The Official Faction Wars Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jul 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

With Faction Wars on hot approach, I thought you folks would like a thread to discuss this new mode among yourselves and leave feedback on it. If you've got anything to say about Faction Wars, this is the place to do it! As always, try to keep the tone respectful and be open to other people's opinions. :)

2. slave

slave Member

have to say im disappointed before we even start.

this is a timed event? how come this is not a 24/7 ongoing war
    this is for people who happent to be online at a certain time, that s not a faction war
    a faction war is for all people across all time zones to be able to do, not some start at a given time and end at a given time

what kind of war has a start and stop time??
    a war should be available to start and finish when one team has concquered the other
    at least thats my opinion
    now some mod please feel free to delete my post because my opinion doesnt match theirs.....

3. Jim Wells

Jim Wells Member

I see a start time, a finish time, I see that you respawn, I see no death, no instructions, how do you win, how do you lose, wtf is this??????

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The Help section is on its way, and that should answer any question you might have about the mechanics of Faction Wars!

5. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

So war tokens...
    Are they shared between the faction as the health is?
    How many do we start with and how often do they regenerate?
    Where can I get more?

6. Marty Lopez

Marty Lopez New Member

Is game play limited to the top 15, or can any registered member participate even if he/she is not part of the top 15 in faction? Are drops and rewards distributed equally through out the faction or only to attacking member of faction?

7. Eric

Eric Administrator

Hey everyone thanks for the feedback and questions. The help documentation is now live and we're continuing to add to it where necessary.

Faction Wars will be a 3 day event (2 days for tomorrow's beta). Different time zones should not have an impact as you have 3 days to participate during which time you're never disqualified from the event.

You start with 100 War Tokens and can regenerate 1 every 5 minutes up to 300. Refilling tokens will not be available during the beta as we're still testing the feature and making sure it's working 100%. Refills will be available next war.

The entire Faction can join and participate. The overall Faction strengths and health are calculated using the stats of the top 15 members. Battle drops are given out to each individual attacking and the leaderboard awards if ranked high enough will be equally available to each member

8. Chris Schaefer

Chris Schaefer New Member

will there be achievements at some point???

9. So what

So what Member

Theres a glitch on the wars

Ppl changed factions

Yet it still showing for their previous faction..........any chance ye could look at that?

10. Survival Streak 0

Hmm it says the top 15 stats will be used, but it looking at our members list the faction war page it is actually the first 15 to join that are counted?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  11. Eric

Eric Administrator

As people join the War it will resync and remove players not in the Faction, also when the war starts it will do a final resync. Note that if you leave a Faction during a war, there will basically be 1 dead position on your team as that player cannot participate.

Wil take a look at your Faction incase there are any bugs out there, it should be resyncing after every join even after the first 15. Also I had to remove your last post for dated information that has since changed, the last war thread will be updated.

12. Survival Streak 0

It's not resyncing some of our strongest members arent being included because they weren't in the first 15 to join

EDIT: working now :p

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  13. Eric

Eric Administrator

Thanks for the report, should be fixed. If anyone else notices their member list out of sync it will do one final sync just before the war starts.

14. Chima Ejim

Chima Ejim Banned

Been waiting for it to start. Now nothing is loading at all. Is this happening to anyone else? Zombie Slayer refreshed and now everything is gone lol

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hi folks, the developers are looking in to this and hope to have it rectified in short order! We'll keep you updated as things progress.

16. TonyDu

TonyDu Member

ZS froze when Faction Wars started...does this suppose to happen?

Edit: Thanks for the quick reply.

17. Free kiss

Free kiss New Member

18. So what

So what Member

seriously

were all here

what happend kano

theres only 52 factions
    whats the story ?

19. slave

slave Member

doubting denton

i didnt want to be a doubting denton....but how could it be any other way than completely froze on start....

20. Chima Ejim

Chima Ejim Banned

what a great start to faction wars!!! hahahahahahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.