[KanoPlay] Turn on public sharing to allow attacks from non-Captain players.

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Gunny from PC, May 30, 2014.

1. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

We have noticed, that even though the public sharing toggle is turned off before you post your boss link on, world chat, it will automatically turn back on. In order to not allow attacks from non-Captain players you have to go back in to your boss to manually turn it back off thereby making this feature redundant. Please address the problem. Thank you.

2. ben

ben Active Member

I will agree with this one ...

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks we'll get this looked into!

Gunny from PC likes this.
  4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I don't quite understand the concept of this, if only want captains to hit your boss why would you even use world chat? You send the boss out to clan just like always "ask for help" and people get it out of their feed. If toggle got changed to set manually "off" wouldn't it be "redundant" for the people that use it for non-captains to manually turn it "on" every time?

5. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Hi Matthew,
    Not all of our captains will see our boss when we ask for help. I'm not sure why or what the percentage is but many a time you need to go directly to their profile and read their feed in order to find if they posted boss help/adv/challenge help. Having the option to share boss on job chat ensures that all of your captains can get in it for rewards. I for one, do not want to reward my rivals which is why I like the option to turn public sharing off. As it is now, even if you have this option turned off once you post your boss it automatically turns back on. This is what I would like to see fixed. Off means off...we shouldn't have to re-enter our boss and turn it off again. Our fist option albeit on or off should stick.

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Yep, I as well have ran into that problem of not everything showing up in feed (or if come back later it magically appears), but shouldn't that be addressed instead of World Chat being messed with? Shrugs shoulders, I already see bunch of bosses turned off there as it is, why make it worse? How many really actually watch World Chat to hit a captains bosses anyways? My guess is very few.

7. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

I agree with you. Not being able to see all requests from our captains should be addressed as well as having a feature that isn't working properly should be. As far as how many really actually watch world chat to hit a captains bosses? Your guess is as good as mine but we obviously do. lol

Jared likes this.
  8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I look there once in awhile to see if a rival posted a boss that is useful to me and jump on it just to pizz them off :p

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Checked with the developer and this is working as intended. The thinking there is that if you are sharing Bosses to the WC or the Job Board then you would want them to be publicly available in most cases. Sharing to the Armada chat will not toggle that link back on, however.

10. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

Thank you, Mitch and I understand that thinking but shouldn't it just stay at what we think it is set at when we post our bosses? And it does toggle back on when we share to armada chat although that isn't the issue here.

As mentioned above, not all of our non-armada captains see our boss posts if just done on our main feed which is why, Job Chat is nice to utilize. Having said this, it also would be nice to have the toggle stay on, OFF if that is ones first preference. It isn't impossible to work around...just annoying. o_O