until the math question is answered .

not a bad solution as long as the question is answered in say 5 to 8 seconds . that should be plenty of time .

if the question isn't answered in time the attacks could resume and the account could be frozen or suspended with increasing penalties for multiple infractions . after say three violations the account should be deleted .

13. polishpimp

Give me a break....Paras thread was not meant to be taken seriously and this idea is completely diff than my first. Kano said my first idea was not possible so im offering an alternative

14. polishpimp

totally fine with 5-8 seconds.

15. LOLOLOLOL, ROTFLMAO!!!

Btw, when he isn't being a jerk, which isn't often, the person who posted the suggestion of limiting the suspension of attacks while on bounty to 5 to 8 seconds actually has a good idea. Gee, I hated admitting that! lol

16. Eraser

Eraser Member

Im not too much on that.... There are loads of reasons that somone could hit the math problem... but not be able to answer it in that 5-8 seconds... say... in that verry instant your 4 legged frined unplugs your computer.... or, you make the mistake of trying to answer it and press enter and it refreshes your whole browser... or by some chance that right in those 5 seconds, your router our your power goes out.

no bueno! not good to automatically ban somone for any reason.

17. Ghengis Krom

Ghengis Krom New Member

after 11,000 plus bounty kills, it has only hindered me a handful of times, i see no problem with it

18. Eraser

Eraser Member

The issue at hand is not surrounding the bounty hunter, but the one riding the lightning.

This is about getting a math problem when you are trying to stay alive, and getting knocked off by somone because of it.

19. Ghengis Krom

Ghengis Krom New Member

ahhhhh, sorry a blonde moment....hehehe

20. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Not bad Gene.5 to 8 seconds is totally enough time.
    That much I'll agree on you with.
    However,Skywalker also brings up a good point about reasons you couldn't answer it in time.
    I had one of the weirder reasons as to why I wouldn't be able to answer it in time.
    I just had to replace my mouse since it kept cutting out and refused to work.

So the account shouldn't get deleted.
    Temp frozen perhaps,but not permanent when there's just too many reasons as to why it couldn't be answered.
    Now I never seen the equation,but if Kano can see someone still clicking even with the equation there,THEN that would be grounds for freezing it permanent.