[VC] Developer Update January 30 - Wars Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Eric, Jan 31, 2012.

1. You know what would be refreshing ? People being able to voice an opinion without someone trying to talk down on them for doing so. So many times I have seen people being called names like "moron" just for voicing an opinion. The name calling is getting old. People are growing tired of this one sided forum. It is no longer a decent place to discuss changes to better this game. It's became a little group of people trying to bash anyone against their views. It is no longer productive for the game.

2. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

why was my post deleted ? too much truth ? isn't that one of the complaints about the moderators ? they are biased ?

3. its still there

4. gene illugi

no ATHEISTIC SATANIST , my reply to this "players'" response to my prior post has been deleted . yet his post which isn't in keeping with the thread , it was a personal attack , is still there .there has been repeated charges of there being a bias displayed by the moderators going back to vampyress . i see no improvement as yet . the same people always seem to be able to say what they want and others who oppose them and their views are censored . if my post was deleted why wasn't the pimp's ?

5. MercenaryMissionary

MercenaryMissionary New Member

War bounties or not - Put them up and let's get going. I hear you there Gene... Biased, hacked, call it what you will.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  6. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Really Jerome?? seems to me in this thread alone u have been bashing on people and throwing around accusations that the game is run by a small group of players, In addition...you have stated that u r against war bounties being exclusive to war guilds yet have offered no real reason as to why other than to make the ridiculous claim that it would cripple your game (which u have yet to explain how).

If someone is a moron...they need to be told they r, I do that when someone is obviously blind to or dismisses the point someone is trying to make without even taking a moment to consider the alternate view or they r purposely trying to instigate something or distract from the true matter at hand. The simple fact that someone is wrong doesnt make them a moron...but continuing to argue the point over n over when its has been shown multiple times they r wrong....does make them a moron. Its also very interesting that some players only get upset with the "name calling" when its done by a player who has an opposing viewpoint.

1. were all the extra bounties available b4 guild wars?

2. Wasnt the whole idea of this feature for those that wanted more PVP action?

3. Are the extra bounties being generated by players who r participating in the guild wars and who have to take all the other crap that goes along with it?

4. Do players that prefer no/less PVP have their own updates/features ?

5. Is the guild war feature and its bounties available to ALL players if they so choose?

6. Should a player that did not attack a boss that someone else killed still get rewards?

7. should the non participating player get the xp rewards that corresponds to the bounty kill at the end of the season as well?

8. Does the hidden guild feature for the non PVP crowd provide any benefit to the PVP crowd?

9. How would not having access to these bounties cripple your game?

U seem to think that Im for this idea because it will somehow benefit myself or my guild exclusively...that simply is not the case. As for myself....I dont have the time nor the will to sit on the bounty page all the time. Most of the bounties generated by the guild wars r lower leveled players whos health is so low i dont have much of a shot at anyway due to my bounty delay. The monies generated by the low level bounties simply dont warrant my time to even bother with. Leader board stats dont award xp and i prefer to focus on things that do.

Honestly....my biggest concern here is the lower leveled players/guilds that have the guts to actually participate in the guild wars....theyre in there taking the heat from all comers and they deserve the shot at these bounties that r generated in part by their actions and participation, where as the non participating players have done absolutely nothing to deserve these bounties and certainly dont deserve to benefit off the sweat n guts of others

7. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

For starters Gene...Im not a moderator...secondly...I dont remember ever deleting a post of yours...considering Ive only deleted maybe 2 or 3 ever ...I think i would remember. Perhaps Im wrong....but if i did delete one of your posts than it must have been in violation. Your conspiracy theories r running amok amok amok.... believe me....Ive had plenty of my own posts deleted. The way I remember it ...Is that a few key members of your guild simply couldnt control themselves and were in violation of nearly every forum rule that exists.

If it makes ya feel any better i will delete my post that said u guys "tucked tail and ran", I was just having a lil fun with ya and I was a bit surprised when the guild that proclaimed to be the "true leaders" bailed after such a poor showing. My sincerest apologies.

8. gene illugi

it is my understanding that some guilds have left the wars because it seemed to them that only certain guilds were benefiting and there was no reason help them .

it has been postulated that guilds that are full of alternate accounts and their allied guilds which are believed to also be made up of alt's (and accounts that are played by more than one person) would have an unfair advantage in collecting bounties . we are all aware of the practice of gold transfer . wouldn't this practice become more prevalent if only guilds in the wars could collect war bounties ? since there are a limited number of guilds involved ?

and once again back to the problem of guild leaders not telling their lower level players what they are getting into . first it was not explaining what an enemy guild would do to them and the leaders calling everyone a bully who hit an enemy lower level player. now we should give them an advantage over other players because their leaders placed them into a war . i've talked to people who dropped out of a guild because they didn't want to war . and new guilds have formed for people who want war . in short there are already ways the lower level players can deal with the guild wars without gaining any advantage .

9. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Personally, I think that the point made by gene is valid, especially for MySpace. I'm pretty sure that there is more than one guild, also in the wars, which works with alts. Now if a war guild alt user lists someone for a war bounty and has another alt ready to collect without having to fear interfering from non-warring players, then this encourages alt-using.

I think that bounties, regardless of War or not, should stay a free for all. Sure, the wars have increased the amount of bounties placed. And I also understand that some people don't want to see a non-warring faction take their money. I personally think that this risk should have to be taken.

The suggestion to keep them in the war will only benefit the big war players, who can then transfer money to others more easily. I personally have done enough money transfers to my apprentice to help her getting more income quicker. I think, money transfers should stay risky, otherwise a load of players will become bitter about the fact that their game is regulated so deep.

10. Well said.

12. well i didnt remove it

theres no record its even there

it couldnt of been polish since hes not a mod

i highly doubt it was admin either

strange

13. going to bring this up again

a nonwar player collecting a war bounty is like someone that never played the lottery suddenly wins it without ever getting a ticket

or getting benefits from a club your not a part of

war bounties should be restricted to those in war mode

being in war mode means more risk

why should players not in war mode get war bounties without the SAME risks

that isnt fair

im still advocating for this and wont back down from it

everyone wants something without having to take the SAME risks

sure you would open yourself up to that particular player

but in war mode you also show up on the guild rival list

if your not in war mode then you dont show on it

and that isnt fair at all

keep war bounties for those at war

they have a bigger risk involved than someone not at war

sure they would have a risk but its not even close to the same risk at all

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  14. War mode only gives you risks if you attack someone and open yourself up to that guild. It's the same risks as playing in regular battles.

Why should players in War mode receive special treatment with the bounty board?

Again, if we implement your suggestion using your logic, then I expect any bounty put up by a guild member be only claimable by fellow guild members.

Just to make it fair all around.

15. regular battles between a war and non war player wont open you up to the whole guild

now if your the owner of a private club and you had a auction going on

you wouldnt let a outsider in since its a private club right???

why should a non war player get a war bounty if there not at war??

there not a part of the club now are they??

if a guild NOT at war throws a bounty that is something else entirely

if the guild is at war and throws a bounty then it should only be claimable by someone else at war

unless you would let outsiders in your private club

16. And see, that's the thing. It's not a private club.

You're wanting special circumstances, using words such as club to define your situation. This particular suggestion would only serve to bolster the club's finances, creating an unfair advantage for those who don't wish to participate in warring guilds.

And I'll be damned if I'm going to play a game that forces me to play it a certain way. (I.e. Joining a warring guild).

No. War bounties should remain open to be claimed by any brave enough to attempt it.

17. a player not at war does not have the same risks

so its not the same

if you want a war bounty you should have to go in war mode and take the risk of getting pounded by the whole guild and show up on the rival list

otherwise its like getting a freebie from all but the player you attacked

a war bounty should only be claimable by someone else at war

otherwise you might as well just get rid of wars

its already been reduced to a point where it hinders some players more than before

now you want to hinder it even further

another GREAT idea turned into a disaster

im for this idea so much im not backing off this one

i usually wont try this hard to advocate for a idea

but for this one it deserves to happen

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  18. Let's just agree to disagree then.

You're all quick to point out flaws and potential abuse of other suggestions and ideas but this particular idea which would benefit those in guilds is somehow free of abuse or flaw.

I'll tell you what though. I'll let you have this idea, and I'll support it wholeheartedly if my suggestion for allowing bounties placed by guild members be claimed only by fellow guild members. After all, it's the same suggestion on a smaller scale.

There are the same risks by the way. The only difference is that a player who is attacked would have to post the attacker's info into the guild feed, instead of that player showing up in a guild's rival list.

After all, any level 300 or above can be bountied by anyone in the game. Can be axe slapped to death by members of that same guild.

I know a lot of you support the battle aspect of this game, and yet you want to limit it and hinder it in order to improve a new feature that Kano added that.. forgive me, all of you seem unhappy with in the first place.

So again. No to this idea.

19. we can go back and forth on this all day

a non war player doesnt have the same risk involved

so its not fair to those in war mode that have the greater risk involved

you just said it yourself right here though

"The only difference is that a player who is attacked would have to post the attacker's info into the guild feed, instead of that player showing up in a guild's rival list."

and in that case the guild(if level is too high)cant attack that player

now in a war case that player would be open to the guild if they didnt already attack(regardless of level difference)

and its much easier to access via a list than having to search the feed for that post which can get buried rather quickly

but this debate can go on forever and it will be 50% negativity either way kano decides on this one

its a no win situation

20. big papa Grendall

big papa Grendall New Member

every one takes risks when they bounty some one so if you make it so that at bountys placed on someone at war by some at war cant be collected by people not at war why not say level 2000 and under bounty cant be collected by any higher 2000 and at war and at war player cant collect bounties from non at war clans aginst non at war clans it can go on and on seem the moderator is on some one side maybe in his pocket no names mentioned but seem apparent and go even father lvl 2000 to lvl 5000 cant be collected by any one high or lower and soo every will get sick of this lol quit crying NO ONE SAYS YOU HAVE TO BOUNTY PEOPLE WHEN YOUR AT WAR AND IF YOUR AND YOUR GETTING SAME ODDS AS NOT AT WAR PEOPLE I THINK YOU TAKE THIS RISK FOR YOUR OWN GAIN QUIT CRYING ABOUT IT