Time to bring Kongregate in-line with the others

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by KuraiKiller, Sep 20, 2013.

1. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

The Kongregate server has been out for awhile now, so I was hoping that the couple little rules that are unique to the server could be brought in-line with the other servers.

Mainly I am referring to the natural Energy refill. Currently you can only regenerate 3k Energy maximum. The other two servers have a 50% increase in the amount of Energy you can naturally acquire upon level up. I think the server has been out long enough that you have done what you intended (prevent Energy accounts from going straight to the top).

Also, the ability to advertise your punches to your Home feed with a button is sorely missed. Sure, you can copy and paste the link in the Kongregate chat window, but the links are bulky and ugly, and you have to reload your entire page, thus losing your chat, just to click a punch link.

Lastly the Hired Squad Pointment. The Kongregate bonus they give to your Hired Squad is only 1%, so in order to maximize your Top Squad attack/defense bonus from Hired Squad, you need to dedicate 10 slots. Half my Top Squad are players that do not benefit from anything. Five is sufficient for maximizing the bonus, in my opinion.

*edit - corrected "Hired" three times...*

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  2. slave

slave Member

im absolutely baffled the rules and restrictions arent the same across all channels

but whereas they are a small indie company, they enjoy having to constantly monitor and update and patch all the different variations they have out there, it must be easier to maintain that way instead of having one version and when you make an improvement everyone benefits

see this way they can devote one developer to each server they have out there and all versions will be completely different! yeah thats it...

hopefully you can see the sarcasm here....

3. Chima Ejim

Chima Ejim Banned

I had no idea that the rules/restrictions were different on other channels. This baffles me as well as makes my brain hurt. Can somebody please explain the logic in this?

4. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

Well, two of the three differences sort of make sense.

For the punch links, Kongregate has a chat window that you can post it in.

For Energy, it was to curb Energy builds from shooting way above every else.

No idea why the Hired Squad bonus is different though.

5. Chima Ejim

Chima Ejim Banned

I only have 1200 energy and I still believe it should always be fully refilled upon leveling. If a player is going to use all of their stat points on energy or stamina, I believe they should get the full amount when they level up. Otherwise, I do not see the point.