[VC] Developer Update January 30 - Wars Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Eric, Jan 31, 2012.

2. with wars brought up something else

if not in war mode why should you be able to get a war bounty??

its like the example i just posted earlier

its like saying you win the lottery without getting a ticket

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

LMAo...Think im holding my own.

Its all pretty silly anyways....regardless of whether its a good idea or not...Kano isnt going to implement an idea like this....not enough guild war participants to rally support and to many wannabes(not u) that want something for free . Its just fun watching all the morons get their panties in a twist....and blurt out envy driven remarks and unsubstantiated claims while not answering direct questions. To be honest...I really dont know how long these stupid guild wars will last.... Kano has turned them into a powderpuff feature

Back to the important crap....what kind of cake and when do we get it....or even more important.....how many FP is it gonna cost us...LOL

4. I have no clue as to where this idea originated. But it seems to me that someone is crying about people catching their war bounties.

If you are indeed a strong guild whose members are great at this game then why on Earth would you want to cripple the other clans from getting your posted bounties?

I have to admit Polish that your VC game is VERY different from The Facebook one. In FB if you implement this change most of the bounties will dry up for anyone not participating in the guild Wars. I have no clue how the game is on MS but I know it is a totally different arena. Because of this difference it's hard to have a discussion with you MS guys on certain issues.

I will leave it at that for now.

5. polishpimp

Once again....how is this relevant to what were talking about??? Thats a reply to something completely different. Please explain how keeping guild war bounties in the guild wars would insure we get all the bounties. I sure hear a lot of squawking....but i havent heard one relevant answer.

6. polishpimp

What r u saying Mike.....battle limits weren't put in place to thwart boss use? Can bots be used for bounty hunting? YES ....Im all about freedom of choice....but unfortunately some lines must be drawn to counter the cheats....if Kano could detect and eliminate bot use...Ide be all for lifting battle limits

7. polishpimp

LMAO...do see the word moderator under my name now? Idiot ...eh?? ya got me there! Really...every idea???? ROFLMAO!

8. Idiot.

And yep, every idea. I honestly think you have a special case of tourette's syndrome where you shout "ABUSE!" at random intervals. ;)

9. polishpimp

10. polishpimp

LOl....for real...that was funny!

Without a doubt I do oppose a lot of ideas...but the simple fact is...that although a lot of ideas sound great on the surface....their affects on other aspects of the game arent really taken into consideration initially. These ideas need to be picked apart in an effort to make them sound b4 they r implemented, putting them into place before potential problems are worked out or at least discussed just stands to create even more problems. Thats what these forums r all about.

11. But somehow that doesn't apply to this particular topic.... why? Limiting bounties regardless of where they came from is pointless. It shouldn't be implemented and you know it, try as you might to argue your support for it, lol.

It's cool though, I've seen and read all I need to.

12. polishpimp

Of course it applies here as well, Im just yet to hear why its a bad idea. All i hear is that its a bad idea and that its limiting bounties. I disagree that its limiting bounties...those bounties werent there (or most werent) b4 the wars started. They r part of the wars and should stay with the wars....just like anything else in the game. If u dont participate in killing a boss...do u get its drops and rewards?

All im saying is that it makes sense that u must participate in the wars to get a shot at the bounties that r generated by the wars. Some here may have u believe that it somehow insures a friend will get the bounty....but thats just nonsense. I think where Kano went wrong was not to have implemented this from the onset of the wars.....if they had....players would not have known what they were missing and it may have very well (and still might) enticed more players into participating in the wars. As it stands...the wars have only been around a couple of weeks....unlike some claim....changing this would not ruin there game. The player who claimed this has played a very long time and somehow wants us to believe that getting a couple weeks of a few extra bounties and then disallowing it will somehow cripple his account....thats just hogwash from a player who wants to get something extra without getting his hands as dirty as those fighting in the trenches of the guild wars

13. MOST of the warring guilds in FB are the very high up and strong clans. They should not need any help on catching the bounties. They should not hold the exclusive rights on these bounties and ensure that their coin stays in their guild. The free for all bounty system is what drew me to this game. I am a bounty hunter first and foremost. Even before Guild Wars most of the bounties on FB came from these same guilds that are in the war. If this new idea is implemented then this is why it would dry up our bounty list almost overnight. I am over 6000 levels below most of these folks and I consider myself a low level now days. The draw of the bounty system was the chance to take down the higher stronger clans and snatch that big payout! If the new idea is implemented that part of the game will be lost. Why do these strong clans want this? What are they afraid of? Are they afraid that a lower level clan will have a shot at a great bounty? If these warring guilds are in fact the best of the best then prove it and leave the bounty system open for all as it has always been. Do not limit these bounties to just them. That's totally unfair and one-sided to say the least. For the sake of sportmanship let us lower level clans have the chance at these nice bounties. It is tough enough to snatch them from the hands of these very strong fast clans as it is. Do not make it so they can keep them all for themselves. If this change is implemented then it will ensure that just a handfull of the warring guilds will ever have a shot at leading the GW. Even though on the surface it looks tempting, it will just benefit the strongest of the guilds. It will not make the game better in any way. The simple fact remains, They DO NOT need any help in catching bounties by limiting them to just them because they are made up of fast strong players that I would hope would want the game to stay competative and not result in shooting fish in a barrel.

14. If you think that Guild Wars opened up new bounties, then you're mistaken.

I've been bounty hunting for the past two days and I've scored over 100 kills in that time. It's the same damn amount. There isn't any influx of bounties coming in from warring guilds.

Would you limit bounties placed by members of your guild to being claimed only by members of your guild? If not, then why would you agree to this stupid idea?

If so, then uh.. please don't offer any suggestions to the Devs, especially if they listen to you.

15. John Gilli

John Gilli Member

I can say that there are more bounties since guild wars started. Some of us cheapskates rarely placed a bounty in the past, without the incentive to get the points.

As much as I would love to get more bounties and not lose the kill to Big Mike or Jerome, I can't for the life of me come up with a sound reason why this change should be implemented.

16. I have been hunting for a couple years. I KNOW the ones being posted are the same ones that were posted before GWs. They just do multiple listings on them now. The clans that have gone up on the list are mostly the ones in the GWs. THUS, this change will result in totally drying up the list here on FB. This is just a game to me and I enjoy the thrill of the hunt and to take out the higher clans on the list. If that list dries up for me then YES it cripples my game as it will be no fun. No Hog Wash here at all. BUT I can adapt if I feel I want to continue playing.

17. You know what? That may be a better way to look at this. What is the sound reason behind this idea? Are the Warring guilds not catching enough bounties or what?

18. Dunk Nielsen

Dunk Nielsen Member

can we get a bigger window for the blacksmith and when we have the guild war window open u cant see the bounty buttom and the guild war window should close when u click outside it and close the slap and attack window also with a click outside it

19. Arthur1

Arthur1 New Member

I like the idea, if those who are outside the wars are only prevented from collecting on the initial war bounty but not a second I don't see it impacting the game a lot. For example if I list Polish for my 10 points and then decide to list him again for whatever reason that would not be considered a war generated bounty would it? I do know that bounties have increased as a direct result of the wars, maybe not my collection rate, but the bounty flag has flown a lot more these past few weeks.

Regarding the loss of counters and bounty traps, I don't really like using them, but have no problem either way.

Would love to see the wins and loss stats though, think that would be a great idea.

20. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

bounties must remain open to all .

if your going to close the guild war bounties to non-participants then you must partition the bounties . guild war and everyone else . this way the higher bounties in the wars will remain in the guilds participating in the wars and the open bounties while smaller will have fewer people contesting for them .

as for the counters and traps in the guild wars , i don't believe they should be part of the wars .

i could counter someone 5 times and the opposing player would lose their 5 hits on me ? the trap take away their one bounty ?

lets leave well enough alone .

some people just want to keep the bounties for gold transfers and don't like it when someone not planned takes it . since some dominate the playing field with their "friends" or secondary accounts , there's no reason to make life easier for them .