[VC] VC World Boss

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wonder Woman, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Active Member

We apologize, a mistake was made while updating the schedule of the boss that may have reset some players progress of attacks against the "Nidhogg the Dragon", but we have moved the "Legion of Tyr" to run alongside it for a double header world boss.

2. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

So we arent get the rewards for the dozens of attacks we already had on "nidhogg the dragon"?

JJ said after it reset...she went and hit it again and it still said she hadnt hit it

3. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Got the same report from someone in my guild.

4. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

In an effort to accommodate those that had hit "Nidhogg the Dragon" before it was reset we have reduced the required # of attacks to earn the kill rewards by 50% for this instance only.

5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Can either of you see the attack from the "Guild Leaderboard" in the World Boss instance?

Otherwise please PM me with the user_id and network the player who is missing their attack.

6. polishpimp

I i believe i hit the boss twice since the reset but the guild leader board says ive hit it once. JJ hit it once but the leader board says zero. Many others in the guild were set back to zero as well...while others still show all there previous hits

7. Okay, here's what happened in my case, not sure if everyone is experiencing the same. I had between 35 and 40 hits on the Nidhogg boss. Suddenly, when I had an opportunity to hit it a bit more than four hours ago, it said it was my first hit and I got the base exp. with no bonus exp. for my multiple hits. Then, it also showed me as having zero hits on that boss in the guild leader board. I waited four hours and hit it a short time ago. I will post what it showed at the end of this post.

My ONLY concern is the exp. I am entitled to when the boss dies along with the bonus exp. for each additional hit that has apparently been reset. Putting up another world boss does NOT address that issue. Since the weapons/warriors are of no use to me, I am not worried about getting them. However, a lower level player would certainly be screwed if they don't get them.

I understand, stuff happens, errors occur. As long as the bottom line, meaning the exp. I should receive, is fixed according to the time and stamina I have put into this world boss, then it's all good. The last Nidhogg should be fairly representative of what I've done on this boss in the past. Thank you.

You are the 2055th Viking to join this battle. Help defeat the boss to earn rewards.
    You earned +12,525 XP for joining this World Boss Battle.
    +19,924,469 coins | +12,525 XP | 14 Health Lost | - 5 Stamina | 737,985 Health Damage Dealt This is probably my 37th or 38th hit on this world boss. If I am remembering it correctly. Didn't know it would be necessary to provide the info.

8. Dunk Nielsen

Dunk Nielsen Member

wow

wow u did many hits on it !!!! i did 21 and iam pretty steady at hitting the world bosses , and when i looked at the most in my guild BIG MIKE had 24 but u hit it 10 + times !!!!! WOW

9. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I have PM'd you twice now and received no reply. I have since gathered feedback from two other individuals who lost attacks on the boss. Since the XP reward is cumulative in bonus form, this was I thought the route to go to set the records straight. Next ...

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Sorry Kel I was sidetracked yesterday and did not get a chance to reply. As stated in this thread some attacks on the boss may have been lost when the scheduling error occurred and unfortunately we cannot re-sync these lost attacks. I understand that there will be some lost XP for cumulative attacks and I truly apologize for the inconvenience. As a token of goodwill we have reduced the required # of attacks to earn the kill rewards for this world boss instance and appreciate the players understanding with this mix up.

11. polishpimp

So this "token of goodwill" only applies to those who are missing their attacks? So players that lost their attacks essentially just wasted their stamina they used for a specific purpose and r now to use even more stamina to get what they had already earned?

Am I understanding this correctly?

12. Well, Smack, that isn't good enough. I lost an enormous amount of exp. with your screw up and I will not accept your lame attempt at "good will". That exp. is how I level and earn skill points and god pts. You better find a way to get that back to me and the others who were f**ked over. In the last couple of days, you Kano reps have really shown how little regard you have for the loyal players who provide your salaries. Keep it up and you will be standing on a street corner asking to work for food.

13. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

While I see no reason to refute your claims of having done any number of attacks on the World Boss, with the boss reset, it is next to impossible to prove that.

A lot of players will have lost xp, I personally chalk the loss up to "Sacrifice to the Machine Spirit". I have lost count of the times when a computer game decided to stop working shortly before I was able to finish a rather difficult or the last mission and I hadn't saved in a while.

Something like this happens and I doubt that Kano can magically restore the lost data. Try to make the best out of the opportunities you have now.