The Official Faction Wars Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Dec 16, 2013.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey folks,

Now that we've had a few Faction Wars under our belts, we're going to be leaving this thread open for general discussion instead of making a new one for each War. Any comments/feedback/questions about the Faction Wars can go below!

Help Document:

Joining
    The Faction leader or officer can register a Faction for a War, once registered other members can join. Your Faction must be two weeks or older to join. You may opt-out before a Faction War begins, but not after it starts.

Divisions
    Factions are placed in Division tiers A through E (A being the top skilled Faction). Your division tier is calculated by your total Faction skills (top 15 members) against all others in the war.

Battles
    Faction strengths are calculated from the top 15 joined Faction members which all contribute to the Factions attack / defence / health. If you do not have more than 15 members you will take the stats of all registered members. Once the war begins the stats are saved for the duration of the war. When initiating a battle each player is equipped with the strengths of their Faction along with their individual armed attacks strength which contributes to their minimum damage against. Attacking another Faction will use Stamina and War Tokens. Keep your health up by healing to maximize the War Points received on attacks, if your health drops you may see slightly lower War Point rewards.

War Tokens
    Every member of your Faction starts off with 200 out of the total 300 War Tokens. You refill one Token every 2:42. Every person gets a total of four 50 Token refills a day, which needs to be done manually. You may gift Tokens to other members of your Faction as long as they are not at the 300 maximum or have passed their total number of manual refills for one day. The one Token refill will continue past the manual refill limit as long as you are not at the 300 Token maximum.
    To gift another Faction member a Token, provided they are not at their maximum, in the members view page click their token count link.

Battle Perks
    Along with taking your total Faction strengths into battle, there is also some variability added in each attack using the following Perk.
    Attack - Minimum Damage Bonus - The greater percentage of skills in your armed attack the more minimum damage you will do to a target.
    Defence - Energy Heal Bonus - The greater percentage of skills in your armed defence the more you can heal your Faction.

Battle Rewards
    Players will receive XP, War Points and random Battle Drops for attacking target Factions. The amount of War Points are dependant on a win/loss or kill. War Points are further modified by a couple other factors, the division of the target Faction and how many kills you've had against the target Faction. The division bonus is greatest at Division A Factions. The kill bonus degrades the more times you kill the same Faction.

Deaths and Respawning
    When your Faction health is reduced to zero you die and go into a 15 minute respawn wait time. During this time you cannot heal or attack other Factions. Deaths also have a price, you will lose your War Points reward from your last kill.

Healing
    Players will be allowed to spend War Tokens to heal their Faction and will get XP for each heal action. Your Faction can heal a total of 400 times over a 1 hour period (since the first heal occurred). Heal allocations will replenish if you respawn or the 2 hour period completes.

Leaderboard Rewards
    The top 20% of Factions will be rewarded with the currently listed rewards.

Ending a War
    The Faction war ends when the timer runs out. Factions will be ranked by War Points and will be listed on the leaderboard accordingly.

2. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

ummm the results for this war is not showing up, just the 1 from Nov 29...

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

If it's anything like what happened with LCN last week it's just a server cache issue. I'll get the developer on this and we'll have it sorted out shortly. :)

4. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

im hearing its just on FB, thnx mitch ;)

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

OK, should be all good now :)

6. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

Hey mi7ch...

can you help me with the 'battle drops' in FW? I'm pretty active in the wars and our faction gets plenty of kills.... but I don't believe I've ever seen anything that resembles a 'battle drop' as stated in your BATTLE REWARDS portion, nor have any members of my faction. Do I just have no idea what to look for in my inventory, or is there no special message telling me I've been awarded one? Just curious.

7. hell have no fury

hell have no fury New Member

Battle drops don't happen in zombies but do happen all the time in fw in the pc and vc games

8. Jeremy Hall

Jeremy Hall New Member

Suggestion for Faction Wars

While I enjoy Faction Wars, as does a majority of my faction, I do have a few concerns and some possible suggestions to potentially make it a more enjoyable experience for all, and might get more people to participate.. It is really hard for any faction not in the A range and possibly some of the B's to really get any of the rewards that are rewarded upon completion of said war.. My faction rank is B, we do okay, we generally get something at the end, but we cannot compete with the likes of the "big 3" and I kind of think in a way it is unfair.. The faction's stats are calculated off of the top 15 participants in said faction which is not a bad idea. I am almost lvl 1800 and have decent stats, as to a few of my faction members, but some of the more established factions have members averaging between 3000 and 6000. It is really hard for those not in those elite factions to make and keep points, especially since if you die, you lose your last kill bonus and that the stats are so uneven.. Why not make it so each rank fights their own ranking, or something along those lines, see who the best in each division really is, not who can rack up the most points killing all the smaller factions the fastest.. I do enjoy a challenge, as do a lot of gamers, but if something is borderline unfair, or if they feel they are wasting their time, and resources, they may not participate, or in some cases quit playing all together.. The more people who enjoy their experience, the better it will be for everyone playing, and those who depend on us playing..

9. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

just thought I'd bump this post as it was never answered...and i've been waiting for the answer lol

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It was answered by another player, right below the actual question.

That's a typo in the help doc.

11. Pat Bayford

Pat Bayford New Member

In this current War (7th to 11th Feb 2014) our Faction have repeatedly been robbed of kills, having done all the hard work. WE appreciate that this will happen sometimes, but is happening to regularly to be luck. WE believe someone has found a way of detecting low health, without attacking. Given your position on cheating, we feel you should investigate whether or not this is possible, and, if so, take steps to prevent it.

G String likes this.
  12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the report, if you believe that there are player(s) using automated tools or third-party software to assist them in their gameplay, please report the suspected parties to Support.

Thanks!

13. Pat Bayford

Pat Bayford New Member

Will do! Thank you!

14. swansmash

swansmash New Member

Is there a way you can play Faction Wars on a moblie device, I'm using an Ipad and I even open up it up in a browser and it still directs me to the moblie site, thanks

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

There's currently no mobile version of Faction Wars, however it is something we're working towards adding in the near future.

16. onefish

onefish New Member

i play FW on an iPad, and I can play it on my iPhone as well. i open up safari, go to "kanoplay.com" and it works...(it's slower than playing on a desktop, and really hard to get a kill but it can be done.)

17. Stephen Rayl

Stephen Rayl New Member

Just curious: why penalize the faction if they are defeated by taking away the war points from the last kill?

18. Stephen Rayl

Stephen Rayl New Member

Okay...how about this: factions fight other factions in the same division. An 'A' faction fights an 'A' faction and etc.?

19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Factions should be working together to both attack and heal, hence the death penalty.

Additionally there are various ways we encourage Factions to attack within their Divisions. An A Faction attacking Factions in the E-B range will not get nearly as many War Points as they would if they attacked Factions in their Division.

20. Pat Bayford

Pat Bayford New Member

Point taken on this, however, groups of A Factions tend to mob-attack B's and lower Factions, so that they spend a lot of time out of the game respawning. This, coupled with the loss of bonus for deaths, means the odds are heavily stacked in favour of the A Factions. Maybe some thought needs to be given to the balance?
    In addition, this time it has become obvious that there is something odd happening - on at least one occasion our Faction was losing Health by the bucket load, while there were NO listed attackers! And on several occasions, Factions we were attacking dropped from 200M/250M Health to dead in less than 5 seconds - not humanly possible!

STONECOLD HITTER and AlterEgoT like this.