The Ultimate impact of Faction Wars.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Eraser, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Eraser

Eraser Member

Factions used to be on the foundations of 3 things. Who Your friends are, Who your enemies are, and how you like to play the game.

Looking around the game, trying to find a faction Id like to join, I have seen such a negati ve impact on factions from updates not only from faction wars, but bonus point implementation, and various other updates like the privacy feature.

I like this game a lot more when there was more of a "us vs them" feel to it. If you ask me factions where in thier prime when there was no offical game factions at all. just plain old game tags that could be any size weither it be 10 or 150 people, not limited by things like what level you are, or how often you leveled up, or if you like to play a specific mini game like battle arena or faction wars.

It was just a group of people that could help you out in your fights, or advice on how to build your character. and possibly even give you the fun of "thees are the dirty those guys".

Does anyone else feel like the faction, and all its preceding updates has ruined what it means to have a Tag?

2. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Do you feel that if the faction size itself was increased from 25 to say something like 100 would that improve factions? The size of 25 has always bothered me, increasing the size would seem to have more benefits.

3. Eraser

Eraser Member

I always liked being in smaller. more exclusive groups myself. a leader with the undying need to keep 25members in a faction at all times ruins the group every time.

the best faction i was ever in was 8 people at it largest.

but yes i have also experienced being in a full faction that needed more room and suffered dearly trying ti make a sister faction that failed miserably because eveyone wanted to be in the full faction.

Whatever limit you set the masses will aim to stay at that capacity.

If faction wars and limited gamer points stay you will always have leaders out there priming for them.

So what you have, is a whole bunch of factions Striving to be the "best" set by the standards of kano, and anyone looking for something else is basically SOL. Because There is no appeal for being in a tight knit group based on different standards that are not directly rewarded by the game.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013