[LCN] Unexpected Down-time is over!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wonder Bread, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

After an excruciating day of outages caused by problems with Amazon Web Services, we're pleased to announce that the game is back up and running properly. We're going to continue to monitor closely, but looks like the majority of the issues have been resolved.
    Because the outage resulted in players being unable to finish their 3-day calendars on time, we've extended the deadline for finishing to 11:59pm tonight (PDT). We know this fix won't help everyone who was affected by the outage, but we hope that this extension will at least mitigate some of the inconvenience.
    We also apologize for the confusion earlier announcements may have caused, however we didn't anticipate the games being down for as long as they were. We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding immensely, and we're glad to be able to announce that you can continue playing the game you all love.

2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

For all Lotto players:

Fear not the lotto draw that should have taken place at Noon Pacific today will be run over the next few hours. You will not lose any potential payouts, just hold tight and check the lotto page soon and you should see your payout if you won.

Good luck ;)

3. Philip Graves

Philip Graves Member

And several of my syndicate wont be able to make their gamer points. Please make it right and make today a freeby on points!

4. IpeeFreely

IpeeFreely Member

MW's is down again just keeps reloading!!! damit, i'm in the arena working a big player down with over 500 stamina into it!.. pirates ect seem to be working, just mobwars aint.....

5. Rossi

Rossi New Member

"Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra is offline, we hope to have it back up shortly.
    Thanks for your patience, we will be back shortly!"

Lol, seems that the game it's not really back and for sure it's not running properly.

6. Philip Graves

Philip Graves Member

Yeah...Im thinking of heading to the bar and sending Kano the reciept for my tab. Maybe they can give it back in GF points....; ) Probably wishful thinking...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  7. Rossi

Rossi New Member

Hehe, that could be a good idea... I'm so tired right now that after a few beers I wouldn't care much about the GF points or the game itself :D

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  8. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Amazon is still having issues, they have stated they are more than 50% through all the impacted servers, looks like LCN still had one. We are working hard to get back up as soon as possible.

9. Camorista

Camorista New Member

Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra is offline, we hope to have it back up shortly.
    Thanks for your patience, we will be back shortly!

10. Wonder Bread

Wonder Bread Active Member

It turns out my message was a little pre-emptive as we had to take LCN down shortly after. After several hours of struggling with the servers, the game is back up and should be good to go, although Amazon has yet to give the all-clear, which could result in additional issues. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate everyone's patience and understanding while we work through these issues.

11. Pit Boss

Pit Boss New Member

So are you going to extend the calendar again, because of the SECOND outage??

Perhaps this will teach Kano to not use AWS and actually get their own servers. It's not like Kano doesn't make enough money. Indeed, you could easily pay for some great RackSpace servers, and NEVER HAVE THIS ISSUE AGAIN!

12. sparkyvee

sparkyvee New Member

Seriously unhappy with this:

I finished the calender, but as I only had 20 minutes to finish instead of 2 hours I had to use my precious GF points to finish it - surely you could have found a fairer way to extend rather than extending it while half your players are ASLEEP.

More disturbingly, the 25+ Boss fights I was helping out in have now VANISHED - I have ONE Boss fight showing, and a quick run through my syndicate showed I was still active in several (not including the dozen or so from general mobs)
    What is going to happen to my drops and XP as I can't see them to collect???

This has been a MASSIVE balls-up and needs to be rectified - your customers are not happy!

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'm speaking for myself yet again this was 'NOT KANO'S' fault if wanna keep crying then you have a problem!

14. MastroML

MastroML New Member

Unexpected Down Time - Still Has Problems: No October Calendar

Unexpected Down Time - Still Has Problems: No October Calendar

My October calendar with a new key every 30 minutes is not working, not appearing, and is completely missing!!!

15. Pit Boss

Pit Boss New Member

And you are completely, utterly and horribly wrong. Yes, Amazon's "lovely" AWS EC2 server took a shit, and left us high and dry. That said, and because it happened twice, and had already caused problems earlier in the week, Kano could have done something about it, yet they chose not to. AND because it happened to us twice in the same day, the calendar could have easily been extended for another day at least. It costs Kano NOTHING to run the calendar, so they have zero excuse for not, oh I don't know, BEING THERE FOR THEIR PLAYERS AND PAYING CUSTOMERS WHEN SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS!

This, my friends, is the road to Zynga-like treatment. Oh, it seems small, but it always starts that way. I truly hope that Kano sorts this out and quickly.

16. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I feel Kano basically came to work yesterday when things went wrong, they spent all day and into the night to get the games back on, so give them a moment to breathe, I am sure when they get back into work in a hour or so , they will see what still needs attention, so take a breath and give them a break .:)

17. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Well said about it not being Kano's fault :p