[VC] January 29th Update - Removal of auto post boss kill message to social feed

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Over the weekend I was updating our Facebook Feed Publish calls to work with their latest supported version. While in the boss collect code testing the update out I noticed that once a boss is killed a post is added to the social feed automatically. So if a player clicked on "Share Rewards" to notify clan it would actually create a second post.

Now I have heard "rumblings" from users in the past about boss kill spam in the feed but did not look any further until yesterday. I then dug into it a bit more and turns out the auto kill message has one of the lowest click thru rates which indicates that this is a "spammy" post in the social feed. Maybe at one time this post served as a useful way to notify users to collect but with the increased visibility of bosses helped and ease of collecting from the boss list view, the usefulness of this post turns out to be more spammy than anything else.

The auto boss kill message has been removed. If you think I overlooked anything with respect to this change please let me know. I did not originally communicate it due to it being (what I think) a fairly minor change that should help reduce the spam in the social game feed but some players have sent in messages to support so wanted to make sure we were communicating this change now.

2. Maler

Maler Member

i noticed that the message dissapeared. didn't think much of it at the time. however, it is helpful. thank you.

3. ericvar

ericvar New Member

Excellent change, those messages make it hard to quickly scan for boss fights, as I scroll down and look for the word "boss" and my eyes keep seeing the "collect boss reward" which isn't very helpful. This should make the feed much more relevant and useful. Much easier to just go to the boss tab and collect rewards.