Viking Clan Guild Wars is a total mess

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Hank Kershell, Apr 5, 2012.

?

would greater rewards make you more likely to participate in Viking Clan Guild Wars?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    67.9%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hank Kershell

Hank Kershell Member

obviously the rewards for winning are pretty sad and that is why most of the major guilds choose not to participate, in fact I would assert that XPs alone as a reward are a total joke. You want to get more teams to participate award players in the top 3 war guilds a combination of XPs, an item drop and God Points based off how many War points a player scores, obviously a player scoring 300 War Points has not done anything to deserve anything other than some XP, but lets say a player scores, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000 or more they deserve far more than some XPs, because of the time and effort invested in the game, if you throw out those incentives and you will find many more guilds participating. and regardless of where the team finishes any player scoring 5000 or more War Points in a season deserves a nice reward for their dedication. when is it a bad thing to reward players for investing their time in your game? I am in one of the two major war guilds, and if thing don't change you will likely be left with one team playing by themselves beating up teams that have maybe 2 or 3 players playing a day.

2. kayjay

kayjay Guest

then everybody would want better things in all areas of the game then

3. Hank Kershell

Hank Kershell Member

isn't the job of the game's creator to provide incentives, what are the incentives for being in Guild Wars, and I never said only players scoring those many points was just throwing those number out for examples. but honestly only having 2 major guilds participating shows that whoever came up with Guild Wars has failed miserably, sorry, harsh words but numbers don't lie

4. Angela

Angela New Member

I think this is a good idea, it would encourage players to participate more. Lots of times the war list is dead, the more people in it, the more time I would stay on the site playing. Plus being active, you spend a lot of gold bountying. By having a chance to earn a special item would give me more reasons to spend more of my gold. :)

5. Eric

Eric Administrator

One of the biggest requests we've had is additional stats tracking for Guild Wars. We are working on the following updates:

Better Stats tracking:
    -wins, losses, damage dealt, damage received etc. between warring guilds
    -you will be able to see your progress vs another Guilds progress clearly on enemy profiles
    -tracking vs stats between Guilds will open up some opportunities for additional xp payouts dependent on Guild vs battles along with xp payouts based on your season totals. (Reward xp in planning)

Season interface on profile page:
    -will be more informative and include a comparison when viewing target Guilds vs your own

Latest War list:
    -latest wars between Guilds will show up on a list page

Any other ideas or feedback you have on the interface, rewards or anything on your mind about the feature let us know!

6. Kacey

Kacey New Member

Favor points as a reward would maybe entice others to join...I like that idea..

7. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

SWEEEEEET....can never go wrong with more stats...TY!

8. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

I was going to throw in my 2 cents ...then i realized this might be a discussion for the Myspace players of VC... because in FB /VC we have GW participants and several pages of guilds partaking...... Maybe a separation for FB/VC and MS/VC in the discussion boards would be beneficial..But i do agree some what with the idea of better rewards for the top 3/5 guilds at end of season....

As a leader im so looking forward to the ability to view more detailed stats !!

Wouldnt it be a benefit to all VC players to be merged into one ..?? bring Myspace players to FB...then there shouldnt be any complaining about lack of players in the GW for MS...as MS doesnt have the player totals that FB has ..they could only benefit from this !

9. I agree with LaScepter..Defo need a ms / fb split as it does get confusing..The initial idea is good there should definately be more reward other than xp for finishing the season..Should be Guild place finish reward and personal points overall reward aswell. Wouldn't be fair if a guild of 10 members does like 5k+ points each but because of lack of members they dont get good rewards..so definately personal points rewards should be done.

10. Dutchman

Dutchman Member

As it is right now, we have (3) THREE guilds participating in the war games on Myspace. All other guilds are (lets be honest) just fake guilds, that are used to bounty over and over to get the 9 WP's from.
    I would suggest to take away also the 9 WP's you get when a high level player is throwing a low level player up. So nobody gets points at all if a player is bountied that is out of the bounty zone, for example a level 4000 is bountying a level 455. This will eliminate the abuse on low level players. Maybe this will increase the lower level players participating in the war games. Lets face it do you want to play when you are getting bountied 40-50-60 times a day, because they can get 9 WP's out of you.
    Further something should be done about the bounty amounts. Some account are 40-60 Trillion to bounty. There are a hand full that can afford that kind of amount. Suggestion here, why not reset all bounty amounts each day, and start at 500B for all, no matter what level you are. Now lower levels are able to bounty players that are in their bounty zone.
    KANO, you must do something fast, or there will be NO guilds left that play in the war games.

11. or as LaScepter mentioned..how about moving the accounts to FB and join us here??? If at all thats possible.

12. polishpimp

Im not down with the bounty reset idea and I really dont like resetting all the bountys to a like lower amount for all...it would totally negate any purpose of having built ones empire. Higher levels already cant score as many points as lower levels due to level restrictions, your idea would only widen that gap allowing low levels to score more for less while the higher level got even less opportunity than they have now.

13. Eric

Eric Administrator

I've removed the off topic posts, lets keep this thread on wars discussion or it will be closed.

@Dutchman, thats a good point, the war points offered should be inline with the challenge of the fight, we will evaluate the points offered for the different cases and keep you guys posted.

Like i mentioned before, lets hear your feedback, as this feature is actively being developed on.

14. Hank Kershell

Hank Kershell Member

the facts are the facts, at least in the myspace version of Viking Clan, what is being offered by the people who oversee the game does not entice most guild to participate in the War Seasons, and at this rate PIMP will be the only active War Guild left in Viking Clan in the next 30-60 days, and if that is what you are aiming for then don't change anything

15. ViPCEO

ViPCEO Member

are we talking mergers, woo hoo thats sounds great, more players to beat on, developers should get busy making this happen...or I have an idea, lets have a FB vs MS Showdown, like the Superbowl, or like the NCAA Tournament MARCH MADNESS IN VC, have brackets and eliminations sweet 16 all the way to the final four wow what bragging rights that would be.

16. polishpimp

What do u mean when u say "the WP offered should be more inline with the fight"? The suggestions i see Dutchman making here are...

1."take away also the 9 WP's you get when a high level player is throwing a low level player up."

The highest of levels are already severely handicapped by only getting points for listing someone a 1/3 of there level. Are u suggesting that they also shouldn't be able to help out by helping their guild mates get points for catching? I thought this was a team event. What would be left for the highest of levels? They would essentially end up being a hindrance to their guilds. At the moment....being able to toss bounties for our fellow guild mates is the only thing that helps compensate for their lack of players they can score on themselves via setting bountys. The players catching the bounty may very well be of a similar or lower level as the player being listed...why would they be penalized because the one doing the listing is of a higher level?

2."something should be done about the bounty amounts. Some account are 40-60 Trillion to bounty. There are a hand full that can afford that kind of amount. Suggestion here, why not reset all bounty amounts each day, and start at 500B for all"

YIKES! This would negate the whole point of increasing ones income/bounty, Lets not forget that bountys generated by GWs are available to every player in the games.

"Start at 500 billion for all"? what about players whos bountys arent that high to begin with?

I for one have worked damn hard to get my bounty to where it is....I dont think me or anyone else should be penalized because others havent. When guild wars first came out Bounties stayed at their base amount and that was a colossal failure was it not?

Bountys already reset in every 24 hrs so i dont see the point with that suggestion.

Having a standardized lower bounty amount is not only unfair but it will actually increase the the so called abuse of bounties by a larger segment of mid level payers...the only diff is that the very few ultra high level players would be getting cut off at the knees....self serving much? Guild wars has already "gelded" the highest of levels and is only a mere shadow of what is was originally presented to be for levels of ALL ranges. Let everyones hardwork pay off for a change and let r stats speak as they should or whats the point of building ones account to be stronger?

If ya want more players/guilds to compete in the GWs then appeal more to their greedy nature and make it exclusive to the GWs. For starters....make the bounty's generated by the GW stay with the GW. Secondly.....Offer large incentives exclusive to GW participation... basically make it worth there while...offer up some favor points, skill points and limited items just for participating. As it stands now ....even the rewards for winning GW is meager for all it entails, the only real incentive is pride and bragging rights. If I didnt have a guild that was driven by pride....I wouldnt be participating either. Offer up some FP , increase the participation rewards and make bountys exclusive to the wars and watch them greedy lil turrds push each other outta the way to sign up.

In the end... A couple of high leveled players in one guild does not win the GWs...its the dedication and determination of the entire guild. Thats the real issue throughout the entire game.....most players simply arent as driven as others or simply dont have the time. Appeal to there greed and u will get more participation, the more participation u get....the less likely individuals will be singled out.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  17. Kacey

Kacey New Member

I agree with Dutchman, killing a level 300 over and over for points is too easily abused. Taking away the nine wp for every kill after the first one would stop that. Especially for players even below 300 which the ones in the gw right now won't even attack me so therefore I can't even get any points off of them....but yet I see others listing them up to 30 times in one day. The favor points are a great idea to get more players to join but I still do not know if that would even work. Hope something is done soon our rivals total at 38 atm....and that is the lowest i've ever seen it. Not really even worth playing..Whatever is done I hope we can get more involved...otherwise there will be no guild wars.

As far as bounty price I believe raising lower levels prices to 500 bil starting is a good idea to give them more of a chance but I think everyone who is above 500 bil it should just stay the way it is.

Also as far as bounties only being able to be collected by warring guilds doesn't seem fair to me as a bounty is put in place for any and everybody to attack....just because a guild is not participating shouldn't make them not have the same right to bounty hunt as the rest. Just my opinion either your lucky/good enough to have your guild catch it or your not...no big deal in the long run...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  18. Dutchman

Dutchman Member

Polish, you know and I know, that these war games are with 1 foot in the grave. 38 on our war rival list. 25 of your guild, and the rest (13) are coming from 2 other guilds. That makes 11 remaining guilds (2 guilds are not even showing up because they are not playing and not scoring points) to be complete fabricated, and for the sole purpose to be bountied over and over, so that about 80% or more will be collected by that particular guild. (you know how the game works)
    If KANO does not come up with some kind of plan that will make more players join the war games, then I am strongly thinking about to call the war games dead, and I will be pulling out of the games. Chances that whole guild will pull out are increasing.
    So KANO, I put the ball in your court, and go back to the drawing board, and come up with a different game plan, if not, consider the games history.

19. BLACKDETH

BLACKDETH Member

some of these ideas were put forward by me in the ideas forum and I hope, with some small measure of satisfaction, KANO is now beginning to consider them and ways to go about implementing them. I suggested some changes to the points as well for wars but no one seemed to offer up much commentary on this.

Im bored with it. The problem is that wars becomes less and less engaging as fewer and fewer guilds participate. We are in 5th place in FB with just about 10 people contributing points. I've gone from doing 18,000 wps in a real hectic, prison-riot like week to less than 6,000 now...its as i said, boring.

20. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

I made the suggestion as a way to help those in MS/VC have better access to other guilds in the Guild Wars..A showdown..LOL...naaaa ..not at all what i was suggesting..why would it be a bad idea to merge FB/VC & MS/VC ??

And where do you play ViPCEO ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.