[VC] November 14th Update #2 - Chieftain Boss Battle Collection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

An update was released to Viking Clan today that allows you to collect Chieftain Boss Battle rewards directly from the Bosses page. This will eliminate having go to the boss list, get taken to the specific boss page, collect the reward and then have to go back to the boss list to continue collecting.

Go to your Bosses page and scroll down to Chieftain Boss Battles. Any bosses that have been defeated will now show a Collect Reward button like this:
    [​IMG]

The response from the Collection action is now posted in a modal:
    [​IMG]

Please let us know what you think about this change and post any comments/feedback in this thread.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  2. excellent update

3. kennycjr

kennycjr Member

New boss reward collecting, has kano completely lost thier minds on this one?

I understand that some ppl have been whining how it should be easier to collect bosses. So now we simply have a collect reward button for those bosses we've joined that are dead, fine. Course this now makes it nearly impossible to find the boss feed for the dead bosses (for whatever reason) or the boss owner (for a new boss to join from them, to peruse their clan feed, or whatever other of myriad possible reasons.) Myself, I preferred the system as it once was, when a link to the owner appeared right below the boss, would really like to know just what the rationale was for removing that feature.

how about giving us two buttons. collect reward or view boss? or give us a link to the boss or the boss owner somewhere within the boss listing?

kano, i love you. i think vc is great, just wish you'd stop trying to ruin the game. i think your forums and your response to feedback is far better than any other social game developer. Just wish you'd stop being so annoying and irritating. Much more of this and I'll have no choice but to find another lover, or least some sort of sporadic, interim lover when i find i can no longer stand you, and just need a break. ferion keeps beckoning, least i know there's a developer that won't implement any changes without substantial community feedback.

4. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I see your point about having access to the boss view from the bosses page when it is dead. I think we can find a compromise by linking the bosses name to the view page. So from the first screenshot above the name "Serpent Sorceress" could always be linked to that bosses Battle page, regardless if it is dead or not.

Does this seem like a happy medium?

5. kennycjr

kennycjr Member

course my thread being forced into being a post here, now makes it impossible for me to post a poll. guess i'll just hafta sort out making a fb poll.

6. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I am not trying to be a jerk I am just trying to keep all the feedback in once place. It serves no one to have multiple threads regarding this change in VC. If you want to start a poll then be my guest, I am just trying to keep this feedback organized, especially given the increased activity to the forums in the last week.

7. kennycjr

kennycjr Member

8. i know id like to see this

9. kennycjr

kennycjr Member

that'd work. either a link to the boss, or the boss summoner, doesn't rightly make much of a difference. Though myself I'd rather have a link to the summoner, to finally fix the irritation caused when the summoners link was removed from just below the boss view.

However, I really don't know why anyone would want to go back to a dead bosses page, I'd only want to go there to get to the summoner's profile to peruse their feed, to see if they have a fresh boss up, or any other of various myriad reasons. ya already have the summoner's name in the boss listing, why not just make it a link to their vc profile?

sorry, if i seem to be a bit heated. just that i absolutely despise the new forum framing, so now i only ever come on the forums when there's something in vc i'm irritated about, only to get even more irritated by the new forum framing.

10. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Hey Smack,

What about a link for the curious on the "award" screen", the second shot as a possible solution? That way collect, go look if you like, or carry on playing however you like. I have a bias against boss hogs and I do like to see who is doing it and who isn't.

vcmodal.jpg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  11. kennycjr

kennycjr Member

i see your point of wanting to check the boss to see if anyone's been hogging it. but if they'd link to the summoner's profile, it's pretty easy to find a link to the boss from the summoner's feed. just a bit more involved to find the summoner's link from the boss. this has been a peeve of mine ever since they mysteriously removed the summoner's link which used to be directly under the boss, on the bosses page.

12. Kel the Merciful King

13. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

SWEEEEEET....X-MAS COMES EARLY!

As a player who has to clear sometimes a hundred bosses a day......I LOVE THIS UPDATE!

The player link suggestion would be nice.

14. malific

malific Member

It´s a nice update but I´m in for adding a link to the boss page (to see who killed the boss/how long it took to die or anything you want to know about it).
    I´d rather make the boss name in yellow (i.e. "Serpent Sorceress") a link to the boss page, in case anyone wants to check out the info.

15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

The top post has been updated. You can now easily get to the Boss owner's profile as well as view the results of a defeated Chieftain Boss Battle.

16. Kel the Merciful King

Very nicely done :)

17. kennycjr

kennycjr Member

is this in reference to my point? or my point of seeing your point? :eek:p

and just how is it you're only a recruit on the forums? or was there a previous non-reincarnated form you took earlier?

18. kennycjr

kennycjr Member

tyty, well done. now how about fixing the framing of the forums? ;o) what's with your avie? ya couldn't find a worthy fractal? all sorts on myxer.com.

19. Kel the Merciful King

Recruit? I think I have a few more posts than that. Not sure what those status mean as well. Newbie would hurt ;)

20. LOL me too. We should be more than a recruit by now. Just wanted to post that I love the new boss collection as it is a major time saver. Thanks