unlocking power attacks

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ATHEISTIC SATANIST, May 13, 2011.

1. im just curious as to what the thought process was behind these.
    what was the intention for them.

im not asking for a formula im just asking what the thought process was.

2. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

I'm guessing to help lower levels get help with getting the minimum damage.

3. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Problem is though too many mid and higher levels are purposely asking for them.Is the intent to ask for these and then declan those that go over the minimum?

4. many higher and mid levels are asking for the unlocks just to get them and then declan anyone going to far over the min damage.

i was just curious if this was the intent

5. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

Yes the higher levels are asking for them but most have gotten the damage needed to get the best equipment already so what good is the last power attack for them? Most just want bragging rights.

6. and again just curious as to if this was kanos intent for these

7. The purpose is to help kill the higher leveled bosses quicker. There's really no need to unlock anything on low tier or low leveled bosses if you can or have anyone in clan that can kill them off for you. The drops are relatively useless other than the owner's prize until you get to the higher tiered ones. But yeah, for something like a level 49 Skadi that gives the strongest offensive player in the game(myspace) a "strength is too low" message then yes the power attacks are needed to bring it down. Otherwise that thing would sit up there forever and it would take way too long to get that precious (and upgradeable) Frost Princess owner reward,

I would say Kano's intent was to help the bosses die faster. What a lot of these players intent is something different usually.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  8. well again just curious to see the official explanation of them

is it so if someone goes over the min damage they get declanned and bountied?

is it that your suppose to get these unlocked attacks?

is it so everyone turns against each other

if its not either option 1 or 3 then could of fooled me

9. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

the intent is to help people kill off the higher bosses by giving u more attacking power, the min damage "makes" the helpers attack at least a certain portion of the overall damage needed so that the owner does not have to do 100% of the boss

u should let someone's boss get defeated bc they are too "picky" by not joining their boss making them kill the higher bosses on their own and then watch them get their act together...LoL

10. that happens and they STILL want both unlocks.

again if the intent isnt to declan everyone going to far over the min damage or if its purposely designed to turn everyone against each other then could of fooled me

only thing it does is shrink the rewards for everyone

11. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

yes it does shrink the rewards for everyone but the main reward is the drop anyway so that lil bit of damage u do shouldnt really matter to u, but with the message being in the wrong spot anyway (meaning that it is below the attack button so the first thing u see is to attack) i barely even bother scrolling down to look anymore

i think the min damage should be visible up front as well instead of having to scroll down and click a tab to view that since it takes too long...LoL

12. i remember Kendall months back replied to one of my threads saying how bout a message over the boss 200 characters or less.

that would help but this is getting off topic

question was what was the thought process behind these unlocks?what was the intent of them?

13. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Especially on higher leveled High Bosses you'll need any attack boost you can get.

I nuked one of Keiths Level 70+ Lokis almost alone and blew a ton of Stam on it.

And the increase in damage is felt once the first PA is unlocked, the second increases damage even more.

These Power Attacks are there so you have a chance to beat your High Bosses in 4 days without having to resort to spending a ton of FP on refills. And the minimum damage was introduced to have an incentive to do more than just a tagging attack for the unlocks. Furthermore is collecting Boss Kill Rewards a very good way to ensure that you have masses of powerful weapons at hand when needed.

Some people are very zealous when it comes to sharing the wealth, as they see it as stealing from the lower levels when they can't get the minimum damage in cause someone decided to nuke the boss.

14. Bo Baby

Bo Baby Member

well there really isnt a thought process, it is what it is...the unlocks were included to help people bring down bosses once they get up there in lvl like some of them are now or else there would be plenty of bosses that did not get completed

ur question is weird though bc ur asking something that u already know the answer to, its none of the suggestions that u brought forth nor were those possibilities probably even thought of when adding unlocks to the bosses

15. That's because PCPD has declared itself Eddie when clearly they are not.

If you don't go over the minimum damage you don't get anything. (AND DO AT LEAST 2 HITS, 1 hit for 100 times the minimum still doesn't get you ANY rewards, not even 2XP and some coins, they used to allow you got get rewards on the new bosses with 1 hit but not anymore and a lot of people are getting nothing because of it and being forced by PCPD to do so.) It's a minimum not a maximum people. Someone going nuts over any amount of damage under 500K is kind of silly when a good dozen or so players deal that in 2 hits now, not just me, the birman and the bicycle seat anymore.

Seriously the only place I see people getting a butt worm about this is on MS Pirate Clan. All the other apps people really don't care. Unlocks are asked for on certain high tier bosses but no one goes ballistic when someone accidentally blazes one. PC seems to be the app taken too seriously by some I guess. Really just 5 or 6 people that are the cause though.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  16. There is a loki over level 70 in existence on myspace? Or is this for facebot or hi5? highest I see are in the 50s and they take a couple thousand stam to bring down.

17. weird i get that with 1 hit.......

eddie must like me :D

18. by Keith i think he means Keith ottard

19. no answer yet i see from kano