[VC] Guild Wars Open Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eric, Nov 23, 2011.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

hmmmmmm....sounds ok to me as long as the "enhancements" you r considering dont give any extra edge to the lower levels. The fact that a higher level can only attack 5 tiimes b4 it reverts back to the original level restrictions seems fair enough considering the lower level can always use counters on that higher level without opening themselves up for 24 hrs

2. polishpimp

Are the guilds or at least their leaders going to be able to see who in their own guild is participating and what their running point total is? much like we can with the daily points?

3. polishpimp

"Bounties: If a war opponent is within XP range, on your Guilds War Rival list or in your Rival List, you can bounty that player 1 time before you reach your daily limit for that opponent. 5 War Points are rewarded for a successful bounty. For War Point bounties, attacker will always pay the base bounty cost."

A player needs to be within my xp range for me to bounty them for points? So basically ...i wont ever get to score a point via bounty unless they attack me first? I can still bounty them as much as i want if they are above level 300....just not for the points...right?

What constitutes a successful bounty? what if the player kills themselves on trap?

if a bounty of a warring guild member will always be at the base amount for those participating...what happens after youve done that bounty...does it return to the normal amount for the lister?

is the adjusted bounty that is placed on a warring guild member for points still available to everyone in the game or just those in participating in the wars?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  4. polishpimp

are the points awarded for kills limited.....does only one kill a day get points? for example....does a "points kill" have to happen during one of my 5 pointable attacks....or does any kill count within the 24 hrs as long as they are in a warring guild?

what if i kill them on all 4 slaps....does each kill get awarded points?

5. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Actually, in most cases, those 5 counters would already be on other players. Moreover, they would experience a quick 5 attacks and a slap, before they had a chance to counter, from an out of range higher level opponent. Don't forget, you can't counter a player who has not attacked you!

6. Interesting Thread to read :)

7. polishpimp

Very good point that u cant counter unless already attacked....maybe this is something that should/could be changed while engaged in the guild wars. I see counters as being a potentially great strategy for lower leveled players or anyone that knows there enemy.

Knowing who and when to set a counter on someone in regards to the wars may prove to be the winning edge as the point diff between winning or losing a particular battle to a particular opponent may very well be what a guild needs to push them over the top or have them crying in their soup

8. I want to jump into this conversation but I must state that to even have a good opinion on the matter the guild wars will have to go live for a couple days so we can field test it. I know you are trying to get opinions beforehand but we can't possibly forsee all the potential problems until we actually get our hands on what you have put together. I have read through this thread and so far on "paper" this thing looks pretty solid. I'm sure things will come up when it goes live. One thing I have seen more than anything it seems is the issue of protecting lower clans. If they are in a guild and are participating in a "war" then it's up to their guild to protect them the best they can. They don't need too much help from the game in this matter. War is war! Period. I have avoided the guild thing from the start but I'm seriously getting a bit interested in this. I hope this really does bring some fun back into the game.

9. polishpimp

They are currently testing it in LCN and Kano has admitted that its been a bit rocky. Theres a thread for that game http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?5325-LCN-Syndicate-Wars-Feedback-Suggestions.

I agree that there will be much to learn as we go along (half the fun if u ask me) and many bumps in the road, but as u said "war is war" and the gist of Kanos initial statement makes it pretty clear....this for people who want PVP action. Guilds and their leaders that want to participate need to take it upon themselves to inform their members of what it entails to insure that everyone is on board. If a guild would rather exchange recipes and practice underwater basket weaving they can go hidden....lol

Im trying to keep my entire guild up to date by publishing a link to this thread on a regular basis in our guild feed (along with few of my own opinions....lol). Im asking all guild member to contact me privately if they would rather not participate so we can get those who wish to participate in as replacements.

Personally I think this will be a great feature based on what the game was originally all about...fighting, killing and kicking back with friends with a bottle of mead while basking in the glory of victory or drowning our sorrows....lol.

Let me know when u make it over here to myspace.....u would look great with the tag "PIMP" in front of your name.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  10. Eric

Eric Administrator

polishpimp, We won't be changing the attacks against lower levels in wars, the enhancements I'm referring to is ways lower level players can contribute to their Guild because we're aware that many Guilds have a mixed group of players ranging in different levels and play style. Yes all members of the Guild can view the war points contributed by each member.

For the bounties, yes the range restriction is still in place, you'll receive points for the first bounty but after that you will not receive points, however you can still bounty as before. If you're killed by the trap then no points are awarded, the bounty doesn't happen. Bounty costs return to normal after the first bounty on a war target. The base bounty cost is only available when points are awarded for war participants.

For kills, each kill you're awarded points on top of the attack or punch points given. When the attacks and slaps are exhausted, then no more points are given even for a kill.

11. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Does the bounty trap earn the person setting it, WPS as a kill? And that is their "kill" on the other person for WPS?

12. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

they have tweaked it enough in MW for it to be the most exciting feature that they have ever come out with, its very intense

13. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

what kind of rewards will there be? how will the exp be tweaked? will there be new achievements pertaining to the wars? individual player rankings pertaining to the wars? an addition to the leaderboard or a separate one just for the wars? will there be extra gold along with the exp, rewards being level-based?

14. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

yes they are side by side so u see the gamer pts as well as the war pts that they have contributed...keep in mind that a player that leaves ur guild during the middle of a season means that u lose those season totals, they stay in ur overall totals but u lose them for the current season totals

15. Whitelock

Whitelock Member

okay this seems like a good idea... quick thought that came up, why don't you give a new guild category... right now we have settlers and Raiders, make one say "Warmongers" or something that says this guild competes with others in open pvp wars... this would clear up the issue of playing style, because "basket weavers" (As pimp calls them) will go to settlers, people who want daily points and have fights but not be committed to a war, mainly be like they are now, can go to raiders and then the guys bored with the current pvp system and the guys who want full on wars, can then go to the "warmonger" guilds and join them... The small problem of personal preference and style is then left in the hands of the players themselves... This is really a great idea, and I'm looking forward to having a real bunch of fights with higher levels, but we all know that there will be people who moan and complain and whine endlessly about them losing and higher players having advantages and what not. So then the ultimate here to make this launch smoother, would be to give the players their own choice... but I think personally that this is well thought through, Hopefully all goes well and there aren't issues, this would most certainly make the game a lot more interesting!

16. my guild is ready to start a war on vikings,so we all 25 wait for war

17. Æsir Warrior

Æsir Warrior New Member

Good idea if you want to create more drama, LOL!

18. I would like to see "Time spent in Valhalla" calculated into whatever formula you plan on using to determine the winning guild in order to stop some of these people from running into friendly traps to avoid being killed by the enemy. It's hard to kill an enemy that stays dead 23 1/2 hours a day to keep from being killed.

19. War points are being mentioned repeatedly in the description for Guild Wars. Is there some reward for amassing war points? Will it be like the Daily Gamer Points?

Will there be an XP reward based on the guild's overall performance in the war?

20. guineahen

guineahen New Member

question

okay - my guild opts in- someone thumps another war guild person and then what? Is everyone in my guild open to attacks from the other guild or just the original thumper? (If this posts --- third try and I'm getting errors)