[VC] Guild Wars Open Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Mikael Markkula

Mikael Markkula New Member

I think this Guild war should be deleted.

2. odin's mommee

odin's mommee New Member

but, lower levels should also know that they have no hope of leveling up because they will be killed repeatedly and their xp will be negative.
    no disrespect intended, but that just seems nonsensical.
    yes, i'll just turn off the feature, but it's kind of like we're left out and by simply having turned it on, i lost members of my guild that had been with me over a year.
    i agree with those who inferred it was for bullies.

3. BLACKDETH

BLACKDETH Member

You must be losing..lol

None of you are safe....MUAUAHAHAHAHAHA

BLACKDETH
    Royal Vikings of Valhalla Raiders 22,567 1st Place
    1,777 WP POINTS

4. Maler

Maler Member

bad luck. should've read the forums more closely. well now you know how the game it's played. learn to like it or not.

5. Maler

Maler Member

Congratulations :)

6. Dutchman

Dutchman Member

unfair advantage

These war games will be ruled by levels 3000 and up. Lower levels will not be able to bounty high level players because their bounties are way to high. If a low level attacks a high level for war points, it opens them up to be attacked over and over and over. I think many guilds will try it, but many players will leave those guilds, even stop playing the game, or these guilds will opt out. What will end up is a hand full of uber guilds with high level players battling in the games.
    Kano the war games is a good idea to spice up the game, but it becomes obvious it is only beneficial for the top 50 players.
    High level players can attack any player, and do not have to be worried to be attacked by lower levels. If so, they can crush them easy, and as many times as they want. Because there is not that much resistant for the higher levels, they will rack up all the war game points. So who ever has a guild with the most high level players is almost automatically the winner each season. Is this really what you want Kano???? This is giving high level players all the advantage, and Kano you are not thinking about the low level players. We will see what will happen, but I already know what the outcome will be...

7. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

sy to hear your losing guild members.....but apparently they werent all that loyal after all....if u have opted out...why havent they come back?

The fact u didnt educate yourself b4 just jumping in means u have no one to blame but yourself....the guild wars and its intent have been splashed all over the forums for months....do u not come up here and read unless u have something to complain about? That seems a bit nonsensical.

What exactly r u being left out of???? If u want to be in the guild wars...then go ahead...if u dont then fine...there r many other options available to u. Im not keen on a couple aspects of the game myself....but i certainly dont feel left out....live and let live...to each there own.

Bullies??? reallly???? THATS WHAT GUILD WARS IS ALL ABOUT....KICKING ASS N TAKING NAMES....what part of that dont u understand? if u dont like it.....then go compete for the gamer point trophy.....or do u feel left out of that too ?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  8. polishpimp

I said "potential abuse"....meaning that it could be abused if left in place....Im not going to sit here and spell out how.....or some jerk off will run out and do it. NO worries.....I wasnt talking about the fact that u already tucked your tail and ran....lol

Why should a particular guild leader be embarrassed???? Because they claim to be the "true leaders" of VC and they talk smack all day long. But once again...no worries...weve shamed them into playing and they r currently being served up a big heaping helping of whoop ass! lol

JJ???? cant u read??? pretty sure it says Polishpimp there dont it? or r u try to insinuate something????? please elaborate

9. sofakingrich

sofakingrich New Member

Registered for the sole purpose of saying: These wars are retarded and don't work.

Could you please direct me to the person that posted the following:

"You know what would really improve this game and make it more enjoyable to play ..... Logging on to be bountied and axe slapped by people that are 1000-6000 levels above me. YAY"

because that is what you have created.

10. sofakingrich

sofakingrich New Member

its xxx..... nuff said

if language is an issue in this forum why is there not a filter?

11. polishpimp

U do realize u dont have to participate in them dont u? There r many other options available to u thru out the game...perhaps one of them would better suit u. This particular feature is for those who like this type of gaming action

12. jocularatrix

jocularatrix New Member

The guild I'm in is watching and waiting. Outside that guild, I'm hearing lots of grumbling about bullying, particularly by a guild or guilds filled with "clone" accounts used to set up bounties for their owner, a main, higher account. I only have this through rumor, not personal experience, though I was attacked repeatedly by one of those phony guilds months ago. I only bountied back the guild leader, so he slunk off went looking for a sucker who would fight his weak, low-level accounts chiefly used to set up bounties for him. It seems to me these guild wars wouldn't work well for his system.

13. A few concerns I have about guild wars from what I've seen so far....

1. The lower leveled guilds are going to be decimated as people take their 5 free shots and a slap against them surely resulting in more than a few kills on people just starting the game. More or less killing off a generation of new players that didn't realize that being in a warring guild meant they were fodder for EVERY other warring guild. Why should they play a game or spend money on a game that encourages people far out of their range to beat on them? This "free for all" system doesn't tie guilds into the game as you suggested it would. All you've done is remove the limit restraints, given everyone access to every warring guild, and encouraged higher levels to do a bit of bullying in the name of getting war points (or whatever you call them). My sense of fair play doesn't like this. I don't need to beat on a bunch of babies to make myself feel superior.

2. Bounty's doubling for people over a certain income is patently absurd. Why even add bounty points? I completely agree that below a certain income bounty's should double to keep a guild from chain bountying someone just for these points but I doubt a level 500 has a spare 20 trillion lying around to get those points because he logged on an hour too late to get the base... except for mini's, that is. Bounty's doubling for someone that's just starting to play the game makes sense but for someone with a 10 trillion dollar base? Seriously? What were you thinking?

3. What's the point of having "warring guilds" if you're not really warring against that particular guild? Guild A against Guild B would've been much better. What you've done is make it Guild A against Guilds B-Z. As it stands... A guild can claim superiority over every other guild without having to fight for it (See: Blackdeth RVV). This is just a variation of doing dailies. Stupid.

4. Pill poppers and Hit-n-hiders will have a field day with this. For example, just tonight, the leader of RVV ran into a trap of mine purposefully and logged off after hitting me for his points in order to avoid the bounty/slap/attacks that would've come had he not took the cowards way out. In essence, he just falsely inflated his guilds warring points. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The amount of time a member of a warring guild stays dead should have been factored into the equation somewhere. It's much easier to attack/slap/bounty members of opposing guilds that actually heal for any significant amount of time. As it stands... unless everyone in your guild is online during the half an hour (or whatever) that person might be alive.

5. Polishpimp likes it. That should tell you something. When the guy that believes 10k=40k gives you his stamp of approval it's time to scrap the idea and start again from scratch.

That being said... I liked the concept. It's the execution that has been a severe letdown.

14. Richard Clues

Richard Clues New Member

so this means one person can only attack you 5 times in a 24 hour time????
    WHY am i getting attacked by the same person 10-20 times in a row?????

15. Dylan J Robinson

Dylan J Robinson New Member

The old rules still apply Richard, if you hit anyone you open yourself up to being hit back, constantly.

16. Richard Clues

Richard Clues New Member

thats a joke when it says there is a 5 attack dailey limit!!!!

17. Dylan J Robinson

I and my guild TYRR joined in on the Guild Wars because it was new and we were bored :) we realised very quickly that the bully guilds ( i wont mention names, you and Kano know who you are) very quickly realised they could and did take full advantage of attacking/slapping and bountying low level players.

So to save our low level players the leader and the officers decided to pull out, but we couldnt :( have to wait 2 days ? then Kano changed it :) 24 hours :) but that was 30 hours ago and we STILL have to wait 8 hours as of now ( 1.38pm GMT Friday).

I Wonder how many players have simple given up and quit in the past 2 days ? i know that 2 in my guild have.

I thought that i would see more bounties pop up, i was correct, but do you think i could have a go at any of them ??? NO, i was constantly attacked by low levels whoring War Points.

Suspend Guild Wars and have a rethink Kano. for the sake of Viking Clan

18. Dylan J Robinson

Yes Richard i agree

19. polishpimp

There is a limit of 5 WP scoring per day (24 hrs). If they are in your range...they could attack u regardless...if they r not in your range....they cant attack u more than 5 times unless u attack them back. This was made clear numerous times

20. as said before

war is not for everyone

the rules were made CRYSTAL clear

if your the type that can handle the heat of being bountied multi times and attacked multi times in 24hrs

then wars are for you and have fun with them

if your a low level and can take the heat of war rules then you will go far in the game

if your a low level and cant take it yet..you may still go far and one day turn the tables

wars arent for everyone

thats why its optional

a guild at war cant use war rules against a guild not at war