[VC] December 14th Update - Stamina Boosts and Vingolf GT Blacksmith items

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Smack, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

A couple of updates were released to Viking Clan today.

Stamina Boosts
    By popular demand we included Stamina Boosts that you can use and send just the same as Energy Boosts. The Stamina Boost will provide you with 75% of your Max Stamina which can be used once per day.

ie: Your Max Stamina is 100, Your Current Stamina is 50. You apply the boost and you now have 125 Stamina.​

Head to Chieftains-> Boosts to manage your Stamina Boosts.

Vingolf Godly Trials Blacksmith Items
    4 new Blacksmith items have been released for this location:
    [​IMG]

Head to Clan -> Blacksmith to craft these new items.

We appreciate your feedback so please leave any regarding these changes in this thread.

2. szilard92

szilard92 New Member

Thank You Kano! :D:D

3. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

What are you doing you absolute morons?
    I go to bed at night with weapons that I've crafted that are attack 77 and defense 77. I wake up the next morning to find that you dishonest cheating bunch of idiots have altered all that and changed them to att 61 def 71 and also raised the cost to 1.2 trillion, what exactly goes through your little pin brains.
    You've turned a perfectly good game into a steaming pile, and you've managed to do it in leaps and bounds, congratulations DEVs, you absolute morons.

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Your welcome.

5. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

lol too funny kendall hahaha

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

It was brought to my attention earlier this evening from some players (an hour or so ago) that with the new crafting items some costing was changed for some existing blacksmith items along with one attack/defense of one of the existing craft items.

I was not involved with this change so I am not sure if it was an adjustment to balance these items, or if the values were adjusted by mistake. I have forwarded this to the game designer responsible for the adjustment and will follow up with him in the morning.

If you were one of the players impacted by this change please send an email into support. An update will be posted once I have gotten up to speed on what has happened and we have a resolution.

I understand your frustration and I apologize that this change wasn't communicated beforehand which should never happen, which makes me think that this may have not been a planned change but instead a bug where the production values were different from the game designer numbers and was pushed unknowingly, if it was known it should have been communicated.

At any rate, we will do our best to find a resolution tomorrow, I just have to find out why the costs and values changed in the first place. Thanks for your patience while we figure this out.

7. Demonik1

totally off topic but i was wondering if youre going to be making the newer boss drop items craftabke into elite items cause ive been saving them for that reason but it has yet to happen, id hate to drop them like i did the underworld rings and lose out..please respond to this and let me know..thank you
    * the drops from the ice dragon and vampire wraith

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  8. Demonik1

or just totally ignore me, thats cool too

9. Radu

Radu New Member

on topic or off topic, you read my mind, Demonik ;) Devs, i appreciate your work, but could you please do changes from low to high not from high to low? i presume it takes some time and work to update blacksmith like you did now with the new 4 items. and you did it so 10 players in the game can take advantage of it. why not do first a change, like Demonik mentioned. a change that can be used by more vikings. And...again off topic...could you please make an official announcement with big, but BIG letters, vikings had their chance to play a little with reversible blacksmith, then please let us decide, ... , and remove that option ! "let me adjust for you...juuuust a little. ok i crafted 700 darkwoads into 30 elite ones...not good? juuuuust a little. got 500 back, still not good, just crafted another 15"...it's whorish

10. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Nice to see ya active up here in the forums Demonik.

Not sure why u have a concern here or y u would even consider dropping any drops from a boss.... there's no upkeep tied to them so there is no need to ever drop them.

Personally....i hold onto everything that doesnt have upkeep......just in case Kano wants to surprise us ;)

11. Maler

Maler Member

actually i did remove more than 1000 Serpent Claw Blades and Cyclops Smash Clubs, because they were of no use to me :((
    However Underworld Rings are quite powerful and i wouldn't drop them fo nothing.

12. Demonik1

ive been active, just not half as active as you lol and i like to keep my offensive weapons as defensively oriented as i can, so if i have a high attack weapon with a low defense i dont like to use them..less damage taken, even on attack , helps to win the close ones...its this orientation thats made me stronger in the past few months and helped me defeat people that i previously could not. upkeep is of no concern to me, becoming stronger is and there are weapon drops with nice attack but very poor defense bogging me down slightly and it would be nice to know if im holding myself back for nothing....the best offense is a good defense...just ask the fridge and the '85 bears :p

13. Demonik1

yes, the underworld rings were quite powerful on the way up but they have poor defense and i gladly dropped them (before the elites cam out grrr) for a slightly weaker attack and higher defense and it made me alot stronger due to the fact that i had thousands of them...wish i knew then what i knew now i wouldve held on to them..retrospect's a b**ch, aint it?

14. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I realize that Im preaching to the choir here....maybe Im just missing something (certainly wouldnt b the 1st time....LOL) The game automatically uses your best weapons/warrior available in your inventory regardless of whether its attack or defense.....so even tho "underworld rings" may be still being used when u attack but not while being attacked....what ever item u have that betters the "underworld rings" is being used in instead while being attacked. Many weapons n warriors r still used in in attack while not being utilized in defense and vice versa....thats y u have to be very careful in what u discard or upgrade while blacksmithing....what may be a huge boon to u attack wise may very well be hurting u defensively and vice versa. At the level Im at at and with the huge number of drops I have.....I still must be very careful with what i turn into legendary even with the lesser drops from the earliest bosses.....in most cases a few lengendaries items with their high numbers dont even come close to the the number i get with elite status items numbers due to their sheer volume

15. Peter Markow

Peter Markow New Member

"Change, adjustment, update, frustration, bug, mistake..." and "communication, patience, attention, resolution..."

All your words...too much of the first group of words and too few of the latter.

You do not want en email from every player impacted...think about it...this impacts all!

Please, explain to me why I should spend my time and money participating in a game where the conditions for success constantly changes.

My question is the same as it has been on the previous occasions I have ventilated... "Who runs the ship at Kano's and why does she/he not fix the most important issue (C O M M U N I C A T I O N) there???

16. BLACKDETH

BLACKDETH Member

Peter is absolutely right:

Please, explain to me why I should spend my time and money participating in a game where the conditions for success constantly changes

This gets to the heart of the issue. Kano keeps changing the rules of the game in mid-play. Certainly we must allow for some change from time to time, but this has been an ongoing issue and depending on where you were when the rule change took effect, greatly impacts your game play. The organizers of the World Cup would not suddenly disallow own goals, now would they. Especially not half way through the 2nd round.....

17. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Originally introduced at 77/77, the Flyiing Cleavers brought an imbalance to the game. It was worth way more than anything else to craft and it was also cheap to craft relatively. I for one, wondered if it was a mistake while I also amassed them. The fix that took place yesterday appeared to correct the mistake. Yet the barn door was open and no player likely contacted support to say "This weapon is wrong. Its going to wreck the game. Its so out of balance to other things." So "we" took advantage of this.

Apparently that advantage has been corrected. I am not happy and I am not sad. Its for the betterment of the game itself and all players that this is correct in the scheme of things. I lost a great deal of attack and defensive power in inventory but relatively, so did everyone else.

So to me, bottom line, it corrects the game.

18. Mike Ketil

Mike Ketil Member

Maybe it doesn't make so much difference to the people who hit the bosses of dummy accounts and accounts that are no longer used by genuine players, collecting the weapons from those bosses would make it so that you wasn't affected so much by these changes. Maybe that alters some poeples' views, who know. I do hate cheats.

19. kayjay

kayjay Guest

i used/ lost 60 000 000 000 000 before i saw the changes that were made ..................

20. kayjay

kayjay Guest

thanks for the stamina boosts .................