[ZS] This week in Dev.. TGIF!.. "Use more skill" edition

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Deltan, May 5, 2012.

1. Deltan

Deltan Member

Battle Arena Progress:
    This week for Battle Arena Survivor we were working out bugs, working on the UI and tuning and balancing the perks. Some design time was spent specifying the reward structure for completing the arena. The top XX% of players will get additional rewards based on performance, these rewards are XP, Cash and Favor Points. The amount of reward you get will be based on the number of players in the arena, the more players the greater the rewards. It will also be based on which position you placed and your current stats. Next week we will working out the final kinks and we plan to have a beta test middle of the month.

Changes this week in game:
    • Mobile: Battle/Fight Help, Punch Help feed support. Hitlist feed items link to target.
    • Game History entries for Counter Attacks now show how much XP was earned
    • Quarterly Newsletter campaign begins
    • Made changes behind the scenes to the mailing system for newsletters. Can now accomodate promos and quarterly newsletters.

Player Bans:
    In an attempt to be more transparent about the efforts we're making on cheating in game, we've decided to start posting numbers of our bans weekly if we have them available. Here are some numbers from this past week. This data will improve in accuracy and verbosity with time if we can.
    ~5 day freezes this week
    ~1 week freeze
    ~30 permanent bans

2. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

that's really interesting :) I would like to know, whether Battle arena different from fights or not?

3. Nelson Yoong JunNam

Nelson Yoong JunNam New Member

Weeeee Can't wait to try :p

4. Stanislav Georgiev

Stanislav Georgiev New Member

I think attacking/punching should be restricted with levels of attacking player. I am sick being punched by 3000+ level players every day, because of crying babies, who are attacking me and if lose, they are asking other players to punch me. Generally, this is zombie fighting game, not PvP and I will not miss PvP battles at all. Who is really like to attack other players instead of zombies should play Gladiatus or Pirates Assault, not this one. It is really strange and pointless to have world full with zombies and last survivors to fight each other instead of zombies.

5. Deltan

Deltan Member

Hi Axxo, you can read more about Battle Arena and how it differs from regular fights here and here! :)

6. Tokenhero

Tokenhero New Member

Totally agree with this guy!

Yeah, I totally agree with this guy 100%. When players attack me and invariably lose they get players in their squad or faction who are over 1000 levels above me to constantly hitlist me, punch me and in general just totally hound me every time I come on-line to play the game. What they then do is warn each other that they are going to hitlist me so they can get the bounties and keep it in their faction (or squad) so booby traps are useless against them or ambushes cos it costs billions just to place one of these! Every time I sign in to play I am constantly bullied by these players which all starts when a same level player attacks me, loses, and then can't handle the defeat once they are retaliated against! They take it really personally as if it is themselves being attacked! As the guy above said its supposed to be a zombie killing game and not a player v player killing game otherwise what's the point of the zombie bit? Can anything be done about this cos it's getting to the point now where I just can't be bothered playing the game as I know what's going to happen as soon as I start playing? There should be a cap on higher level players being allowed to hitlist the likes of me or if there is one it doesn't appear to be working at all! We are in no position to fight back cos hitlisting these higher level players costs mega-billions which we just don't have to spare or if we do have we need it to just buy the equipment needed to progress in the game. I don't know the solution but maybe this Battle Arena idea is the answer to some of these problems! I certainly hope so and will give it a try before I give up this game permanently.

7. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

Unfortunately Kano don't see high levels chain listing lower levels as an issue. They see it as a part of the game and something lower levels should have to put up with because that's how it's always been. All I can say is you are not alone in thinking some kind of restriction should be bough in so higher levels can't stop lower levels from enjoying their games. I highly doubt it will ever happen though.