[VC] Totally new idea for the Arena

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Adam Maguire, Feb 7, 2013.

1. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Exactly, I was hitting top tier before I was level 1000 simply because of my attack heavy build and clicking with a lot of effort. Last arena I went into the arena in the 1200s came out in the 1300s, and placed 10th above people double my level. It's definitely not always about how big you are, but it also does help :p

2. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Will the highest of levels always win?..NOT always as proven by you lol(congrats on pulling that off those times)

3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

Listen...Im not questioning your intent here, you may very well think your idea is fair, Unfortunately it is not, in fact it only makes things even more unfair....conveniently for lesser accounts its skewed towards them. I get that u think the arena should be totally separate from the game so that all things are equal but your suggestions here are in total contradiction to that thought. The only way what your suggesting would be fair is to start everyone at exactly the same numbers(SP, warriors, weapons..etc etc)....not just health. There would be no need for perks at all. Anything less than this would still allow for someone to still have an advantage based on what they have done in the regular game....but this is what your trying to keep separate right? Your idea as it stands just further punishes higher levels while rewarding accounts that have put in less time or built weaker accounts.

My handicapping is 'BS"? I already lose up to 40 % to players that cant beat me even once in the regular game. Perks are based on overall SP allocation but are only awarded to some attributes which further punishes higher level players who have much more need for things such as stamina and health. Big stamina already a big advantage? I disagree in that it takes away from perks in every other category not to mention stam refills can be purchased by anyone to make up for a heavy attack/def yet stamina deficient lower level account.

Even if all players started with the same health......it would still be very easy to identify the stronger accounts. your suggestion would just give more incentive for larger numbers of players to go after the bigger targets harder and sooner. That doesnt exactly sound fair to me, thats akin to tying a steak around the neck of a paraplegic rottweiler and tossing him into the ring with a thousand poodles that havent eaten in a week, and somehow that sounds fair to you?

In the end....the only way to pull off what your suggesting is to give every last player the exact same numbers across the board, but even this has problems. At that point why even have an arena, just have a drawing and reward the winner. But what are u going to reward the winner? U want to keep it completely separate from the regular game right? would it be fair for a player to be able to apply the winnings from a totally separate aspect of the game to the regular game? This would defy your logic wouldnt it? you dont want players bringing their previous hard work to bare in the arena for their own advantage....I cant imagine you would think it would be fair to bring the winning from the arena back to the regular game to use to their advantage.

U say u want it fair, u say u want it completely separate from the regular game. Does that mean i will no longer be handicapped and my numbers will stand for themselves and i will never lose a battle again? It sounds to me like u want to keep all the crap that handicaps me like the whole random factor.....while making it easier for lower levels to compete while putting more of a stranglehold on the more powerful accounts. Your idea of "fair" and mine are about as different as humanly possible. You dont want to keep the aspects of the game separate, you want to keep the advantages already afforded the lesser levels while increasing the difficulty factor for players such as myself. Yry looking at things from all levels point of view....not just your own.

4. slave

slave Member

well its still kinda like nascar, see a few years ago you used to get a couple of hundred points for winning a race, then they changed it to 43 pts per race

kinda like kano did with zs arena - before this arena you used to get 200-300 xp per fight for a win
    now you get 30-50

so still like nascar
    except i wont be playing now
    i wont waste my stam pts on now the lowest paying xp in the game....

5. God of Bacon

God of Bacon Member

Okay, so it isn't just me who's getting shitty XP. That makes me feel a bit better, but also kind of pissed.