[VC] Total attack, how does it work?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Alice Prospero, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Alice Prospero

Alice Prospero Active Member

For a long time i thought your "total attack" (found under the battle strength tab under profile) was just that, total attack, and as long as your total attack was higher than the defenders total defence then i would win (taken away the random factor).
    But, after testing i realise that this is not how it works. I constantly lose against players with a lot less total attack than my total defence.
    Example:
    Defender, me: total defence 1,150,000,000
    Attacker, random bad guy: total attack 950,000,000
    Result: i lose

This tells me that there are other factors in play here. By looking at the fight result page when i lose i often see that i have better stats in every area except my personal attack vs their personal defence. Does the personal attack/defence somehow carry a bigger weight when the battle result is calculated?
    Can someone explain how it works? And also, isn't it misleading to call it "total attack" or "total defence" if it is not, in reality, your total attack but your "one of the factors that make up your total attack"?

George Burd likes this.
  2. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i don't know exactly how this works, but the formula isn't that simple. just having a higher stat than the other player won't guarantee battle wins (but it helps, because i can even beat players a higher level than i am). kano won't provide the exact formula, but hopefully some other players that have been around a while can share some of their insight.

3. Jaegermeister

mi7ch likes this.
  4. Alice Prospero

Alice Prospero Active Member

Thanks, Jäger, that thread explained a lot. I searched to find something similar but could't find it.

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Alice Prospero likes this.
  6. Jaegermeister

i try to help where i can. by the way, clan is key. having max clan goes a long way towards any stat deficiencies you may have.

Alice Prospero and mi7ch like this.