[VC] Viking Clan Slap Blocking

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Dobrt, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Dobrt

Dobrt New Member

I would like to suggest either a "counter slap" or a "slap-trap". There is a "defence" for attacks and bounties why not slaps as well?

This would reduce the "slap and hide" people and help to prevent higher level people from continually slapping lower level players.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

No TY.

Slaps are already pretty lame...I cant see making them any less effective than they already are. I just cant see spending/using any resources on something that might potentially do 1 damage.

Personally I think the minimum damage a slap can cause should be capped as one increases in level or health. The way it is currently the max damage a slap can cause is limited by the lesser of the two players involved heth....this makes zero sense to me. The more powerful player if anything should do more damage via a slap on a lesser opponent than that of a more powerful one. A players slap damage range increases as they rise in levels and add to their health which actually decreases the odds of a good slap....once again this makes zero sense and actually defies the logic of strengthening ones account.

Obviously there has to be some type of middle ground, as it stands now once players are done with "protection status" they are free to be slapped by anyone once an hour. If high level players brought there full force to bare against low level players every time the kills would be almost limitless. Personally Im cool with that idea as I think they deserve it and feel a player achieving success in these games should be rewarded not create more limits for them. But Im not foolish enough to think thats ever gonna happen because we all know some players would take it to the extreme. Perhaps an unprovoked slap against a much lower level player should be limited in the way it currently is...but if that lower level puts themselves on the higher levels rival page perhaps a narrower slap range should come into play....one more in keeping with what the higher level player has achieved in these games.

I find it humorous when low level players put themselves on a higher levels rival list and then bitch and moan about being bullied because the higher level player kicks the crap outta them for 24 hrs. If a higher level player was allowed to slap more in keeping with there actual strength....then they would most likely kill the much lower level in short order and they would no longer be able to be attacked for 24 hrs. If the lower level chooses to continue to put themselves on the higher levels rival list and the kills begin to rack up....whos fault would that be?

in the end....I think its pure silliness that I have a much better chance of killing someone closer to me in levels with a slap than the other way around and that that the current slap system actually promotes whats some players deem as bullying. I say give them a clear black or white choice....mess with someone u shouldnt be...and die...Or dont and live. This would allow higher levels to get what they have earned and offer the more intelligent/self controlled lower levels a clear choice....

3. Dobrt

Dobrt New Member

Unfortunately I have to disagree, as I've seen many people that were chieftains or in the same clan leave because of the slap issue. The few that remained that I chatted with, and I include myself actually would like to see it disappear completely. But if slaps were allowed counter-slaps or blocks then at least the most annoying of the "slap and hide" or the "slap and let the higher clan members bounty" idiots will stop.

IMO the slap function is the major reason which causes people to leave, mostly for the reasons you have indicated.

If the function cannot be removed completely then I would prefer the options I suggested in the OP.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  4. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Gotta give it a 1.

Its a battle game.

Slaps are part of it.

Slaps only dish at most 5% of the lower health players health.

Its not like a high level is gonna take full health off a lower player or any player.

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

LOL...players leave for a ton of diff reasons...I hardly think the slap feature is the leading cause. For players that do leave because of this feature....bummer...but obviously they shouldnt have been playing this type of game in the first place. Most if not all have been killed by axe slaps regardless of their level. If someone is routinely getting killed by axeslaps than its most likely their own fault. Either they made enemies of the wrong person or group of persons (which is 90% of the games btw), or they are woefully neglecting certain aspects of their game like health or signing in and healing not nearly enough. Because someone doesnt have as much time as someone else is not a reason to alter the game...how does it make sense to give less options to those that actually do spend more time here...you know...the ones that make these games go round. Lets not forget that the games are all about slapping, attacking and killing at their very core and are designed to reward such actions. There are plenty of other games out there that offer a more peace loving atmosphere......a change of games rather than a change to the game might be order for those that cant stomach the way these games have been played from day 1.

6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I star I gotta agree with polish and Protector, it is fighting game, and not for everyone, if people leave there are always new ones coming in every day.

7. Dobrt

Dobrt New Member

The problem is......the game needs people to start and most of the "ignorant" slappers pick on the ones who are just getting involved.

I did state allow slap blocking to prevent the few players who only can slap and hide, or eliminate.......there are options.

IMO if you cannot battle and constantly slap, you should go play the farm or fishing games.

8. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Theres the 30 day protection for new players...

Anyone under that protection cannot get slapped except by those in range.

9. Stanley Toohey III

Stanley Toohey III New Member

I think they should get rid of all counter attacks :rolleyes: but that is just me. But if your going to have counters for lower level players the limit should be higher than ten. A guild and sometimes many can all target the same low level. That is 25 at the very least you may need to put at least one counter against. So 10 times each person lets say the limit should be 500. 50 is plenty for bounties since they can only place one at a time. That is 2 guilds you can defend against at one time where the counters only allow you to defend against one person if that. I tend to run right through the 10 counters then punish the person for even thinking it. I get more than 10 attacks normally before they are hiding in the hospital setting more. But lets jump over to slaps. I think it should outright kill anyone in the hospital. Slapping a lower level pest is not effective enough for higher level players. Higher level players despite being called bullies are normally slapping not for the experience or fun of it. It is often requested of their lower level friends who are being hit. But again that is just me :rolleyes: If slaps are taken out what would you put in its place? Without the slap vikings can just hit and run to the hospital for no fear of retaliation other than the bounty. But then you only need to place a trap and your all set to annoy anyone of any level...hmmm maybe I like this idea :cool: Nahhh! Keep the slaps. I think they should add a paid assassin that gives money players an edge. Make it consumable of course, 10 favor points for one assassination ;)

10. Axe Slaps Dealt: 51,346 - Axe Slaps Received: 17,574
    Axe Slap Kills: 3,361 - Axe Slap Deaths: 298 / i like that slaps just to help with kill count not many to fight so slapping them to death a good thing /LOL

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

LOL nice.

Very impressive.

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Axe Slaps Dealt: 56,714 Axe Slaps Received: 16,721
    Axe Slap Kills: 4,408 Axe Slap Deaths: 236
    YES IT IS JENNY LOL

13. nice kissmyace i am still 3000 levels below you so i got alot more levels to play catch but yes slap kills l are so nice to get my face acct is about 1700plus slap kills but i am still a low level but then again you should know that you killed me a few times ..LOL.>>>>>> but i plan to get 10k in slap in face book just to do it ,

14. saywhy

saywhy New Member

Dobrt I would have to agree with the rest of the ppls who added to this post. Axe slapping is a part of the game. I myself am a lower level in the game, who has been a victim of higher levels axe slapping me(coughing HB), but that is not going to drive me away from the game. Really it helps me understand what I need to work on, which gives me a better account. I haven't been slapped a lot, but if I do happen to get killed off of a slap, well it's just a stat.
    Axe Slaps Dealt: 3,232 Axe Slaps Received: 118
    Axe Slap Kills: 1,360 Axe Slap Deaths: 0
    Also as HB stated I like to slap. Kills are a great part of the game which goes unrecognized because there are no achievements for them, which I believe there should be...

15. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

It's always a pleasure to kill with a slap and always a bit annoying to be killed with one - great - I think it enhances what is a combat game. Like it's been said above - if you don't like combat games don't play them - simples.