[VC] The Raid Boss is Now Available!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I'm okay with most of these ideas except for pro-rating rewards. Nothing else in the games (hits/bounties, arenas, wars, etc.) have pro-rated rewards, so why would this be any different? I'm sure Kano will review how everything is going and make changes that they feel would be beneficial to players at some point.

Kirsten likes this.
  2. KenThorius

KenThorius New Member

With the investment to kill the boss I was expecting ALL of the drops, and then random for 250 actions. None on my list will ever be done either. How about instead of us just whining about this you say something back.

3. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

My name is NOT Nancy. But I am quite negative when it comes to the RAID boss - for the large number of reasons listed here and which I have listed both here, social media, and in World chat. I've also emailed these to KANO, but as of yet have not heard back from KANO.

4. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

From 5 bosses I got 3 rewards until now, on 3 I made over 5500 actions, on the other two over 1200.
    There might me a 50% chance.

5. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

I spent far too many FP's on the thing and had it down to half health and someone intentionally killed the raid party. As it is the first time I cannot do anything about it. The health reset to full, too. I can't even go after the player that did it because they are almost 5000 levels above me. Not asking for compensation. Just hoping the next Raid Boss that comes out will be less bugged and have that 10% checkpoints in health. I do feel, however, that I just wasted my money that could have been spent on Hired Chieftains or bosses with drops to keep my in my weight class.
    Overall, fun boss. Just not what was expected.

6. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

FP's should always go for full clan before ANYTHING,

BUT

damn that sucks, I just heard on FB VC someone was going around killing the raid health on purpose last night, and that is just mean

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

Once again I will be attempting to answer some general questions, most of my time right now is dedicated to conferring with the developers about the feedback from this thread and what I've seen in the World Chat and discussing improvements for the next Raid Boss as well as keeping up-to-date with any hotfixes they roll out.

The reward system is designed so that when the Raid Boss dies, everybody gets a whack of Cash and XP commensurate to the effort they put into killing the Raid Boss. More actions = more payout, in addition to what you would have gotten while the Boss was alive. The drops are guaranteed to be payed out to the player who summoned the Boss on their first summon of the event. Every player who has performed 250 unique actions has a chance to earn a drop when the Boss is killed (unless of course this is your Boss that you've summoned and is the first one you've summoned during the event, then you get a guaranteed drop). Given the sentiment that I've seen in this thread, this system might benefit from some fine tuning so it will be adjusted the next time the Raid Boss comes out.

I've posted this elsewhere, but here are some improvements we're thinking about for the next Raid Boss.
    • Raid Boss wipe checkpoints. Every 10% increment you get the Boss down in health will result in a checkpoint. Wiping the Raid will reset the Boss' health to this checkpoint, not restore it to full. The checkpoints will start at 90% total health.
    • A player who wipes the Raid group two or more times will become eligible to be kicked from the group.
    • Reworking the invite system so it is more user friendly and more Bosses will remain private (the intended function of this feature).
    • Guaranteed reward drop on the first Raid Boss kill you get during the event. Subsequent Raid Boss will still have a chance to drop items if your perform 250 unique actions, but your first Raid Boss kill will give you an item.
    • Ability to interact with Raid even if your personal Health is low (since you use Group Health to interact with the Boss).
    Also @Grand Master Fielding Kano has replied to you. ;)

Lasinagol likes this.
  8. KatL

KatL New Member

So I did some testing by creating a new account on server 2 for raid boss. I got 1 (yes 1 exp) for doing a 5 stamina power attack. Got 7 exp on the raid boss for healing. It was only a level 30 account but still it looks like the raid boss exp scales with either your level or your attack/health. It doesn't seem to be worth it for low level people in the first couple thousand. It might be worth it for high levels though which I guess that's who they are targeting.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. Jkvkid

Jkvkid New Member

It would be nice if the Raid Boss had it's own Tab on the boss list so it doesn't make the regular Boss list longer.

10. Kirsten

Yes I would like that as well :)

11. gods people

gods people Active Member

i still cant get anyone to join because it says oops you need an invite.

12. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

My friends are turning the public sharing on, only this way can people get in.
    Some links work for 3-4 people, then the boss says that you need an invite for the same link.

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Public sharing should not be necessary to invite people to the Raid Boss, the developers and myself tested this several times yesterday.

14. John Gilli

John Gilli Member

Public sharing should not be necessary. But for many many of us it has been necessary. The drops are not what they were promised to be: I did 6400+ actions on a boss and received nothing: no gold, no XP, and no drops (and no response yet to a support ticket). I contributed another large amount to another boss and was told I received 10 skill points, but actually received 5. And I suggest the "blocking" feature for saboteurs be one kill not two. Otherwise, the saboteur will just wait until a large amount of the bosses health is killed off before doing their dastardly deed again. Once they have shown their intention, why would I give them a second chance? (My boss is idle for just this reason, as are some other players that fell victim to Milos .... ooops, the saboteur). Its not defamation if your World Chat logs show him bragging about it, right?

On a positive note, I have no problem with the amount of XP awarded for attacking and healing, and am not concerned with the lack of drops during the battle. Also, I think the 10% road blocks for resetting the bosses health are a great idea.

15. John Helga

John Helga New Member

Dude - 295 of my chieftans are level 4000 or higher. You need a better class of friends :>)

16. Kirsten

Turning on public sharing is what we all had to do all yest to send out links in game or FBI groups

Just got my first reward from a friends boss:D

17. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

@John Helga, he was talking about on Server Two, or Kongregate.
    I would also like to clarify that it was a different Milo, not me. I want to take these guys down, not ruin it for other people. It would be great to remove someone the FIRST time they let the raid party die. Ineptitude is not an excuse. If they won't do it again, then they come back in with the Owner's consent.

Kirsten likes this.
  18. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

The Raid Boss is a disappointment to me, not what I expected at all! When someone does not fill the health, the thing resets. All that stamina & energy you have put into it is totally wasted! In other games with Bosses similar to this when the health goes to -0- you are just not able to attack the Boss at all until someone fills the health up. While I may know that you have to keep the health full, there is ALWAYS someone does does nothing but attack & eats the health up & screws it up!

The other thing I do not like is there should be a guaranteed reward drop when the Boss is killed! Then there should be a "Chance" to get the better rewards! While the XP & coins are nice, they just are not enough for the money that most put into it! I have only received 1 drop from the 1st one I joined. And when I use FP's to refill my stamina & energy I expect to get something for my money!

In the regular Bosses you get drops you can use & be able to upgrade your strength, with the Raid Boss, the ONLY thing it is good for is the XP to level up which is what most are using it for!! I already can level up fast, I don't need the frustration of the Raid Boss in order to level!

SO.........There are already higher level people who are stuck & going nowhere in the game because Kano does not keep up by releasing new lands on a regular basis, NOW there will be even MORE higher level players twiddling their thumbs!! PLUS those newer higher levels will be much weaker because of no worth while drops to make themselves stronger!

This Raid Boss is totally unlike anything else in the game, you should have just made a new game with these kinds of Bosses if this is what Kano really wanted to do! I play VC because I like it & enjoy playing, but this is too much of a "chore" to do to me! If all I want to do is level up then I know how to do it already, but when I put my money into games it is because I enjoy playing them, not to do chores!

Kano should have given us a new land, there would be a lot more happy players in the game! People play VC because they like the game, you have totally changed the game now, and it's not a good change to me!

19. Kirsten

Even if we got a new land many would want another right after that, but we also complain the games are dead or boring ,I say we ,although I am not bored or need a new location, just so no one gets offended but I don't rush thru things, and yes the raid boss has issues,we can help kano by feedback, we can hope they listen and make the boss, better, and yes we need other things, wait till Power heal which is LCN ,is implemented ,that as glitches that kano is working on,any new feature usually does, so if when they fix it and someone does not like it,then don't do it ,I don't do war mode cause it is not my thing, but the bosses certainly have people talking lol here on FB in WC , buzz buzzz buzzzz:eek:

Jared and Smack like this.
  20. Debra Otter

Debra Otter Member

Not really impressed with Raid Boss. I do not appreciate buying junk... yes junk that I no longer use, and will not use to get those stupid keys. Yes I got a key before I said No Not Happening! Just a waste, of time effort , to do. Sorry! Just my humble opinion.

Baldr Lys and Kirsten like this.