[PC] This week in dev... TGIF long weekend edition!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, May 19, 2012.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Monday May 21st is a stat holiday here in Canada which means that Kano/Apps offices and support may be a little quiet but we will still be around to handle any emergencies and back in full force Tuesday.

Community Management Updates

Over the past 5-months we have made some great changes and additions to the Pirate Clan community including:
    • forum restructuring
    • a wonderful moderation team!
    • the ideas board
    • weekly communication (devs TGIF)
    • general feature and development communication
    • action against violations of Terms of Use
    • new processes and policies
    • quarterly newsletters

Deltan played a big role in these improvements and helping Kano/Apps to focus more on community and we appreciate the initiatives he introduced.

Moving forward we will continue to push further initiatives to grow our community, but effective today, Deltan will not be part of those plans. To fill the void, we have assembled a community management task force of familiar faces until we have a more permanent fixture in place. This task force will consist of myself Kendall, Wonderbread and Smack.

We are extremely excited about the growth of the community in the past few months and are looking forward to introducing more initiatives to help it grow even further! The future is bright!

PC Spring News, Updates and Limited Time Offers Email

If you have signed up for a newsletter you should have an email from us by the end of the day! If you have not yet signed up for the Newsletter make sure you do so that you don’t miss out on important updates and free stuff in the future!

If you have given us your email address but have not yet received the email, first check your junk / spam mail folder. If by the end of the day you have still not received an email, please email support with the email address you are expecting to receive the newsletter in, your user id and how you recieve email (eg. through the web or thru software like Outlook) so that we can look into it further.

Battle Arena
    We are targeting to release Battle Arena to Pirate Clan early next week, either Wednesday or Thursday (Monday is a holiday here in Canada). We have had a couple of issues that have delayed the release of this feature but it is back on track and we are targeting next week for PC!

Mobile Updates:
    • added Elite Captain management and full functionality available on web and canvas version
    • added income and upkeep display to Rule

Content Updates:
    • we increased the attack and defense stats of ALL Rare Battle Drops, ALL Legendary Boss Drop Crafted Items, ALL Limited Time Items, ALL Limited Quantity Items and Loyalty Items from Gold level up to Alexandrite level

Player Bans:
    • 3 permanent bans

Have a good weekend y'all! Kendall out!

Play Now!

Facebook: https://apps.facebook.com/pirateclan/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/games/play/140498

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  2. kayjay

kayjay Guest

thanks kendall

3. Mr Killer Man

Mr Killer Man Active Member

If I join the battle arena and don't like it will I be able to leave it or will I be stuck on the list?

4. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Battle Arena is a coins buy-in feature and does not impact your current fight stats (ie. works off of different health bar), once you are bought in you remain on the list until your battle arena health bar depletes or battle arena time completes.

5. meandyou

meandyou Banned

any joy with arena eric it thursday here in uk no areana

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

The last I heard it is still in testing here. The developer is working hard to get it out this week but as we get closer to Friday the release date gets put at risk because we do not like releasing things on a Friday afternoon. I will re-check with the developer and provide an update.

7. meandyou

meandyou Banned

looks like next week but no rush would be nice if you consentrated on getting the crafting up to date

eric any chance of getting the crafting up to date , i seem to have more stuff uncrafted that i have crafted

Mateys: 96322

76322 not used in battle

Get More Captains!
    Weapons: 94563

74563 not used in battle

Get More Captains!
    Ships: 37924

35924 not used in battle

Get More Captains!
    please help us weak pirates get stronger

8. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Can you be more specific with what areas you would like to see more crafting in?

9. meandyou

meandyou Banned

Eel Guardian
    Attack 20 Defense 15

Fortune Teller
    Attack 24 Defense 24

Elite Pirate
    Attack 26 Defense 25

Gladiator Captain
    Attack 27 Defense 27

Rapanui Warrior
    Attack 25 Defense 24

Ape Man
    Attack 30 Defense 30

Stormcaller
    Attack 27 Defense 27

Razor Starfish
    Attack 38 Defense 38

Pirate Spellcards
    Attack 36 Defense 36

Cursed Blunderbuss
    Attack 23 Defense 29

Giant Spear Gun
    Attack 20 Defense 27

Pterodactyl Glider
    Attack 100 Defense 100

Tempest
    Attack 95 Defense 95

Mystic Ship
    Attack 92 Defense 92

these are ones that i have mostly so if i have missed any out that others have lots of then they can post them is that wat you look for eric most of wat i posted are not being used by me

10. meandyou

meandyou Banned

eric another piont in the game that i think should be address , if a player has counter attacks on a play and it then put on the list , the counter become inaffective , on them , this should also apply to the person while they on the list if they are on the lisrt any counter on them by players should become inefetive whiles that player is on the list they player should not be able to set counter off by players that have them on while that player is on the list like you say you want the game fair both ways this should make it fair by making counters inecfective on both sides of the fence

11. The Protector

The Protector Banned

Brought up and shot down multiple times.